Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

It's official ... I've lost it

I hesitate to post this, it's so stupid. But ....

Last night I dreamed that I saw a UFO while at a nighttime street festival in Cincinnati (not clear on which one, but that's not important). The UFO kept flickering in and out of sight like it was cloaked or something, but not very well cloaked. Lo and behold when I finally got a good look at it, it was the DEFIANT. I was grabbing at my husband's arm and we were both jumping up and down "Oh my God, it's the Defiant!" We were almost crying we were so excited.

Then Captain Sisko, Dr. Bashir, Jadzia Dax and Major Kira all appeared before us dressed in clothes like ours (trying to blend in I guess, but if they were trying to do that maybe they shouldn't have arrived in the Defiant if it's cloak was not working!). They were looking for someone, unfortunately not for me, and started moving through the crowd with very serious looks on their faces. Minutes later, I spotted Kasidy Yates (don't ask, I have no idea why she would have been there). I just remember throwing my arms around her and begging her to take me home ... back to DS9 I guess! It was so real I was crying when I woke up. Then of course I was laughing out loud when I realized what I'd just dreamed about!

Now, I'm no nut case (honestly!) and I don't go around wearing a Starfleet uniform and stalking the actors at conventions or anything. This dream was so real it was awesome. I think I'm going to watch the whole run of the series again (we just finished Season 7 a couple of weeks ago). B)

Well, gotta go ... the Emissary is calling.

LOL..YES I AGREE YOU HAVE LOST IT,BUT DID YOU

EVER HAVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE??? B)

Wow gul_nodrog.!! That is one awesome dream..I'm jealous..I never have cool dreams like that. That's one of those dreams that you get angry when you awaken-"Why did I have to wake up"!!..It's always amazing when dreams feel so real..

Thanks for sharing...

Wow, I really am in a good place here! I can't believe you guys answered this post, let alone are jealous of my dream! I just thought you'd think I was psycho!

Live long and prosper, everyone!

Guest Guest

You're not nuts, it sounds like a cool dream. B)

I once dreamed I was Buzz Lightyear and I was captain of the Enterprise, but since I was only a 12 inch toy nobody could hear my orders. The whole bridge crew kept going "whaaaa?"

That's nuts. B)

Wow, I really am in a good place here!  I can't believe you guys answered this post, let alone are jealous of my dream!  I just thought you'd think I was psycho!

Live long and prosper, everyone!

Not at all gul_nodrog, I am very pleased you posted, now get ready for a shocker!

I hesitate to post this, it's so stupid. But ....

Last night I dreamed that I saw a UFO while at a nighttime street festival in Cincinnati (not clear on which one, but that's not important).  The UFO kept flickering in and out of sight like it was cloaked or something, but not very well cloaked. 

Guess what?

Click for Spoiler:

B) I saw that UFO last night for real! B)

First let me say that I have always been what I call hyper aware of things in the sky, I always look at the thing I see at the corner of my vision and as a result often see the things that others on the street never even notice.

The time was around 5:40 pm local, I was walking east on the Boulevard on my way to the Church to watch Jem dress rehearses for a dance show she is participating in tomorrow and as usual I was keeping an eye on the line of airplanes (about two miles to the south) that are always present on final approach to this city's airport when I noticed a problem.

An airplane (or so I thought at the moment) was coming from the south towards me and cutting straight across the flight paths of inbound traffic, a collision looked imminent. I stopped in my tracks and could only wait and watch and pray what I thought I was about to see occur did not.

It didn't, the inbound traffic flew in front of the other object. Relieved, I then started paying closer attention to the other vehicle. Having the inbound plane cut right in front of it gave me plenty of info about how far away the object really was and that lead to a conclusion on it size and distance; far and hugh!

It had 3 white lights and 2 yellow lights in a straight horizontal line like this: * * * * * I then noticed the lack off any red and green navigational beacons and it was clear to me there were no vertical surfaces visible.

My mind screamed; UFO! Two seconds later the lights went dark but I could still see its shape. To describe its appearance after the lights went out is to say it now looked like a Havana cigar with the pointy tips cut off viewed from oh, about 40 yards away or so. 3 seconds later it disappeared just as it might have done if it had enabled a cloaking device. The Truth IS Out There.

....and i thought i wassn't sane....

but very interesting Alterego....

Now there's a response I never dreamed my post would receive. B)

I take it you don't believe my recollections and that's fine with me. B) I'm secure in the knowledge what I said was true whatever anyone thinks of it or I would not have posted. I noticed you did not try and offer a logical explanation for the sighting, why not?

It had 3 white lights and 2 yellow lights in a straight horizontal line like this: * ** * I then noticed the lack off any red and green navigational beacons and it was clear to me there were no vertical surfaces visible.

My mind screamed; UFO! Two seconds later the lights went dark but I could still see its shape. To describe its appearance after the lights went out is to say it now looked like a Havana cigar with the pointy tips cut off viewed from oh, about 40 yards away or so. 3 seconds later it disappeared just as it might have done if it had enabled a cloaking device.  The Truth IS Out There.

Very cool post AE.! I've always wanted to see a UFO..I do believe they are out there. I too am always looking to the sky..I'm still searching...

Cool dream, I just wish I could have more dreams like that. I hardly ever remember my dreams..

About UFO's, of course they are out there. It's just a question about when they will visit us, and if they would allow us to know about it. The universe is a bit to big to just support life on one single planet...

Very cool post AE.! I've always wanted to see a UFO..I do believe they are out there. I too am always looking to the sky..I'm still searching...

Don't give up spacetigger, them not seeing are those not looking hard enough.

About UFO's, of course they are out there. It's just a question about when they will visit us, and if they would allow us to know about it.

They do allow us to see them, the difficulty lies in believing it when you do.

I completely believe in UFO's I have not seen them but the thought of us being alone in the universe or being the most technicalogicaly advanced race is just not logical to me.

Wow!! That was an awesome dream! I often have dreams about Star Trek (mostly Voyager) if I have been watching it that night but never anything as good as your dream. What a bummer the DS9 crew weren't looking for you! If that was me, I would be chasing after them,

Madam Captain out!!

B) I wonder if I can go to sleep to night and have a Star Trek Dream. That would be cool! B) As for life besides ourselves some where out in that vast universe. There has to be out there some where! After all there is more than one fish in the ocean. B)

I too have experienced a star trek dream,but i wont share my story with you all, B) lol.

but what i do want to say is that i think we are lucky to be able to escape into our dreams and usually find places,people and an environment that we are familiar with and somehow feel safe and happy to be there.

unfortunately not all dreams are like that, (some of them you cant leave fast enough) i have those ones alot,but i do have the occasional one that i never want to wake up from

oh, and im still searching the skys to, i belive the truth is out there !!!

I dream every night vividly about a lot of different things and it's a lot like going to the movies! Usually, I'm blending in and out of characters, you know sometimes I'm me and sometimes I'm another person in the dream. I didn't elaborate, but in this DS9 dream I had I was sometimes myself and sometimes Major Kira. Garak was there, too, and when I was Kira, Garak and I were interacting like they did while they were helping the Cardassian resistance.

Anyway, I wanted to respond to Alterego and his UFO sighting. I sooo want to believe in life elsewhere in the universe. It makes no sense for us to be alone in all this space. I personally have never seen a UFO, but my brother and my mother swear up and down that they did. It's probably been 20 years ago, but they both woke up in the night because they were hearing something over the house. We lived very near an US Army installation and the army guys were often out on night drills with helicopters and stuff, so when Mom and Bill first woke up they thought that was what it was.

BUT when they looked out the front door, this disc shaped craft was apparently just hovering right over the front yard, about 500 feet or so up (their estimate). It sat there for a few seconds while they looked at it and it was "humming" (not like a chopper engine, but very low-pitched). They said it had yellow lights on it, but not many. Then it just sailed over the house with a "whoosh" sound and was just gone by the time they got to the back of the house to look out the window.

They've never told anyone but me and Dad about this. My brother is so scared to this day that he won't even talk about it. You bring it up and he just shuts you right down. Mom won't talk about it anymore either ... I think she's convinced herself she never saw it just to make herself feel better.

I know this sound nuts. We are NOT like most of those crazies you see on television carrying on about this kind of stuff.

I was away at college at the time, unfortunately!

I think I once saw an UFO, it was around 10 pm 5/6 years ago, I was outside my house in the porch looking at the sky when all of the sudden a blue light moved fast... very very fast and then it disapeared. I kid you not, this once happened... I think the Vulcans are spying on us :lol: