Sign in to follow this  
karenjo

Is the Cap'n a Leftie?

So, what do y'all think? After seeing Captain Archer land his left fist squarely in Shran's face, is our hero left-handed?

Have we seen any other instances of Archer favoring his left hand? Somebody who's taped some episodes, check out some Captains' Mess scenes: does he hold his fork in his right hand or his left?

What about other starship captains? Lefties or righties?

The fate of the universe hangs on you answers...

He has his phase-pistol holder on his right hip. But then they all do. We've seen, Archer, T'Pol, Trip, Reed, Mayweather, Hoshi and even Phlox with the holster and they are all on the right hip. I only noticed this because Enterprise airs after The Simpsons on Sky in the UK and Silent Enemy was on directly after Ned Flander's 'Leftorium' episode!

:laugh: Jeez! How sad am I? :laugh:

We've seen Archer, in The Xindi, reach for the coffee-cup in anomolous mid-air with his right hand. I'd say he was right-handed. Trip too, in Precious Cargo, hit the kidnapper with a left, then a right and then a left and Trip is definately right-handed. How do we know for sure? Man, it's the hand he passes a peach with!! :dude:

Maybe Starfleet teaches them to 'lead with the left hook'?!

I must find the time to go back to First Flight and see which way Archer led hitting David Carradine.....

Well, I'd say the peach clinches it for Trip! :laugh:

Please let me know, Trinneergirl, about the "First Flight" episode. This may seem like a silly thread, but as a leftie, I can tell you that it's of utmost importance to some of us! (Well, okay, to me, anyhow.)

I have checked First Flight and the news is sad for left-handers... B)

He, (Archer), hits: Right, Right, Right, Left, Right...

So it seems certain he is right handed. B) On the other hand the south-paw to Shran B) suggests a man appropriately ambidextrous for the first deep space Captain.

Trip too, incidentally leads from a left or right according to circumstance. Cool. ;)

Well, I'd say the peach clinches it for Trip! :lol:

Please let me know, Trinneergirl, about the "First Flight" episode.  This may seem like a silly thread, but as a leftie, I can tell you that it's of utmost importance to some of us!  (Well, okay, to me, anyhow.)

Lefty all the way.