Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Is the Borg Queen 7 of 9's mother?

False (different species), but that would've made for an interesting Star Wars/ soap-opera twist. :)

Guest Mike_Hines01

The borg queen isnt 7's mother, but in one episode 'Dark Frontier, Part II' we learn the borg queen tells 7 that one of the drones she is working with is her father.

The Borg Queen as portrayed in the 8th movie gave me the impression that she was from the species that created the Borg. However, in "Dark Frontier", we discover she's from Species 1** (can't remember full number). So, this makes things confussing. In any case, the Queen is not Seven's mother. They purposely didn't show Seven's assimilated mother in the episode so as to not take away the Janeway/Borg Queen fight for Seven.

I forgot to add that Seven's parents are Magnus and Erin Hansen. Also, the Queen says she's from species 1** and Seven is Human, from a 4-digit species, so there's no way the Queen is her mother.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Perhaps with all those people in her head she's gone schitzo, and believes she is Erin/Borg.

Of course MY theory is that the Borg Queen(s) was grooming 7 of 9 to one day become a Queen herself. I can't back that up with anything specific but it would have made for an interesting episode.

Edited by lt_van_roy

Of course MY theory is that the Borg Queen(s) was grooming 7 of 9 to one day become a Queen herself.  I can't back that up with anything specific but it would have made for an interesting episode.

I don't think so. I think the Queen's consciencous exists within the collective. Each body is a clone/robot body constructed when neccessary. In the movie, she makes it seem like she was a member of Species 001, yet in "Dark Frontier", she says she's from Species 1**. I doubt the drones live forever, so I deffinately think she clones and rebuilds herself.

Whenever Seven was just a drone, I think that the Queen had no interest in her whatsoever. Then, whenever she became disconnected and hung out with Humans for a while, Seven became fascinating to the Queen. She became the link that the Queen has always tried to create in Picard/ Locutus and Data. Only not a 'human-become-Borg' link, but more of a 'Borg-become-Human' link (if that makes sense. The Queen seems always to be consumed by a need to conquer the Humans. And has always looked for a cvonduit with which to communicate with them.

Though if you ask me, at the end of the day, I think that she does an adequate job herself: she is the least Borg Borg i've seen and borders on 'mad Human'!!!

Whenever Seven was just a drone, I think that the Queen had no interest in her whatsoever. Then, whenever she became disconnected and hung out with Humans for a while, Seven became fascinating to the Queen. She became the link that the Queen has always tried to create in Picard/ Locutus and Data. Only not a 'human-become-Borg' link, but more of a 'Borg-become-Human' link (if that makes sense. The Queen seems always to be consumed by a need to conquer the Humans. And has always looked for a cvonduit with which to communicate with them.

I totally agree, Prometheus! :P

OH, come on. Weren't any of you paying attention. Of course the Borg queen was 7's mother. The Queen made reference to 7 to come back into the family. This was 7's uniqness. If you recall the Science ship, the Hansen's with 7, Anika Hansen, when she was just a child, was assimilated. Anika's mother is the same person who is now the queen, same head, anyway, same face. I remember discussing this with Headborg at the .Com Lounge, he seemed very interested in what I had to say about this, now I know why. :picard-sith:

Edited by Jeanway

A friend recently make this claim-true or false? :picard-sith:

The Borg Queen from ST:FC is quite possibly the "original" Queen from the original species. The Queen in "Dark Frontier" is from species 125. The Queen seen in "Unimatrix Zero" and "Endgame" is yet another Queen, her species remains unkown. She is in no way Seven of Nine's mother. She is a mother figure to Seven in the Borg Collective, but she's not Seven's actual mother.

OH, come on.  Weren't any of you paying attention.

I did.

Of course the Borg queen was 7's mother.

No she's not.

The Queen made reference to 7 to come back into the family.

That was a metaphor. The Queen was saying that the Borg Collective is Seven's family rather than her "new family" on Voyager.

This was 7's uniqness.

The Queen's special interrest in Seven added her to her uniqness, correct.

If you recall the Science ship, the Hansen's with 7, Anika Hansen, when she was just a child, was assimilated.

Yep, we learned this in "The Raven" and "Dark Frontier".

Anika's mother is the same person who is now the queen, same head, anyway, same face.

Anika's mother is not the same species as the Queen. The Borg Queen seen in "Dark Frontier" is from species 125. Humans are species 5618, so this rules the Queen out as being Human. It's a different actress than that whom played Seven's mother.

I have to agree with CJLP on this one, the Borg Queen isn't Sevens mother, since they are not from the same species it is impossible.

OH, come on.  Weren't any of you paying attention.  Of course the Borg queen was 7's mother. The Queen made reference to 7 to come back into the family.  This was 7's uniqness. If you recall the Science ship, the Hansen's with 7, Anika Hansen, when she was just a child, was assimilated.  Anika's mother is the same person who is now the queen, same head, anyway, same face.  I remember discussing this with Headborg at the .Com Lounge, he seemed very interested in what I had to say about this, now I know why.  <_<

She did?

No offense but most of you seem to be forgetting a lot of facts that affect this, although you are probably right some factors have been missed.

1. Someone mentioned that borg drones are constructed where the main idea behind the borg is assimalation not construction.

2. Seven of Nine being "groomed" to be a borg queen? No as the borg use a "Royal Protocol" to create a new queen when/if needed.

3. Lastly I concede that I dont think the borg queen is Seven's mother as she does mention in stated movie below that she is from species 1** (Not humans) and this surely discounts this theory?

The Borg Queen isn't 7's mother.

I agree with many of the arguments presented by those who also feel this way in this thread.

Yeah, she probably isn't her mother, though that would, as said above, have made an interesting plot twist! It's almost too bad it doesn't appear to be the case!

Guest Picardismydad

The borg queen is most definitely not Seven's mother in any way other than a twisted metaphorical sense as she is the "mother" to all borg drones. The actress who portrayed Erin Hansen was a different actress than either of the borg queen iterations. 2 different queens from two different species (001 and 125) two different actresses respectively. Erin Hansen, human (5618, I believe, or maybe 5168) and a different actress as well. No reason to see any correlation in my opinion.