Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Enterprise Sets

I'd bet that every piece of the original set’s, which were not recycled, were stolen or could be laying around PAR under lock and key somewhere.

even the higher ups in paramount probably dont know the answer to that question. ill bet a lot of the workers took parts of the set home with them.but we'll probably never know.

even the higher ups in paramount probably dont know the answer to that question. ill bet a lot of the workers took parts of the set home with them.but we'll probably never know.

Do we know if any of the actors have any set parts? I read this interview one time with the guy who played Quark in DS9 (can't remember his real name) and he said that even though they weren't supposed to a lot of the actors were takeing pieces of the set to remember the show by.

Nope.  They rebuilt the TOS bridge, or a large cunk of it, for TNG's "Relics" then reused that same set piece for DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations" which now is on display at the Smithonian... I think.

The bridge isn't on display but the ship they used is. I was kinda mad when I saw it though because they hid it in the lower level of the gift shop.

The bridge isn't on display but the ship they used is.  I was kinda mad when I saw it though because they hid it in the lower level of the gift shop.

You have been in the presence of the Original Model??? :laugh:

If you listen real close, sometimes you can hear the plywood floors of the bridge creek when they're walking around. I've noticed several times when Shatner's moving about.

I thought most of the TOS sets were torn down or used for other shows but I could be wrong. :innocent:

In the TNG dvd's they have aninterveiew with the lady who is in charge of everything Trek prop..they showed us the Lot on paramaount where everything is...and I doubt that the original TOS site is all gone.

btw..they found the original model of the TNG enterprise in a chain fast food joint above a grill..soaked in greese...*Shudder* :dude:

In the TNG dvd's they have aninterveiew with the lady who is in charge of everything Trek prop..they showed us the Lot on paramaount where everything is...and I doubt that the original TOS site is all gone.

btw..they found the original model of the TNG enterprise in a chain fast food joint above a grill..soaked in greese...*Shudder* :wow:

Stardate:213438.9

Boy i tell u what if i went into that place and saw that i would ask for the manager and slap him across the face and say "Show some respect you idiot!!!" :dude::dude::wow::dude::dude::dude: :o B) B) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Also i think i remeber reading somewhere that Shatner took a part of the original set home.I could be wrong.

I'm telling you guys, the sets were torn down, unless bought off by fans. Remember, NBC was the company who was convinced to buy Star Trek, aired it for 2 seasons, renewed it for a 3rd season becuase of fans, then finally cancelled it. It was Paramount who "bought" Trek with the spin-off series that was canned in favor of making a movie, due to Star Wars success. Half of the movie sets were saved and redressed for TNG. The TNG sets were then recycled for VOY while an ajacent (spelling?) stage housed the DS9 sets. When VOY came to an end, and the sets were torn down, as were the DS9 sets, they discovered the foundations were rotten as they had been the original ones from 1979! :waaaa:

With this said, if it's a drama, or a "present day" series, I think they would normally recycle the sets, but with a show like Star Trek, it's far more likely that they tear down the sets. The only one I see them keeping is the bridge, becuase it's the center set of the series.

This isn't deffinite, just my opinion. :laugh:

I'm telling you guys, the sets were torn down, unless bought off by fans.  Remember, NBC was the company who was convinced to buy Star Trek, aired it for 2 seasons, renewed it for a 3rd season becuase of fans, then finally cancelled it.  It was Paramount who "bought" Trek with the spin-off series that was canned in favor of making a movie, due to Star Wars success.  Half of the movie sets were saved and redressed for TNG.  The TNG sets were then recycled for VOY while an ajacent (spelling?) stage housed the DS9 sets.  When VOY came to an end, and the sets were torn down, as were the DS9 sets, they discovered the foundations were rotten as they had been the original ones from 1979! :waaaa:

With this said, if it's a drama, or a "present day" series, I think they would normally recycle the sets, but with a show like Star Trek, it's far more likely that they tear down the sets.  The only one I see them keeping is the bridge, becuase it's the center set of the series.

ok your saying original from 1979, but i think the original question was about the original sets from the 60's. im sure many of them are in peoples homes, and basements, or trashed. like the original ent hanging over a grease pit stove. (shaking my head in disgust, give it to me instead ill take care of it). so thats where the question lies.

I'm telling you guys, the sets were torn down, unless bought off by fans.  Remember, NBC was the company who was convinced to buy Star Trek, aired it for 2 seasons, renewed it for a 3rd season becuase of fans, then finally cancelled it.  It was Paramount who "bought" Trek with the spin-off series that was canned in favor of making a movie, due to Star Wars success.  Half of the movie sets were saved and redressed for TNG.  The TNG sets were then recycled for VOY while an ajacent (spelling?) stage housed the DS9 sets.  When VOY came to an end, and the sets were torn down, as were the DS9 sets, they discovered the foundations were rotten as they had been the original ones from 1979! :waaaa:

With this said, if it's a drama, or a "present day" series, I think they would normally recycle the sets, but with a show like Star Trek, it's far more likely that they tear down the sets.  The only one I see them keeping is the bridge, becuase it's the center set of the series.

Paramount didn't really buy Star Trek, they merged with Desilu Studios in 1967. Desilu Studios was owned by Desi Arnez ans Lucille Ball and were the original studio of Star Trek.

NBC was the network that aired Star Trek but would have had nothing to do with the sets after the show was canceled.

It's true most of the sets were likely destroyed simply because studios have no room to store such large sets for shows that no longer are being produced but we know it is a fact that some parts were saved. The transporter floor is a prime example.

You are too late for these items

On April 26th, 2003, Profiles in History will auction memorabilia from classic science fiction movies and shows, including the helm console from Star Trek's original Enterprise, formerly on display at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC.

The helm, usually under the hands of George Takei (Lieutenant Sulu) and Walter Koenig (Ensign Chekov), appeared in every episode of the original series. Mostly silver and black with colorful buttons and navigational designs, the helm was used on occasion by William Shatner (Captain Kirk) and Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) when their characters took over the piloting station.

In addition to this one-of-a-kind memento, the auction will include over 100 pieces of series-related artwork from the private collection of illustrator Rick Sternbach, who designed many of the props for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Bidders will be able to acquire uniforms and weapons from the Star Trek feature films, as well as such unique items as Spock's tunic from the third season of the original series and the 4-foot special effects filming miniature model of TNG's Enterprise-D.

For fans of other science fiction franchises, the original Robot from Lost In Space - autographed by nearly all the original cast members of that series - will be auctioned along with a model of the Jupiter 2 spaceship. Props from Aliens, Batman, the 1933 King Kong, Michael J. Fox's hoveboard from Back to the Future II and the flying saucer from The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The live auction of these authenticated items, which will take place at the Westin Hotel in Los Angeles, will also be covered via Ebay Live Auctions so that bidders outside southern California will be able to participate.