Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Work or School

Do you work ?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you work ?

• Yes I do work (Please tell us about it)
    • No, I'm a student (Which school?)
    • I'm between jobs
    • I got laid off
    • No I don't, my husband works.
    • No I don't, my wife works.
    • No I don't, my roommate works.
    • No I don't, I'm retired
    • No I don't, I'm independently wealthy
    • No, I'm disabled
    • Other Option ( Did I miss a group?)

lol im at school right now its lujnch and i forgot to bring one ... and eat breakfeast so im sitting here in the computer lab typing and surfing the web in the library lol this site is addictive..

I work about 25 hours a week at Best Buy and I am taking 16 credits worth of classes at college. I am trying to get my old job at the Radiology Office back, then I can start enjoying weekends :huh:

I work about 25 hours a week at Best Buy and I am taking 16 credits worth of classes at college. I am trying to get my old job at the Radiology Office back, then I can start enjoying weekends

I've been there, I took 18 credits of classes and worked fulltime. That doesn't include homework. Hope your endurance holds out I know what a drain it can be. Good Luck.

I work about 25 hours a week at Best Buy and I am taking 16 credits worth of classes at college. I am trying to get my old job at the Radiology Office back, then I can start enjoying weekends

I've been there, I took 18 credits of classes and worked fulltime. That doesn't include homework. Hope your endurance holds out I know what a drain it can be. Good Luck.

Dang, 18 credits and full-time? I know few people who can do that much, crazy. I respect you for making it though, I'm sure the hard work has paid off as I hope it will with me :hug:

Guest Ktrek

I work for a university in what would be condidered the environmental safety office. I'm in charge of safety over food, indoor air and asbestos. Our department tries to ensure a safe and healthy campus environment for the students, faculty, staff and visitors. For the most part my job is low stress but we have our days. Any place you have a small city of 35,000 people you will have problems arise and we have to respond and put out the fires. :picard-sith:

Ktrek

Thought I would bump up this old thread of mine so our new members can contribute as well.. :)

I do both, and the other RC mentioned.

I am going into my second year at Mansfield Univeristy taking on 15 credits. Studying to be a High School history teacher.

At the University I do a work study doing maintenance. It's ten hours a week during school but I get almost forty hours a week during summer.

During the weekends I work at a local McDonald's because I figured it was the most likely to offer a job that could accomodate my schedule. It's alright but bugs me once and awhile. After I graduate and get a teaching job I'll quit and never look back.

I've also been working with someone fixing up a house, mostly painting and stuff. That should end when school starts.

And I engage in a ministry like RC part-part time, usually Saturday mornings. It's totally a volunteer thing so I don't know if that counts, but I wrote it anyway! :)

At the current moment im between jobs, My training programme finsihed a few weeks ago and my placement decided not to keep me on, Didnt want to work there at the end of it anyway. Now im just looking for a job anywhere. I was thinking about joining the army but im still looking into that.

I work for a heating and cooling company. I run their service department. I answer all calls for service jobs. Set up the appointments. Dispatch the technicians. Lots of paperwork. etc..etc...etc...Since it has been so unusally cool this summer we have been very slow hence my ability to be here most of the day. I also run my own photography business out of my home. I photograph weddings,family portraits, seniors, sports, commercial etc...I have dispatched for about ten years for 4 different companys and have been a professional photographer for 17 years. I photographed my 1st wedding when I was 15. My dad was a photographer for 40 years. Plus I am a full time father to 3 wonderful children and husband for 12 years to a wonderful wife.

I work for an international company. I've been transferred all over it in the 12 years I worked for them. It's not much money but with each job I do I learn many new skills. Due to my education it's unlikely that I'll ever be promoted. :bow::laugh: I have Daniel and he makes a good living and someday he may permit me to go back to school.

My present job is Clerical at a Company called SENNHEISER

Ialso do mainly paperwork from what all the sales reps sell over the phone and do the mailing to the customers so that they pay the bill for the items that they ordered from there and i've been doing it now for about 9-10 years

1995-present time good people most of them abit wacky but a sort of close knit group for a small Office.

:laugh::bow::bow: :(

I work 2 jobs. I work as a disc jockey for a Classic Rock station, and I'm also the Master Carpenter/Crew Chief for the Waterside Theatre on Roanoke Island, N.C. My day starts at 4:30 am, I work until 3:00 pm, get a couple of hours for a nap then go to the theatre at 6:30 and work until 10:30 pm.

Yes, I work. For about 23 years I was a psychotherapist working with children and their families. I later decided to take that to what I considered the next level. So for the last 16 years I have been working at a major school of medicine where I am a continuing education director, teaching continuing education workshops, and finding faculty to teach continuing education workshops for mental health professionals. :laugh:

Worked in the backrooms at Target for one year, then quit and worked at Nobel/Sysco as a warehouse clerk for a year, then got fired and went back to a different Target (Greatland-bigger than regular targets, but smaller than super T's) for seven months in backrooms then transferred to a Super Target...I like where I am now...It's easy, yet physical work but the people around me make it fun...Especially my bosses.

I work forty hours a week with the hopes that at least once a month they give us overtime...It's overnights which I don't mind since I prefer a sunless sky to the glittering and stinging in my eyes...

i'm inbetween these really, i do work as a health care assistant at our local hospital, but i'm also starting my nurse training at university, so i do both.

lol i noted you didn't have mature student as an option :lol:

I left school last May. I am a full- time student studying at college (as most of you well know by know :) ). I do not work but I have written a CV and I am going to re- apply to places until I get a job. :)

i go to skool westdale secondary school.. i love it its great go warriors!!

171226[/snapback]

WHAT?! we go to the same school! that's so cool...but disturbing! :)

I am a financial planner and in the midst of breaking away from principal company to set up my own practise.

I own my own company. Its called JP DISTRIBUTING,INC. We distribute newspapers, magazines and all sorts of other stuff to stores, hotels and individual homes.

I'm also a part-time martial arts instructor.

I have two jobs, one is working on a cable channel for my high school I just graduated from, and I am about to go to college. I went from student, to graduate, to worker in my high school in less then a day... that's sad.