Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Aliens?

What creature would we like to see in Enterprise?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What creature would we like to see in Enterprise?

• The Gorns
    • Cloud creatures
    • Mind control creatures
    • The M113 creature
    • Shape shifting creatures
    • Light beings
    • Robots
    • The Daleks (opps, wrong Sci-Fi show!!)
    • Rock creatures
    • Time travel portals

Pick one and try to suggest how it might be used in a plot, if you feel in the mood. :D

I would choose Robots simply because they have the ability to act inhuman, hence more scary!!! :tear:

A part man, part cat being might also be cool. :P

Although all of the choices are, as usual good one's, and anyone of them could find a place as a pre-story to be told on ENT, I too chose robots.

On ENT I would like to see some prehistory on the Androids which, were the focus topic in TOS episode, What are Little Girls Made of .

My second choice for a robot story would be a prequel to Requiem for Methuselah but that subject has been covered quite extensively in a novel.

I voted for shape shifters, because it would be a great premise for story. Remember that the Founders stated in DS9 that they used to be explorers that roamed the galaxy. It would be a great idea to show how that race came to be, and the way that they were in that time frame. Maybe having the Enterprise crew taking up for one of the shapeshifters that was being persecuted by another race.

I clicked on daleks cos i couldn't decide... but i guess robots in general would be cool, as it has already been said, they can be very scary at times!

But it would be fun if the daleks popped up in ENT! But i would have to hide behind the sofa, which is where i usually could be found when watching dalek eps of Dr. Who when i was younger!

I clicked on daleks cos i couldn't decide... but i guess robots in general would be cool, as it has already been said, they can be very scary at times!

But it would be fun if the daleks popped up in ENT!  But i would have to hide behind the sofa, which is where i usually could be found when watching dalek eps of Dr. Who when i was younger!

We the cybermen have already been used in Star Trek, so why not the Daleks. Would be good to see them going around the corridors of Enterprise.

i picked mind control creatures. it would be pretty cool to see what other creatures would have us do if we were under their control. nothing more scary than someone you know doing what you know they wouldnt do. thus shock of the century. and what are the gorns

They all seem reasonable for the most part, but robots seem to stick out in my mind because of potential plots. For example think of a society that made these very advanced robots and then later because they got so advanced they took over the society and wiped out the humanoids . . .

Or something in lines or parallel to that because I think that might be a neat thing to address.

Lots of times you hear something about that and “AI” (artificial intelligents) and the possibility that they might take over the planet . . . so if the writers could just adjust that idea I think they could bring in a really interesting episode

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

They all seem reasonable for the most part, but robots seem to stick out in my mind because of potential plots. For example think of a society that made these very advanced robots and then later because they got so advanced they took over the society and wiped out the humanoids . . .

Or something in lines or parallel to that because I think that might be a neat thing to address.

Lots of times you hear something about that and “AI” (artificial intelligents) and the possibility that they might take over the planet . . .  so if the writers could just adjust that idea I think they could bring in a really interesting episode

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

As a side note to Master Q. You should check out "The Outer Limits" they did an episode where humans had become extinct because they had built robots that were too advanced and then the robots were the only ones that survived the last big war. Then a couple robots used genetic material to bring back a human, and the other robots were not happy. It was a great episode, with a strange plot twist at the end you should really see it.

I voted for Rock Creatures :) because they would make me think of TOS more. I want to see a good paper mascha planet with Rock Creatures!

Robots would be cool as well.

anything that makes you think of TOS is ALWAYS a good thing. after all TOS is a great series, and it did start it all. all the YOUNGER ones on this board should at least think about watching TOS before they say TNG is where its at. but alas i guess if we were younger TNG would be where its at for us too. lol. oh well.

TOS LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. :laugh: :) :)

Not all of us "younger" fans have discounted TOS. I grew up with TNG, but I made it a point to see every episode of TOS so that I could understand what started it all. I love all of the series'.

Not all of us "younger" fans have discounted TOS.  I grew up with TNG, but I made it a point to see every episode of TOS so that I could understand what started it all.  I love all of the series'.

thats great. a lot of the younger ones seem to say TNG. sorry to stereotype you like that. im glad that you had an open mind, and checked it out. :) it may be corny, and campy, but for the late 60's it was a great show, and kept on going. for without that campy cornyness there would'nt be anything today.

thats great. a lot of the younger ones seem to say TNG. sorry to stereotype you like that. im glad that you had an open mind, and checked it out.  :bow:  it may be corny, and campy, but for the late 60's it was a great show, and kept on going. for without that campy cornyness there would'nt be anything today.

I just believe that it is necessary to see TOS to understand alot of the Star Trek Universe. Yes, it was a little corny, but it did deal with a lot of issues and it laid the ground work for everything that followed. Without TOS the Star Trek universe would not exist at all, and I have a big love for the series for that reason. And as far as stereotyping, I understand, because you are right most of the younger fans do side more with TNG, but I think that everyone should give TOS a chance.