Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Death...

I thought Shinzon's death was really dramatic. Data's death incredibly heroic but I can't call it best because I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO DIE!!!! :tear:

I also liked Gary's death in the episode 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' (big rock falls on him while in grave. Now that is forward planning!!). The thing that I like about that episode is the topic of ESP and the way that it is explored and has not been touched on in the same way since. Perhaps that could be the plot of a new TNG film?

How about Spock's first death...the one where he "got better" (came to life again)

the fact that he and Kirk could not touch was so...touching.

How about the poor Vulcan science officer from the first Star Trek movie? Even though we really didn't get to see what he materialized into from the transporter malfunction, we did get to see the beginning of him being turned kind of inside out. Leaving the picture to the imagination sometimes is best. I always imagined him appearing on the transporter pad as a kind of lump of smoldering flesh that had but a few moment of consciousness before dying. What an ugly way to go.

How about the poor Vulcan science officer from the first Star Trek movie?  Even though we really didn't get to see what he materialized into from the transporter malfunction, we did get to see the beginning of him being turned kind of inside out.  Leaving the picture to the imagination sometimes is best.  I always imagined him appearing on the transporter pad as a kind of lump of smoldering flesh that had but a few moment of consciousness before dying.  What an ugly way to go.

I like that one too, hence the name I chose when joining the forum. A bit silly of me to forget to mention it.

Considering that transporters are new on Enterprise I’m surprised we have not seen more of that sort of thing on the show, of course they could not show too much gore on a family show but it could be done by losing people half way through and them ending up in space or by some screeching on the end of a comm. line after a person has been transported to the surface of a planet. What do you think?

alot of the movie deaths were the most awesome i think! both spock and kahns death were great, as well as general ch`ang, and of course shinzon and data!! whew....so much death and so much life....

of the show deaths, one that really stands out to me was the voyager episode where a q (i think quince?) wanted to commit suicide....

i vote for Mr Remick who not only had his head explode but also had a mind-controlling alien rip out 0of his stomach. GREAT  :tear:

yeah, that was pretty awful but it's kind of laughable now due to the special f/x we know they could do now. If they re-did that shot using cg graphics, it wouldn't be entirely disgusting.

How about John Logan's tribute to TOS in Nemesis when the red shirted helmsmen got blown into space!

(See how much Data has taught me - I said blown not sucked :tear: )

Edited by Takara_Soong

Yeah, the was pretty cool, but i must admit. THe people getting killed in the transporter malfunction kind of gave me nightmares. If i remember right, in the novel version of the movie, it was Kirk's girlfriend that was on the other pad and got killed.

My fav was Tasha getting slimed by the fake swamp monster! :tear: joke joke..It's the hump back whales all the way

Yeah, the was pretty cool, but i must admit. THe people getting killed in the transporter malfunction kind of gave me nightmares. If i remember right, in the novel version of the movie, it was Kirk's girlfriend that was on the other pad and got killed.

Forgot about that one. That was a little freaky.

I think the best death ever has to go to Spock. His was the most poignant. They did not spend much time on Data's death so I think that cheapened it a little. Kirk's speech at Spock's funeral is what clinched it for me.

My fav death in ST is when the borg queen gets killed at the end of first contact,some really good special effects :hug:

I vote for the transporter accident from the movie. Pity I can't find any pictures of that one.

I also have to admit Enterprise has some nice deaths...

i vote for Mr Remick who not only had his head explode but also had a mind-controlling alien rip out 0of his stomach. GREAT  :(

9208[/snapback]

That was a good one I must admit. I read that that episode wasn't allowed to be shown in Great Britain awhile back, personally, I thought it was great.

As for another good death, if you count starships, the Enterprise 1701 and the -D as well as the Defiant all had dramatic ends.

i vote for Mr Remick who not only had his head explode but also had a mind-controlling alien rip out 0of his stomach. GREAT  :)

9208[/snapback]

That was a good one I must admit. I read that that episode wasn't allowed to be shown in Great Britain awhile back, personally, I thought it was great.

As for another good death, if you count starships, the Enterprise 1701 and the -D as well as the Defiant all had dramatic ends.

272449[/snapback]

Oooooh yeah. Great poit :( D had a great excit