Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Chosen Realm"?

What rating would you give "Chosen Realm" out of 10?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Chosen Realm" out of 10?

Click for Spoiler:

The episode is not finished....so I will not comment on it other than to say that the religious leader used a very "familiar" analogy. One of the troops and the village and the little boy that discovers them and they must kill him to secure their mission. We discussed this very same analogy for another episode. Just thought that was interesting to see...

Ok, what did you think?

OH! You're back, just in the *TADAA!* nick of time. :waaaa: Haven't see it yet, what did you think of it? No spoilers (unless you want to in spoiler boxes) but mainly just in general...

I think I'm really really P'd off!!! Stupid local station is playing BASKETBALL! :assimilated::waaaa::assimilated: Who cares about freakin' basketball!

And I can't even yell at them cause they don't have a website!

I hope y'all are enjoying the show. (sniff) I guess I'll have to wait till Sunday.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'll stop whining now.

I thought it was a good episode. Don't they have anyway to block access to the computer on the NX-01? And how can they read Archers personal logs but not know what the transporter does?

These questions aside I was pretty impressed with the newest episode, I didn't see the ending coming at all.

i loved this episode. i thought it was well written, timely and incredibly well performed. the featured actors did a great job. i would like to have seen more from the two that weren't sure of the way the whole plan was going. they were interesting.

my only point of...questioning...would be why they didn't have something for hoshi to do. she just disappeared.

but other than that...the whole thing was great.

:waaaa:

I also thought it was a great episode with an unimaginable ending. And all of this over one disagreement if their world were created in nine or ten days. Unreal!

I do think that ships security aboard the Enterpirse NX-01 should address their current security protocols. Enterprise seems to be a hot ship, and they need to make sure that their ship is not compromised at any cost.

Voice recognition command lockouts... That is a must.

:cool:

Overall I liked it, but it struck me as fairly heavy handed. I give it a 7.5 out of ten, which is a decent score. Compared to that other heavy handed message episode, "Detained," it was worlds above. Coto's definitely a better writer. I am continuing to appreciate the stronger persona of Archer; however, that "your faith betrayed you" sequence seemed over the top. Archer just doesn't preach very well in my humble opinion but I enjoyed him kicking a little @ss. :assimilated: The faith speech detracted, though, from the episode's overall quality for me, as did T'Pol seemingly so easily subdued on the bridge. If TPTB would just add a line now and then that her Panar syndrome affects her physical strength that nagging nitpick would no longer bug me. Has it ever been stated that Vulcan females aren't of superior physical strength? :assimilated:

Those are nitpicks, though. The episodes seem slicker now; they flow better. I enjoyed the fanaticism angle and how it relates to current events. The final scene was so stark. The emptiness and shock resonated silently yet effectively. A worthy message indeed. Still.....I think I'll prefer Shran's reappearance next week. :waaaa:

7.5 out of 10.

Did they skip showing a teaser for next week here in the States again? I didn't see one. A Canadian poster who saw the episode last night was having a stroke at trekweb because a teaser for a few upcoming episodes was aired mid-episode and apparently she saw

Click for Spoiler:

Trip and T'Pol kissing in a brief shot that wasn't from "The Xindi" or "Similitude." Apparently it happens before they make love and she didn't know about it. She made clear that she was an Archer/T'Pol fan before having a conniption and conveying her moral outrage. BIG moral outrage. She predicted the fall of trekdom, basically. The other posters--even some very nice A/T'Pers-- were trying to get her to calm down. It was kind of funny. I had to bite my tongue (or my typing fingers) and not describe a few scenes from "Queer as Folk" that would really make her cringe if she's that offended by sex. I think we get a glimpse of a bare back before the camera fades to black or something pretty tasteful overall.

No offense to non T/T'P shippers intended by above spoiler. I don't think any of you would have pitched that major a fit.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Was hanging out with friends and forgot it was on. :waaaa: I'll have to wait til this weekend.

Overall I enjoyed this episode. I enjoyed the action scenes better than the religious banter between Archer and the alien leader.(Can't remember his name right now!)..I don't even remember seeing Hoshi! Was she even on the show?..Has T'Pol forgotten how to use the Vulcan Neck Pinch ?? Oh and the ending blew me away..That's some message..

I enjoyed this episode..I give it an 8.5..

Click for Spoiler:

I will be entering the crewman who died in the explosion as Crewman Fitzgerald as she was played as Kim Fitzgerald (I assume). Since we'll never see her again I see no reason to leave her unnamed. For the record, she is the second fatality aboard Enterprise, Crewman Fuller being the first. Daniels doesn't count as he isn't dead. I chose to list him as a non-active crewman. Anyway, may Fitzgerald and Fuller rest in peace.

I did enjoy this episode. I heard some people thinking it was too much like "Let that be your last battlefield", which is true. I thought it may have been too obvious a commentary but it was still an entertaining episode with some interesting ideas. I mean, millions dead over one day!

Hats off to Bakula for a great performace and Coto for a great script (I agree that he is a very good writer thus far). I also thought the villian was a very provacative character. I give the episode an 8.5.

P.S. Does anyone care what I do with the manifest or am I just wasting space?

Does anyone care what I do with the manifest or am I just wasting space?

What do you mean? What manifest?

I gave it a 5 it was good but it just did not sit right with me

Click for Spoiler:

I think its because it was way to simalir to "let that be your last battlefield" even to the point that their problem was somthing so small but I do hope the they have backups for all those filles just seeing "files deleted" was just a big shock

Stardate:21441.8

Very good episode I thought.Another good example of Star Trek realating to today's issues with the terrorist religious extremeists.I agree that they should much tighter security around there computers.I he was able to access files and personal records without much difficulty.Also I hope they have a backup of all that info.Thats gonna suck if all they info they collected is now gone!Loved the ending.Like was said above I didnt see it coming."You wanna see truth,well I'll show you truth" Very cool.The look on his face said it all.

Overall very good episode. 7/10

I hated this episode - gave it a 2. Major shades of "let that be your last battlefield" but not as well done or at least not to me.

Click for Spoiler:

That ending was too predictable. And the thing about the difference in one day just seemed way too contrived to be believable. Maybe Frank Gorshin was just a better actor than these guest actors.

I see the point others have made about T'Pol being way too weak when it's convenient.

Scott Bakula was terrific but that was really the only good thing about this episode.

I didn't like the way they incorporated the story from Desert Storm? regarding the little boy into the plot. That was a very real and very serious incident from our recent history (American soldiers died because they let the boy go - I'm quoting VBG here). It came across as hollow grandstanding in this story.

As I read posts in different topics I realize we're all more sensitive to some issues than others but my major dislike of this episode is I felt it was displaying the same type of narrow minded ignorance and bigotry that it was preaching against (in way too obvious a manner btw). There are a few religious zealots in the world that believe in enforcing their beliefs by the sword but most religious people are not like that. I feel this episode took every opportunity to insinuate that everyone that believed in God was ignorant. To me that's just a writer shelling out stereotype rather than actually experiencing the true human condition. Other ST series when dealing with religion - not that they did it very often - tried to maintain some degree of respect. I think they're trying very hard to make sure I quit watching this season - I thought I was going to leave after harbinger but this episode was a major turnoff.

I gave it a 9 out of 10. Chosen Realm was great. There was only one problem why is it that a strong Vulcan like T'Pol always gets pushed around. Yes, she is a female but they are still 3x's as strong as human-beings. I especially found it hilarious that one of the religious fanatics just effortlessly moved T'Pol aside like she was a small child.

The Religious Fanatics as I will refer to them were over the top. They would kill another just because they didn't share their beliefs. Sounds familiar does it not.

Overall, I really enjoyed the this week's episode "Chosen Realm". :assimilated::waaaa:

I really liked this episode. There were good action scenes on the ship and in space. Enterprise RULES! :assimilated::waaaa::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated:

Spacetigger, I was referring to my NX-01 Crew manifest. I keep track of crewman named aboard Enterprise. I was just explaining what I was going to do after Chosen Realm, just in case ANYONE cared.

Spacetigger, I was referring to my NX-01 Crew manifest.  I keep track of crewman named aboard Enterprise. I was just explaining what I was going to do after Chosen Realm, just in case ANYONE cared.

That's cool..I like that idea. I think you should keep it updated. Is it on this board or is it somewhere where we can see it?

I gave CHOSEN REALM A 5.5.

The story plot was not bad but took,

to long to get started..............

The plot was dumb, but the aliens looked decent. The acting wasn't that great(but when is it with Scott Backula?) However, I loved the trick with the transporter.

I would give it a 10 as the story was excellent, but becuase of the way they subtly put down religion, I gave it a 5.

Also, we got a new shot of the NX-01 tonight. What are those shuttlebay-like doors at the back of the NX-01? Cargo bays maybe?

i gave it an 8.5! :assimilated: it was good but the poor crewman who watched the guy blow up was (im sorry) a little stupid. Maby its just me but if some one injects them self with something i dont just watch. :assimilated: i would do one of these :waaaa: but the rest of it was good. I loved the ending where there is nothing left :assimilated:

Great episode!!! I gave it a 9.5. A very well written story and perfectly acted by all. Archer was great in this one.This is certainly one of the best episodes this season. Kudos to the Roxann Dawson for great directing.

Although I haven't yet seen the episode, I think that the show was more intended to show the futility of extremism, or fundamentalism, than to put down religeon per se. I am a dyed-in-the-wool atheist, but I respect the huge amounts of good that all faiths can achieve, and the social cohesion that community of faith can provide. But you only need to see a mob in Ireland shouting and threatening small children going to school because they are from a different sect of Christianity, or to see the constant too and fro of pointless death in Jerusalem, to see that for extremists there is no sledgehammer too big.

And by no means is religeon the only 'faith' that causes fundamentalism, Pol Pot and his regime in Cambodia, Stalin in the USSR, Hitler in Germany. All caused the deaths of millions in a whipped up, propoganda filled hatefest. And, on a much lesser level, those who've been exposed to Trek 'fans' who hate Enterprise will give testamony to the almost frightening attacks made on the show and those who enjoy it. Enterprise doesn't exist for the anti'Ent brigade, it is 'not canon'. They want to wipe it out of existence because it doesn't conform to their Trek mantra.

So, the message of the episode, as far as I can see, is that if you wish to believe in an eye for an eye, do so. But bear in mind that if you allow it to scale up to a hemisphere for a hemisphere, you've got no planet left.

Just my tuppence!

I gave it a 9.5. I thought it was the best Enterprise yet, but I thought the difference between "the Truth" and "the Heresy" really could have been (should have been) MUCH greater than just "9 days vs. 10 days." It would have made the war more believeable.

Aside from that, it was well written and well performed, and the ending was both unexpected and powerful.

Sign in to follow this