Sign in to follow this  
BSA Dave

Who are the Tzenkethi

who are they. i have heard severalreferences to them but never seen them. how could the federaation have a war with them and not have us know

There are only 3 episodes that reference the Tzenkethi race:

THE ADVERSARY (Season 3): We learn that there was a war between the Federation and the Tzenkethi. A changeling posed as Admiral Krajensky and tried to get the crew of the Defiant to start another war with the race.

PARADISE LOST (Season 4): We learn that Benjamin Sisko was the executive officer to Captain Leyton on board the USS Okinawa during the Tzenkethi War.

BY INFERNO'S LIGHT (Season 5): Elim Garak was once on Tzenketh on a mission for the Obsidian Order.

But here are some dates for you to work with:

2354 - Benjamin Sisko graduated from Starfleet Academy

2366 - The Battle of Wolf 359 (where Sisko was a Lt. Commander on board the USS Saratoga)

2369 - Sisko was transferred to DS9

So, we know that the Tzenkethi War was between 2354 and 2366. Yeah, that is a 12 year gap but thats the nearest I can narrow it down for you

courtesy of http://experts.about.com

I always wondered if they were related to the animated series' Kzinti.

I like the Kzinti.Nice fluffy kitties.... :)

Dunno. But would love to see someone come up with a look for them. There's an invitation to all you wonderfully creative felow Trekkers out there. I need to weave them into one of my stories somewhere.Sisko seems to know of them, anyway.