Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Most emotional destruction of a ship?

I think Kirk Destroying the Enterprise in Search for Spock was the most emotional. In fact everything about that movie was emotional! I have a hard time watching it without wanting to cry.... :dude:

I have to agree with the Enterprise A being blown up above Genesis from ST:III being the most emotional destruction, followed by the Enterprise D crashing into Veridian III. For some reason though, the destruction of Chang's Bird of Prey in ST:VI also struck a chord. (maybe it was the Shakespeare quote just before he got blown up)

ya i didnt like it when the D blew up..i was teary eyed

i was like.."damnit geordi!! just reverse the polarity of the warp field and it will be alright"

ya i didnt like it when the D blew up..i was teary eyed

i was like.."damnit geordi!! just reverse the polarity of the warp field and it will be alright"

LOL! Reversing the polarity could cure the common cold. :waaaa:

Well it wasn't really a "destruction" per se but I would have to say it was when the E ramed into the Scimitar. When the ships backed away from each other and we saw all that debris floating off into space my thought was "My God! How are they ever going to fix that?"

Well it wasn't really a "destruction" per se but I would have to say it was when the E ramed into the Scimitar.  When the ships backed away from each other and we saw all that debris floating off into space my thought was "My God!  How are they ever going to fix that?"

Simple. Reverse the polarity of the warp field. :waaaa:

NCC 1701 for me. I still choke up when I see that fireball streaking to it's doom.

Well it wasn't really a "destruction" per se but I would have to say it was when the E ramed into the Scimitar.  When the ships backed away from each other and we saw all that debris floating off into space my thought was "My God!  How are they ever going to fix that?"

Well, since at the time, it looked as though the ship wasn't going to survive, that counts as a dramatic almost destroyed. :waaaa:

For Me...The U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205. I Loved That Ship. It Was Awsome.  It's My Favorite Star Trek Ship, Period.

When The Breen Weapon Hit It, I Though "Oh They'll Be Ok."  Then As The Ship Got Worse...I Still Thought They'd Be Ok....Then Sisko Ordered Everyone To Abandon Ship...That Got Me Worried...And Even As I Watched The Ship Blowing Up, I Couldn't Believe Was I Was Seeing  :)

When Commercial Came Up...Man...I Can't Even Remember What I Was Doing... :)

U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205

2371-2375

May She Rest In Peace

The loss of the Defiant to the Breen sent me over the edge. I am not very emotional, but it broke my heart.

Even though the USS Sao Paulo became the Defiant, it will never be the same.

:)

Geordi was always discovering a coolant leak! And rolling under the big door whenever it came down, like Indiana Jones!!! I thought the destruction of Sisko's ship (The Saratoga?) in the first episode of DS9 was very emotional. Good drama and so sad.