Sign in to follow this  
removed

I, Borg

'I, Borg' is one of my favorite episodes ever. It was so in tune with Roddenberry's ideals. I thought that it was an extremely well done episode and that Hugh the Borg was really important to establish that the Borg are not just monsters to be destroyed, they used to be living beings as well and they cannot just be dealt with in an inhumane fashion. Kudos to the writers.

Thats True, but i would have to say that most of TNG would have lived up to Roddenberrys 'Vision" also from what i've heard of enterprise..

Voyager has very good idealistics on outside species.. espically the borg

-Lauren :D

well Roddenberry really tried to relay the mesaages of the faults of our society today in Star Trek. That has sort of died off with the spin-offs. It is still existent but not so much as Gene had intended it to be.

RoddenBerrys 'Vision' was the future.. how HE thinks it will all turn out.. how earth with be.. and us traveling threw the stars..

one day their will be a star ship named after him...

-Lauren :D

one day their will be a star ship named after him...

oh defenitely. that would be an even greater honour than the space funeral

Thats pretty spooky..here's the geek in me..remember that voyager ep where the old crewmate comes back after being re-animated by that race of beings? Maybe Gene's alive and kicking. :D

Thats pretty spooky..here's the geek in me..remember that voyager ep where the old crewmate comes back after being re-animated by that race of beings? Maybe Gene's alive and kicking. :D

Lindsay.. Ensign Kims Best friend..

awww that would be awsome if that happened to gene.. but wasn't Gene Cremated??

hey its tho tought that counts

-Laur :)

well Roddenberry really tried to relay the mesaages of the faults of our society today in Star Trek. That has sort of died off with the spin-offs. It is still existent but not so much as Gene had intended it to be.

Very true. They need to get some of the old writers back that worked on TNG,can't remember their names off the top of my head but i know a lot of them are no longer involved with ST. I Borg was a brilliant episode,and the Data episode "Measure of a Man" was absolutely outstanding. ST at it's best most definately. They just don't write 'em like that anymore,more's the pity.

Very true. They need to get some of the old writers back that worked on TNG,can't remember their names off the top of my head but i know a lot of them are no longer involved with ST. I Borg was a brilliant episode,and the Data episode "Measure of a Man" was absolutely outstanding. ST at it's best most definately. They just don't write 'em like that anymore,more's the pity.

i agree completely. they need more stories which go deep into the topics, not just skim on the edge like so many of the new ones do.

Hi, I enjoyed the episode also. It is interesting that they change their minds about programing a virus in Hugh. But they find out later that the individual was not totally erased.

Hi, I enjoyed the episode also. It is interesting that they change their minds about programing a virus in Hugh. But they find out later that the individual was not totally erased.

I liked that episode too but didn't like the resentment that they gave Hugh later in Descent.

yea I find that many of the Enterprise Ep's make you think your getting a good story then just ends without much of a splash..whereas TNG.TOS & DS9 often had a very good ending.

I, Borg was a very good episode and I really was thrilled to see that the crew decided not to use Hugh like a biological weapon. Although, his individuality paved the way for Lore to step in! Luckily, Hugh and his small group of followers decided to step in in time (Descent). I was a little shocked to find Hugh bitter and resentful in that episode, but then again, like I said before. . . the individuality began the breakdown, and several of his friends(I call them that) were injured in Lore's takeover. I would be a little bitter if something I did injured one of my friends, and I would be bitter(albeit, for a short time) towards the people who suggested I take that particular course of action.

i agree completely. they need more stories which go deep into the topics, not just skim on the edge like so many of the new ones do.

A few years ago I would have agreed that the spin off shows had lost the since of ethics of TOS but the deeper I look the more I see that it is still very much there. I sat in (I didn't have the money to enroll myself) on an 'Ethics of Star Trek' class that was being offered at Oklahoma University (which is in my home town of Norman, OK). In the class we watched episodes from all of the different series and the discussed the morals and ethics of the stories. I think that it's easy, especially in the newer shows where it's not so in your face, to get carried away in the action and adventure and not notice the true meanings behind the stories. TOS, the movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and even Enterprise are still rich with great ideas that I think Gene would be proud of to this day. I think that Nemesis delt with some very deep ethical issues, possibly some of the deepest ever to be delt with in a Trek film.