Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Why is T'pol so frigid?

After seeing previous vulcans from trek lore like Spock and Tuvok.I wonder why T'pol is so frigid.Her character lacks what the previous two vulcans had.I know the lack of emotions that vulcans have but is this what they are also like or is this just bad acting? :)

It's how all Vulcans are.  Spock was emotional, at times, becuase he was half-human.  Tuvok was more relaxed becuase he was very old.  T'Pol, however, is young, and to be quite honest, I think she's more emotional than Tuvok ever was.

Maybe she has this "OK, I'm relatively young for a Vulcan and I need to prove myself" syndrome and she is overcompensating.

T'pol is emotional because she likes Trip, cant you see?

THATS why she stayed on ENT,

THATS why she gives him backmassges(eroticaly, if i mite add)

THATS why she....ummm....*blinks*

anyway, hope u get this cleared up!

MISTER T ROCKS!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

T'Pol doesn't have an interrest in Trip till Season 3.

She stayed on the Enterprise out of loyalty to Archer.

She gives Trip massages to help with his nightmares.

I wouldn't say she was "frigid". In the beginning, she seemed to think that humans were beneath her. Now, she seems to be lightening up a little, while trying to control her illogical attraction to Trip. Since she had no problem kissing Sim, her control may not last much longer!

She gives Trip massages to help with his nightmares.

hey, thats not fair,u totally dissected my reasons :)

MISTER T ROCKS FOOL

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:devil: :devil:

Your arguement is illogical, your reasons were flawed and therefore open to dissection :)

P.S. Might I reccommend you stop feeding chili to your smillies LordOfTheBorg, turning red and farting fire isn't a good sign

Edited by Cramase

You gotta remember, unless you've watched TOS episode Amok Time, you've never seen a Vulcan female THIS young on Trek.

There's no past canon proof that female Vulcans T'Pols age don't act the way T'Pol does and besides, we know so little of her past.

Even if she is different from other V females her age, there could be good reason why she is how she is that we are still unaware of. Let it go, watch and see what happens...

I didn't think her as frigid, but Vulcans at this time as they are trying to show are highly arrogant and that is most likely the cause. There is also the fact she is losing some slight control over her emotions most likely being the first Vulcan to stay with just a primarily human crew for such an extended period of time and had unforseen circumstances, this could be a reason for her being frigid attempting to block her failing ability to comtinue to supress her emotions. :)

T'Pol isn't frigid - quite the reverse this season. She has been showing way over the top emotional responses for her species. I know she's being set up. I know the writers have put her through the mill in terms of bringing emotions to the surface so there is an excuse for a shag later on. It is a great pity that the powers that be are so determined to get some sex on the screen that they conveniently forget the years of culture that have written into this race and the fact that the audience gets just as much enjoyment out of the rich relationships that can develop within the bounds of the culture. We have to remember the psychology of Vulcan mating is very different to ours - she isn't driven by desire. She will mate eventually for life (or at least until the death of her mate if he does happen to be human) and as she says she expects to eventually develop affection for him. They do not indulge in casual sex. The kind of love a Vulcan experiences is something far more solid and unchanging than what we choose to call love. The dynamics she had with both Archer and Trip have been so good and I am sorry that they are going to be ruined.

Having said that it could all go horribly wrong and then we would get some great character development out of the ongoing process of coming to terms with a huge mistake. I mean will it initiate ponn farr? Trip is knackered if it does - as far as she is concerned that means he's stuck with her doesn't it? .

Anyway I am not optimistic but I will reserve judgement until I have seen the fateful episode.

Edited by chunderfish

It just boggles the mind how many people responded

Okay:

QUOTE T'pol is emotional because she likes Trip, cant you see?

Thats not the point.She has always stuck up her nose at the human casuse.Yes she has loosened up.But she still acts like she has a chip on her shoulder

Yes she did stay because of Archer

She gives Trip massages to help with his nightmares. <<

Yes that too..Is it just me or is there always sexual tension on Enterprise.i never saw that on TNG

Is it just me or is there always sexual tension on Enterprise.i never saw that on TNG

I rarely see it on ENT, with the exception of episodes like "A Night in Sickbay" and "Bounty" or scenes such as shirtless Hoshi in "Shockwave, Part II" or shirtless T'Pol in "The Expanse".

Its not overt..but its in the looks and the tones of thier voices..

(so says my Aunt..I see it alittle bit)

She's Christian..Its a look there are the heathens thing...

I don't care what she says..i still like the show

I don't think of T'Pol as being frigid. She's the first vulcan ever to be on a ship with almost an all human crew. Perhaps the scent of human males turns her stomach an the idea of romance with one of them isn't what she wants. Also, as she is quite young, of another culture, and alien. Perhaps she has a pre-arranged mate back on Vulcan, or isn't physically sexually mature. Perhaps our T'Pol is a virgin.

Why is a woman labeled 'frigid' if she is businesslike? T'Pol is all business, that's all. There is a time and place for everything. Would you label Archer 'frigid'? I'm getting tired of that term being flung around in here :hug:

T'Pol was "fridged" or more accurately business-like. In season one she always seemed to be an annoyance. In season two she had not learned quite how to fit in but she was no longer annoying. Now she is the absolute opposite. In season 3 we have been given countless evidence that she prefers humans now. In Twilight she stayed with Enterprise and Archer for all the years. Her leaving vulcan command was proof enough. She has evolved into a human loving vulcan... and quite possible the most human vulcan out there with the exception of Spock.

You know, there is a lot said here that I would have t agree with

T'pol has turned out to be quite like Spock in the very early start of TOS. If anyone remember's spock grew more to love being part of the Enterprise crew than when he first started. Though this maybe due to him being Half-Human.

The whole Sexuality in the show thread; I feel comes more from Trips reactions (being human) then from T'pols ability to give back massages. Then again, T'pol may very well not be 100% vulcan. It took spock a while before he started to show / affection for/ admiration of humans.

Also, how many of you have been underway, for long periods of time. Sometimes strange and wonderful things happen on board ship :eekout::waaaa::waaaa:

I just can't wait to see what happens in Season 4 :dude:

Doc Niel out

are you saying she would go good with butter? :waaaa: darn lousy timing :waaaa:

HUH? I didn't get the connection, please explain. :eekout::dude: