Sign in to follow this  
Tina

The Enterprise D Vs The Enterprise E

Guys and Girls,

from stuff i read, E was a combat cruiser, and D was an explorer, from what i remember.. But D was my favorite for more reson then one.. There's a reason i asked about Enderprise E taking part in the Dominion War, was i wasn't to sure if she did, that why i asked... Both ships will hold a spical place in my heart.. Maybe in a 100-years from now is will al be possible.. i hope they bring D back from the dead.. i know that not possible, but that just me..

Nikki

I'm not sure if I had responded to this before but at this moment I'd go with the D. It's what I watched for 7 years of it's original run and now for an additional 16 years in reruns (wow has it really been over for 16 years?? :clap: ).

Anyway, the D would feel more like "home" if I were to visit it. In fact, at the Experience when Mandy and I were there and walking through the corridors and on the Bridge and in the turbo lifts I really felt like I had been there before and it was a very familiar place to be.

The E, while probably more advanced just wouldn't have the same feel.

I love the design of the Ent-E but I don't like the fact that the E has got its butt kicked in every movie it was in.

The D was built for diplomacy and exploration (which is what Rodenberry thought Starfleet would spend most of it's time doing). That's why it was so plush. You wouldn't expect diplomats and heads of state to sleep in a barricks or eat in a mess hall. It wasn't expected to see a lot of battles.

The E, on the other hand, was intended as a battleship, specifically to counter the Borg and Dominion threats. The reason it gets it's butt kicked so often is that's what it was built for. You would expect it to get more damage just as you would see more casualties in an infantry unit than a supply unit.

Also consider that each time the E got it's butt kicked it was repaired fairly quickly. The one time the D got it's butt kicked it was beyond being repaired. It just wasn't a durable design.

Its really hard to compare the two...the proverbial apples and oranges...The Enterprise D is a Galaxy class starship while the Enterprise E is a Sovereign class starship...Designed for two different jobs...did them both flawlessly