Sign in to follow this  
Tina

The Enterprise D Vs The Enterprise E

I like both ships in their own right. I'd say the Enterprise-E is the supperrior tactical/explorror, but the Enterprise-D is the supperrior multi-purpose ship.

Why do people describe the Enterprise-D as a flying hotel? I think they got it perfect with the Ent-D. Families, civilians, children, plants and small lounges in the corridors, massive facilities, 3 shuttlebays, it just had "to boldly go where no one has gone before" written all over it.

The Enterprise-E, however, is for a time when the Federation isn threatened by the Borg & Dominion, thus more tactically orriented. I kind'a missed the feel that the Ent-D had like the curves in the walls, the massive view screen, plants in the corridors and so forth, but then one must remember that the Enterprise-E is a smaller ship built for combat.

In the end, it just depends. If you like a ship of explorration, go with the Ent-D. If ya want a combat ship, go with the Ent-E. :lol:

I believe the Enterprise-E (Sovereign) to be a capable (if not more capable) exploration ship than the Enterprise D (Galaxy). When the Galaxy class was created it was the “Ship Of The Line” Since its first production, many innovations have been made with hull design, on-ship technology and warp dynamics. So new ships can be smaller and still perform their jobs adequately.

My main reason that the Enterprise D would have not done so well in all of the circumstances within the movies following Generations comes down to the size of the ship. The ship was designed to accommodate Starfleet and their families into space. This “In My Opinion” was a bad idea to some extent. A Federation Flagship should not have a lot of families on it. It has been my observation that the Flagships of the Federation are always on the front lines, too many things can happen in space that would endanger the lives of non Starfleet personnel (a.k.a: a starfleet member's family).

:cool:

Judging from a site which I find very capable of itself in information, specs, etc.

the Sovereign Class is about 36.17% more of the Galaxy Class's strength index.

Note, that all Galaxy's Strength are at a 1000 as the focal point used for calculations between ships. :lol:

"U can say its practically an Average ship."

Enterprise-D

Click for Spoiler:

Crew 1,014, 15,000 person evacuation limit.

Armament 12 x Type X phaser arrays, total output 50,000 TeraWatts

2 x Type 3 burst fire photon torpedo tube + 250 torpedoes

Defence Systems Standard shield system, total capacity 2,700,000 TeraJoules

Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 9 cm High density armour.

Standard level Structural Integrity Field

Warp Speeds

(TNG scale)

Normal Cruise : 6

Maximum Cruise : 9.2

Maximum Rated : 9.6 for 12 hours.

Strength Indices (Galaxy class = 1,000)

Beam Firepower : 1,000

Torpedo Firepower : 1,000

Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,000

Shield Strength : 1,000

Hull Armour : 1,000

Speed : 1,000

Combat Maneuverability : 1,000

Overall Strength Index 1,000

Enterprise-E

Click for Spoiler:

Crew 700

Armament

16 x Type XII phaser arrays, total output 100,000 TeraWatts

1 x Rapid fire quantum torpedo tube

4 x Type 4 burst fire photon torpedo tube

4 x Standard photon torpedo tube + 300 torpedoes

Defence Systems

Auto modulated shield system, total capacity 5,737,500 TeraJoules

Heavy Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 10 cm Ablative armour.

High level Structural Integrity Field

Warp Speeds

(TNG scale)

Normal Cruise : 8

Maximum Cruise : 9.9

Maximum Rated : 9.99 for 36 hours.

Strength Indices (Galaxy class = 1,000)

Beam Firepower : 2,000

Torpedo Firepower : 5,600

Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,420

Shield Strength : 2,125

Hull Armour : 1,900

Speed : 4,125

Combat Maneuverability : 4,000

Overall Strength Index 3,084

this is from www.ditl.org

:lol:

I hate the design of E (reminds me or Kirk's ship and I can't stand TOS). I also hate the bridge (reminds me of Kirk's ship and perhaps the bridge of a submarine). So I don't like the look and I don't like the interior (too military-like) but I can't argue with greater *buttocks*-whooping power. I'd take E if I was on the front lines but any other circumstance I'd prefer to be on D. The systems could always be upgraded on D to match the weapons of E anyways. D had so much more a cozy feel to it and this was lost on E.

I like the Enterprise-E it's got better technology I believe I meen cmon it's a Soverign Class man!

I like them both. I love the D because it feels like home since we saw so much of the ship over the course of so many years. The E is superior in technology but we have seen so little of the ship that it's hard to say I like it better than the D.

:tomcat: (I want it don't know why)

Anyway..Thanks for responding..There are great arguements being made for both ships..

Hypothetical question: What if they re-fitted the Enterprise "D" to modern (as in E quality) Capabilities(including weapons,sheilds,warp drive etc.)? Would it be better , similar or worse than the "E"..

In my opinion.I don't think it can be refitted.The "d" served its purpose.It was time to move on into darker times..But Still i prefer the "D" :blink:

So does a Lamborguini and i don't want to ride in it

WAIT scratch that..I WANT ONE!

I love the ENT-E....

It's so beautiful.....

*wipes tear*

Keep on Trekkin'

Hay All,

i just joined. but i grow-up wark this show.. So ya, i''m love D beeter, And was so mad when she was destroyed.. But she got the small rear-end. ii'm talking that Off the audio commentary, for the first movie: Generations..

NIKKI

Enterprise -E was 642 meters long, and Enterprise-E was 685 meters long. How long are they in feet? i'm just asking ok.. And were can i find colored photos of both ships?

Nikki

That's a tough choice, I guess overall, the Enterprise E. To me, it seemed a little sleeker, a little up-to-date, and a little more manageable.

Enterprise -E was 642 meters long, and Enterprise-E was 685 meters long. How long are they in feet? i'm just asking ok.. And were can i find colored photos of both ships?

Nikki

Nikki, 642 meters is just over 2,106 feet and 685 meters is just over 2,247 feet.

To find colour photos of the the ships, just google. I googled "Enterprise D" and there were over 17,000 hits and when googling "Enterprise E" there were almost 22,000 hits in the image results.

I like Both Ships during the 7 year Run of TNG including "Generations" but certainly for more advanced Technology "E"and sleeker Design and finally seeing the Captains Yacht finally being shown and used as well "Insurrection" more firepower better Torpedos etc and half the Crew Size as well.

"D" made before Borg and Dominion Wars

"E" during the Second one.

post-803-1228775474_thumb.png

post-803-1228775569_thumb.png