• Donovan McNabb
    • Micheal Jordan
    • Anyone in the Military
    • Police Officers
    • Firefighters
    • Paramedics
    • Teachers
    • Answeres 6-10

I agree that most persons in categories 6-10 are heroes but it's not inclusive enough. There are a lot of everyday people who have boring jobs that are in their own way heroes because they take the time to serve other people.

I knew a couple that had adopted several children (including a couple of sibling pairs) and were foster parents to some precious little boys. These people will never be rich in material possessions but what a wonderful way they had chosen to live their lives.

Any chance President George W. Bush or Jesus Christ could be added to the poll?  Those are my heroes. :)

Yeah we know but couldn't you play along (as you'd want members to do) and narrow it to one choice on the list?

I voted answers 6-10.

Superman - Not into Super-man.

Batman - I don't like vigilaties.

Brett Favre - Who?

Donovan McNabb - Who?

Micheal Jordan - Not into celebrities.

Teachers - I've only met about 4 or 5 decent teachers...

My vote is - Anyone in the Military, as it takes guts to do what these people do.

I voted 6-10 but my real hero is

Prof Stephan William Hawkin the way he didn't let his ALS which by all rights should have killed him long ago stop him.

and He is the only person who has ever played himself in Trek :)

I chose none, because i have never seen 6-10 do there jobs right, my teachers sucked, the police still haven't found my attacker, and whenever someone needs medical attention in my area i'm the 1st on the scene and by the time the paramedics get there i'm leading the whole thing, giving people with training orders.

I voted firefighters.

3 years ago we had big problems with our gas piping. The gas company refused to come (no noting can happen, they said). So we called the firefighters, they came right away, went in our cellar and solved the problem by risking their life because there was the chance that the piping (and maybe our house) could have exploded. The firefighters confirmed that this was likely. I'll never forget our fear and their help in my life.

I VOTED FOR FIREFIGHTERS.

The reason for this is after 911 i

truely started to appreciate what

those brave men and women where

willing to do for another.

"WE MUST NEVER FORGET THERE BRAVERY"

I think my name says it all.

But my other heroes are:

-Hawkeye Pierce

-Red Green

-Gary Roberts

-Pretty much any main Star Trek character

Man, I watch too much T.V.

Excuse me, Arms, but be glad you haven't seen anyone in category 6 do their jobs, Period. as said in my into post, I am a purple heart winner, that means I was wounded in action. wounded for your right to say what you feel. and I know of many folks in all those categories that do their job right. Oh, and I forgot to mention: I was at the Pentagon on the morning of 9.11.01, you want to see those folks doing their jobs right, look at the news archives.

Excuse me, Arms, but be glad you haven't seen anyone in category 6 do their jobs, Period. as said in my into post, I am a purple heart winner, that means I was wounded in action. wounded for your right to say what you feel. and I know of many folks in all those categories that do their job right. Oh, and I forgot to mention: I was at the Pentagon on the morning of 9.11.01, you want to see those folks doing their jobs right, look at the news archives.

Actually i can't say what i feel, if i talk bad about the Queen i get killed, and i personally thought that war was just as pointless as Vietnam.

And it's ARMS, that's initials, Sarg. I'm going into the Army next year when i'm 17, so i will see ALOT.

Hopefully not, ARMS. I saw more than I bargained for, but I knew the risks going in. and let me tell you a thing or two about the difference between Iraq and Veitnam. in Iraq, we ARE winning, and we WILL win. in Vietnam, we fought so as to not lose. this war HAS a point, and an objective, and that objective is being met. if you have a problem with the way the military handles things, then perhaps you should reconsider joining, because remember, even the rear-echelon folks ocassionally get shot at. there is no "Safe" job in the Military.

I believe that all the wars in history started pointlessly but what can i do about that? nothing, so i may aswel fix up my stupid friends a a medic.

you're going to be a medic? a Noble idea, I must admit, but pray like heck the folks in your unit like you, because most of the enemies both America and England face wouldn't think twice about using that cross on your helmet as a good landing zone for a bullet. and those helmets, for all their great abilities at stopping pistol and SMG rounds, don't work worth a damn against a rifle.

you're going to be a medic? a Noble idea, I must admit, but pray like heck the folks in your unit like you, because most of the enemies both America and England face wouldn't think twice about using that cross on your helmet as a good landing zone for a bullet. and those helmets, for all their great abilities at stopping pistol and SMG rounds, don't work worth a damn against a rifle.

I get on with pretty much anyone, so i can make friends easily.

I know my great grandfather got a bullet dent in his helmet and it knocked him unconcious, and when the Germans found him, they finished him of.

Well, my hero is Doctor Who, the traverser of eternity.

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Just when you think you're getting a handle on him, just when you're getting an insight into the man who is destined to traverse eternity dressed like Buffalo Bill, he comes out with something like that and left turns your whole bloody frame of reference. - Anji's view upon the 8th Doctor while on the purple-skyed planet Lebenswelt (Doctor Who: The Book of the Still written by Paul Ebbs)
Edited by drwho42

My hero is anyone who has earned one of the following: Purple Heart, POW/MIA medal, Congressional Medal of Honor (or the foriegn equievelents)

if you have earned any of the above, you are certainly worthy of much respect and admiration for your courage and toughness.

My hero is anyone who has earned one of the following: Purple Heart, POW/MIA medal, Congressional Medal of Honor (or the foriegn equievelents)

if you have earned any of the above, you are certainly worthy of much respect and admiration for your courage and toughness.

True these people are heroes -

But your post reminded me of something else. These people would have never have gotten to their hero status if someone hadn't been around to feed them every three hours, change the didi's, rock them, nurse their ills...etc. when they were small. What I'm saying is there are a lot of people who every day out of love or duty do mind-numbingly routine tasks for the benefit of someone else. They never get awards, trophies or even recognition(until their eulogy). While it is true some people are called on to make great sacrifices and commit great feats - I think we're a bit short sighted to think they are the only people who do anything worthwhile.

I think as a nation we'd all be better off if we were more appreciative of all the service that is done by the little people in our lives.

To me the ultimate hero is someone who lives by principles (when those principles are based on love) and serves others despite personal inconvenience or the ridicule of society. That includes soldiers who serve faithfully without ever getting a medal.