Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Will and Deanna's Marriage

I wasn't sure if I should put this on TNG or movies, so I'm just putting it here. :tear:

Now I don't mean to bad mouth Riker, I love him to death, but why did Deanna marry him?? I don't get it. I think it would have been wonderful if they had done it in the first few years of the series. That would've been great! But think about it. He already chose his career over her once. Then it takes him 15 years to decide he wants to marry her?? sad-smiley-028.gif Did it ever occur to her that this guy might have just a tiny problem with commitment?

Okay, got that off my chest. :D

Riker has more free time now because he only goes on an a mission once every couple of years.  :tear:  :D

lol.gif

He's getting older and the babes aren't dropping at his feet anymore so he might as well get married. If I had been Deanna and he proposed to me I would have had a great laugh. laughing-smiley-002.gif

Then it takes him 15 years to decide he wants to marry her??

How do know that it didn't take her 15 years to decide to marry him?!

After they reunited in Insurrection it sure didn't take long to get them to the alter. I know that John Logan said they included the wedding as sort of a present to the fans. I'm glad they didn't get married during the series. There were a lot of good episodes that each had that wouldn't have been possible if they had been married.

I think that Riker couldn't get married until he was a little bit older, perhaps more seasond?

I think that Riker couldn't get married until he was a little bit older, perhaps more seasond?

Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying that if I were Deanna I'd have a hard time trusting him in a romantic relationship again. I am glad they finally got together though. I just would have handled it differently.

I am glad that they chose to have them wed in the movie rather then in the series, but thats because TNG never pulled off Romance well enough for me to enjoy, Yes..DS9 and Voyager did it better then TNG.

I believe it all worked out for the best. Had they married sooner (before they BOTH got playing the fields out of their systems) the marriage might have been doomed just as so many of today’s relationships fail for rushing into things because of reasons today’s society imposes.

The marriage was about the only thing i liked about the movie that i liked.

I agree that Riker was not ready in the series, but i think Deanna could have been. You suppose we will ever see a married captain?

The marriage was about the only thing i liked about the movie that i liked.

I agree that Riker was not ready in the series, but i think Deanna could have been. You suppose we will ever see a married captain?

Riker is a married captain now. :tear: Of course we didn't get to see the captain part.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not big time into Nemesis. I hate that they killed off Data. That makes me mad every time I think of it. :D

Dont forget Sulu!! he managed to be a captain and have children (so im assuming he got married sometime along the way) ....i have to admit, i like that riker and troi reunited (though i wouldve made will keep the beard OFF!!) its some nice star trek romance....besides, theyre soul mates i think!

i have to admit, i like that riker and troi reunited (though i wouldve made will keep the beard OFF!!) its some nice star trek romance....besides, theyre soul mates i think!

On no, the beard must stay! Loooove the beard! :tear::D

True on all three, but we did not get to see either Riker or Sulu acting as captains on their ships and with the wifey. Ben was on a station and its a little different there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not big time into Nemesis. I hate that they killed off Data. That makes me mad every time I think of it.

i was depressed for days. Wore my Star Trek pin with a little black band around it. ANd i was so excited about the wedding! I remember actually letting loose a "Yippy!" when i found out theywere FINALLY tying the knot!

I was ecstatic concerning the wedding. I think that Deanna and Riker both needed to deal with other events in their lives before they were able to tie the knot. I think that more people could follow this example. What I guess I am saying is how can you commit to a life with someone else until you are sure where your life is going? Is it really fair to ask someone to go on the journey before you have a good idea of where it is going?

What I guess I am saying is how can you commit to a life with someone else until you are sure where your life is going?  Is it really fair to ask someone to go on the journey before you have a good idea of where it is going?

Is anyone ever totally sure where their life is going? It changes every day. People change every day, young and old. I hope I never know exactly where my life is going. It would take all the fun away. I married young (19) and we've enjoyed learning and growing together. love-smiley-028.gif

BTW, I do get your point, and I agree that Will was probably not ready, I'm just bring out another point of view. :blink:

I would have liked to see Sulu as a father. Him and McCoy (but McCoy first) were my favourite TOS characters.

Good point about Riker and Troi....maybe she could use her betazoid empathic abilities to "sense" he was ready to marry her (I can just imagine the proposal "Deanna, will you marry me?""Will, I sense you want me to marry you!""Oh never mind!")

(I can just imagine the proposal "Deanna, will you marry me?""Will, I sense you want me to marry you!""Oh never mind!")

*Coke spew* laughing-smiley-008.gif

You crack me up!

I wasn't sure if I should put this on TNG or movies, so I'm just putting it here.  ^_^

Now I don't mean to bad mouth Riker, I love him to death, but why did Deanna marry him?? I don't get it. I think it would have been wonderful if they had done it in the first few years of the series. That would've been great! But think about it. He already chose his career over her once. Then it takes him 15 years to decide he wants to marry her?? Did it ever occur to her that this guy might have just a tiny problem with commitment?

Okay, got that off my chest.

:dude:

9005[/snapback]

I think he just needed to get to a point in his career where he was comfortable with himself and was at a place in his life that he realized that there was more to life then just a career.

He's seen how Picards life has been, it is a good productive life but he can see that Picard is missing something. So he learned from Picard that he shouldn't put his career first to the exclusion of having a family.

In other words, Riker matured as he aged and he "saw the light".

ACK! Of all the old threads to bump. Arrgh2.gif Now I have to imagine them together again. *thwacks Kevin* 916.gif

I'd only been a member a few days when I posted this. ^_^

Edited by RikerChick

ACK! Of all the old threads to bump. Arrgh2.gif Now I have to imagine them together again. *thwacks Kevin* 916.gif

I'd only been a member a few days when I posted this.  ^_^

259707[/snapback]

LMAO I thought you'd like this one

I am glad they finally got together though.

9106[/snapback]

Whoa, did I say that? :lol: What was I drinking that night? ^_^

LMAO I thought you'd like this one

*thwacks Kevin again* smileys26.gif:dude:

9106[/snapback]

Whoa, did I say that? ^_^ What was I drinking that night? :lol:

Yep you said it, and just in case everyone didn't see it already I've quoted it here again for them to see... :dude:

9106[/snapback]

Whoa, did I say that? :dude: What was I drinking that night? B)

Yep you said it, and just in case everyone didn't see it already I've quoted it here again for them to see... :(

259758[/snapback]

Hey I was a major newbie, I was trying not to piss anyone off. :P Now that I'm an STF old fogie I go around thwacking people. :lol: ^_^

You know it doesn't show, but my name wasn't RC when I posted this. Anyone remember what my name used to be (not you kevin, I know you know ^_^ )

9106[/snapback]

Whoa, did I say that? :dude: What was I drinking that night? :)

Yep you said it, and just in case everyone didn't see it already I've quoted it here again for them to see... B)

259758[/snapback]

Hey I was a major newbie, I was trying not to piss anyone off. :P Now that I'm an STF old fogie I go around thwacking people. :( :lol:

You know it doesn't show, but my name wasn't RC when I posted this. Anyone remember what my name used to be (not you kevin, I know you know ^_^ )

259762[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Hey I was a major newbie, I was trying not to piss anyone off.  :dude: Now that I'm an STF old fogie I go around thwacking people.  :lol:  :P

259762[/snapback]

*cough*..sure mandy i belive you...NOT ^_^ ...and you told me your old name yesterday what was it again :(

why now did deanna decide to marry him why not at first ..they were to goot not toget together at first.. but i still think there cool.i got pic if you need see them..The pics..of riker and deanna.

post-761-1094289115.jpg

post-761-1094289217.jpg