Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Best season

I'm not sure when it will die out, but i'm hoping soon..

I'm with you ARMS. Although the last few episodes were good, I wan't Enterprise to make way for a new better series.

If ENT gets cancelled, there might not be a next series.

I don't see why not.

If ENT gets cancelled, that would imply that people are no longer interrested in watching STAR TREK. If a Star Trek series can't last on Paramount's own UPN network, why would they greenlight another series?

People cry the shows over! Its not. We need writers like Ronald D. Moore and Ira Steven Behr and others who have watched Star Trek in the 60's the writers who wrote the Original series in all respects most are dead now or out to passture. If you look aty most of the stgories they involve mostly my number one suspect Branndon Braga who I think sort of dumb and doesn't care for Trak nor the fans. All hecares for is money and see breasts. Gene Roddenberry would of never hired him nor want to see what is what we see today. He'd be very un-happy with Berman for lets the show before all sex sex and more sex. It was a family show with a moral value. Berman and Braga have both took it and turned it into a show of nothing but women in tight suits and every other episode and seeing sexual activity. Many also want to see gay, has anyone seen "Rejoined yet from DS9 yet? Dax kisses another woman doesn't that not count as the first gay kiss on Star Trek since Kirk and Uhrua kissed on screen? Who says in TNG the crew members we saw walking the halls of the Enterprise D, and E and even Voyager were gay? This is something I really hate is when some want to see them pee :laugh: why would you want to see someone pee?

Rant over if you don't like what I said then thats your problem.

I agree somewhat.

Berman & Braga are not responsible for the gay-kisses on DS9, Ira Steven Behr was in charge of that show.

As for VOY & ENT featuring sex, catsuits, mindless action, and so forth. I don't believe B&B are to blame, but rather, the network - UPN. As for having a gay character on Trek? That's disgusting, I hope it never happens. :laugh:

I also agree somewhat.

They're going for complete sensationalism. They think, "well, our target demo is young males, so they probably want to see more sexual situations, skimpy outfits, non-existent outfits, and women kissing each other." They do this because it's what's working on many other television shows today .

They don't seem to realize that Trek does'nt do well when it just 'goes with the flow', so to speak. TNG had a couple of the above-mentioned things in its earliest seasons, when it had very questionable ratings. I don't recall many of these things occurring in TNG's peak seasons, nor do I remember more than 2 or 3 instances in VOY. Yet, both shows beat ENT in nearly every category imho. Trek thrives when it's trailblazing, not copying everyone else.

That's my rant. Since I'm in a hurry, it may not entirely make sense or be worded correctly (I can already count a few holes in it myself). :laugh:

I also agree somewhat.

They're going for complete sensationalism. They think, "well, our target demo is young males, so they probably want to see more sexual situations, skimpy outfits, non-existent outfits, and women kissing each other." They do this because it's what's working on many other television shows today .

They don't seem to realize that Trek does'nt do well when it just 'goes with the flow', so to speak. TNG had a couple of the above-mentioned things in its earliest seasons, when it had very questionable ratings. I don't recall many of these things occurring in TNG's peak seasons, nor do I remember more than 2 or 3 instances in VOY. Yet, both shows beat ENT in nearly every category imho. Trek thrives when it's trailblazing, not copying everyone else.

That's my rant. Since I'm in a hurry, it may not entirely make sense or be worded correctly (I can already count a few holes in it myself). :laugh:

I totally agree, however, I feel it's the network at fault, not B&B. :lol:

I'm not saying B&B are perfect, I'm just saying that Trek was thriving till it landed UPN. :laugh:

I don't really mind if they have a good-looking women here and there, as long as it is not the center of the story, which it sadly have been sometimes. If they can fool some horny youngster into watching the series just for the women, then congrats, just remember to give us real trekkies what we want:

a REAL story!

Edited by Stelfan

I voted for next season. I think UPN will somehow mess things up.

The show may surprise me and go on to complete seven seasons on UPN.

I voted for next season.  I think UPN will somehow mess things up.

Hmm..I Hadn't Thought About That. Ya Think UPN Would...Mess It Up??

They have been since 1995. :)

What have they messed up?

They have been since 1995. :)

What have they messed up?

Not a lot, but mostly being on a network that most people have never heard of. The catsuits and sexually themed episode shave been a big turn off. Aside from these two issues, I've enjoyed Trek thoroughly. :)

Not a lot, but mostly being on a network that most people have never heard of.  The catsuits and sexually themed episode shave been a big turn off.  Aside from these two issues, I've enjoyed Trek thoroughly. :assimilated:

I Was Under The Impression That The Catsuits And Such Was All Berman, lol

The way the ratings are looking I think that Enterprise will last another season. I agree with Cap abput UPN meesing things up and the ways it has messd things up. I laso think that ENT was released at the wrong time. After 3 series straight I think the franchise should have taken a breather as far as TV was concerned. But the tptb thought that if they keep chruning it out the loyal trekkies will eat everything that they put out up. Apparently things have no happened that way. I like ENT but I think it came along too soon.

Ent is showing a lot of promise... I think it would be great for it to run 7 full seasons, but I dont believe that it will hold up to it. I voted 5 seasons.

Personally, I would love to see the introduction of the Federation-Romulan War, The Birth of The UFP, and the christening of the Daedalus class starships.

I voted Season 7. It seems to be a tradition, one that I hope they don't break this time around.

Personally, I would love to see the introduction of the Federation-Romulan War, The Birth of The UFP, and the christening of the Daedalus class starships.

I don't ever want to see the Daedalus-class ships. They were a rejected design for the Enterprise from TOS and, in my opinion, are butt-ugly. :bow:

Hey, if they can flip an Akira upside-down and christen it as the NX, they can make a Daedalus look halfway respectable. :bow:

Hey, if they can flip an Akira upside-down and christen it as the NX, they can make a Daedalus look halfway respectable. ;)

The NX-01 Enterprise is not an upside-down Akira-class ship. :bow:

Akira-class

Click for Spoiler:

akira-cgi.jpg

NX-class

Click for Spoiler:

nx01_specs.jpg

You were saying?

I dont think that the Daedalus is that bad of a design. Sure it is a conjectural design that was not accepted for the Enterprise in TOS, but it has to have some signifigance if it is in the Ready Room of Captain Benjamin Sisko. After all it is a part of Star Trek past.

And even if they dont use the Design that was in Sisko's Ready Room, they should design a ship that is Daedalus class to end the conjecture of design for Daedalus class ships.

I dont think that the Daedalus is that bad of a design.  Sure it is a conjectural design that was not accepted for the Enterprise in TOS, but it has to have some signifigance if it is in the Ready Room of Captain Benjamin Sisko.  After all it is a part of Star Trek past.

Why should it have signifigance due to being a model in Sisko's ready room? How do we know it wasn't some freighter that Sisko thought looked cool? A part of Trek's past? All we know, from the shows & movies, we know there was a Daedalus-class and we've seen the model in Sisko's office, but we've no idea if they're the same. There's no on-screen evidence.

And even if they dont use the Design that was in Sisko's Ready Room, they should design a ship that is Daedalus class to end the conjecture of design for Daedalus class ships.

Why do they need to design a Deedalus-class ship in order to end the conjecture of the design? Why not just introduce something else?

Hey, if they can flip an Akira upside-down and christen it as the NX, they can make a Daedalus look halfway respectable. :lol:

The NX-01 Enterprise is not an upside-down Akira-class ship. :blink:

Akira-class

Click for Spoiler:

akira-cgi.jpg

NX-class

Click for Spoiler:

nx01_specs.jpg

You were saying?

:blink: I'm not going through this again, as this has been brought up on nearly every other Trek board I've been on. Most, if not all, agree that the designers got lazy and just reworked the Akira design instead of coming up with an original one. I'm sure you see just how similar they are, so I won't point out the details to you.

Let's just say that I like the Akira, I like the NX, this is off-topic, and we disagree. ;) lol

Hey, if they can flip an Akira upside-down and christen it as the NX, they can make a Daedalus look halfway respectable. :lol:

The NX-01 Enterprise is not an upside-down Akira-class ship. :blink:

Akira-class

Click for Spoiler:

akira-cgi.jpg

NX-class

Click for Spoiler:

nx01_specs.jpg

You were saying?

:blink: I'm not going through this again, as this has been brought up on nearly every other Trek board I've been on. Most, if not all, agree that the designers got lazy and just reworked the Akira design instead of coming up with an original one. I'm sure you see just how similar they are, so I won't point out the details to you.

Let's just say that I like the Akira, I like the NX, this is off-topic, and we disagree. ;) lol

Well, it hasn't been discussed much on this forum. :force: The designers were not lazy. Infact, they based the NX-01's design on the Akira-class on purpose, knowing that the Akira-class was a favorite design among fans and that we now had 3 shows with an Enterprise-looking ship, they wanted something new and familiar at the same time. Personally, I'm glad they based the NX-01's design on the Akira-class as I myself love the look of the Akira-class. The TOS & TNG Enterprises have lots of similarities, Voyager and the Enterprise-E have lots of similarities. That doesn't mean the designers are lazy, it's called design lineage. In the case of the NX-01, you can clearly see that they reused the Akira-class saucer shape from the top side, but all the details are clearly different and unqiue. :force:

Many feel that there should be more of a design lineage visible between the NX and 1701, rather than the NX and one of the newest designs within the Trek universe.

As to your first sentences, it's entirely possible - can you provide documentation stating that the designers intentionally borrowed elements from the Akira due to those reasons? If so, great; if not, we can't know without calling up Alex Jaeger himself. :blink:

I still feel this is off-topic. If you wish, PM me or feel free to start a thread for it.

hmmm, we started talking about how long ENT is gonna be on air, and ended up discussing ships, and the people that made them....... DOES THAT SEEM WEIRD TO ANYONE ELSE THAN ME??????????

i,personally, voted 10! seasons.

And, i get my ENT from.....somewhere, i aint sure.

Inquire: WAT IS SYNDICATION?

Inquire: am i the only SMART ONE AROUND HERE?

Statement: The Akira and NX are the same, yet different. #1: the took the nacilles from akira and put em on the NX, #2: They didnt flip the Akira over, duh, they flipped the nacilles over. LOOK AT THE PICS. #3: look at it people, the NX has the top thing melded into it, the AKIRA doesnt, it kinda sits on top, like it was glued to it or something....

END STATEMENT.

just thought u would like to know....

MISTER T

:cool: : :devil: :blink:

:blink: :lol: ;)

Edited by LordOfTheBorg