Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Best season

Personally, I think 7 seasons is perfect for a "Trek" series. There are some shows which are great, but don't have the formula for longevity like Roswell. Other shows last a long time like The X Files. With Trek, however, this is how I see it...

Season 1 - Sets up the series.

Season 2 - Clunker season, but contains some of the best episodes.

Season 3 - Time of radical changes.

Seasons 4-6 - 3 great seasons of science-fiction, the meat of the series!

Season 7 - The final season, arcs are wrapped up while new ones are introduced. Series ends with a 2-part epic finale, while leaving the door open for a movie.

I voted Season 7.

What did you vote and why?

If ENT gets cancelled, that may very well be the end of Trek. Besides, if UPN cancels ENT, that doesn't mean the series is over. There could be a fan campaign to bring it back for a 5th season, the series could be bought by another network, or Paramount could sell it into syndication.

Personally, I think UPN will cancel ENT after Season 4, with Seasons 5-7 being sold into syndication.

I think Enterprise will make it to the 7th year! Maybe ratings are on a bit of a decline. So what! It has better ratings than most shows. It isn't as if Enterprise doesn't make them money. That's all they care about. Moreover, if Enterprise should happen to be cancelled I would write and I would encourage massive amounts of people to write in as well. Long live Enterprise!

I too believe that 7 years is the perfect amount of time for a Trek series. And I do believe that Enterprise will make it thru it's full 7 years on UPN..

I voted for Season 7, and I believe ENT will make seven years on UPN. The ratings may be declaining but it is still one of UPN´s most popular shows..

UPN sucks, not Enterprise..

I vote for season 7 for there last year. They can make it better for the rating to go up.

Edited by shrek

Full 7 seasons.

Behind Smackdown and Top Model, ENT is one of UPN's best rated shows, and it's been said that ENT has actually been gaining ground in the key demos. Stelfan was right, UPN sucks - not ENT. I doubt it will go longer though, as they've pretty much settled on 7 yrs. for each shows run.

Edited by Ace

Frankly I don't know what all this UPN stuff is about! I don't even get such a channel. I watch Enterprise on "CityTv" - Toronto's "Federation Station" or "Space" the imagination station. So why is UPN so special? It does show on other stations.

Frankly I don't know what all this UPN stuff is about!  I don't even get such a channel.  I watch Enterprise on "CityTv" - Toronto's "Federation Station" or "Space" the imagination station.  So why is UPN so special?  It does show on other stations.

UPN = United Paramount Network

UPN is a small network. Click here for the official site.

Star Trek: Enterprise, previously named Enterprise, airs on UPN. UPN is the "home network" of ENT. However, Paramount sells the shows to some other networks and syndication. I'm assuming that's the case for you, that you're local "CityTV" gets ENT, but "CityTV" in the next city might not, where as all UPN stations carry ENT.

This question of "how long will it last" is a very valid one. Even the life expectancy of Voyager (which a lot of people down right hated... and it still lasted to season 7 on UPN) was never brought to this much attention. Perhaps Enterprise gains more attention because it is the "prequel."

I think that it is important to stop worrying about this matter because "Enterprise" belongs to Star Trek. If sci-fans can bring back "Farscape".... then I'm none to worried that "Enterprise" will at least make it to season 6...even if it isn't with UPN.

I don't know about 7 seasons for "Enterprise." I love the show to death...but I would honestly still be happy if they ended it on season 6.

SuraksSoul hit the nail on the head. Firefly fans get a series set (only lasted a season) and potentially a movie. Farscape fans get a mini-series to tie up loose ends as the last episode was a cliffhanger intended for a 5th season, and not as a "leave things to the imagination" finale like DS9 had. Roswell fans got a 2nd season on the WB, and then a 3rd season on UPN.

As you can see, if the fanbase is strong and the demand there, then we should surely get a full 7 seasons. Heck, if we can have the prototype space shuttle named after Kirk's Enterprise, then why are we worrying so much? :dude:

I voted seven seasons. It just feels right.

For the record, CityTV is based in Vancouver and Toronto and both carry Enterprise. I think it owns smaller networks but none carry Enterprise because they would be in direct competition with CityTV.

The nickname "the Federation Station" is well founded in that it has carried all the Star Trek series (except the original since I don't think it was around). Anyway, before the airing of Temptation Island :dude: , "All Good Things" was the highest rated show in the network's history.

Anyway, before the airing of Temptation Island :dude: , "All Good Things" was the highest rated show in the network's history.

I just can't believe people ENJOY watching Temptation Island. It's the worst piece of junk ever shown on TV.. I guess most of the things shown on TV today is junk, just hope Star Trek won't end with Enterprise.

I have faith that it will last Seven seasons. I say seven because that is what has basically been established as the length of a trek series.

I'm not sure when it will die out, but i'm hoping soon..

That's Blasphemy Adam!!! B) B)

Stelfan, I'm embarrased to admit that I watched some of T.I. ;) It's definitely not smart tv, and I didn't care what the people looked like, but I thought the attempts at strategy and alliances were hilarious. :o

*goes to chalkboard and writes "I will not watch reality tv" 100 times*

Full 7 seasons.

Behind Smackdown and Top Model, ENT is one of UPN's best rated shows,

Well keep in mind that Enterprise probably spends more money than most other series' on UPN, for visual effects. I don't think that the Producers of Enterprise are low on the wallet, but the ratings for the show need to be huge to balance the effects budget.

True indeed, but I believe it's balancing out well enough so far. If there were to be a drastic decline in $$$ coming in from advertisers, then we'd be in trouble.

That's Blasphemy Adam!!! :o ;)

Stelfan, I'm embarrased to admit that I watched some of T.I. :laugh: It's definitely not smart tv, and I didn't care what the people looked like, but I thought the attempts at strategy and alliances were hilarious. :lol:

*goes to chalkboard and writes "I will not watch reality tv" 100 times*

Hmmm.. I can forgive, but just this time. I you watch it again you will have to pay me $100, or else I will tell all your friends and they will force you out of the country! (or something) :laugh:

I'm with you ARMS. Although the last few episodes were good, I wan't Enterprise to make way for a new better series.

If ENT gets cancelled, there might not be a next series.

I don't see why not.

Edited by Captain Holland