Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Star Trek Phase II

Does anyone know if there are any books on the subject and the amount of film footage that has survived?

Also, what do you think about ST Phase 2? Would it have been as popular or more popular than TNG? Would it have done well without Mr Spock?

No episodes were filmed, as the pilot was turned into the movie. There's a book out with detailed information on Star Trek: Phase II including many pictures! :tear:

I doubt it would be very successful.

It'd be like...

ROSWELL - without Liz Parker

THE X FILES - without Dana Scully

STARGATE SG-1 - without Daniel Jackson (he's back for the final season, woo-hoo!)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - without Data

Smallville - without Lex Luther

See, these are essential characters. Spock was simply part of Star Trek. :D

Or Fox Mulder :tear:

Anyway...I think the show would have died....Thank GoodNess Lucas did Star Wars....and that it was successful :D

The Star Trek "Suits"-Yeeees...Feature Films!! Ofcourse!!"

I always got the impression that it would be quite like Battlestar Galactica in its general feel i.e. very 70s. In the end I think television movies would have been the best to hope for after that series had gone, however, it could be argued that TNG was a redress of Phase 2, so maybe it might have worked? We will never know!!

Star Trek: Phase II was the original idea for a spin-off series, following the cronicles of Kirk's 2nd five-year-mission, including everyone except Spock, as the actor didn't want to return to tv... However, Star Wars came out and was a huge success. Paramount went back and forth deciding on a movie or Phase II, by the time they decided to do a movie, they sent people begging for Leonard Nimoy to return as Spock! Being the nice man that he is, he gave in! :o

No episodes were filmed, as the pilot was turned into the movie.  There's a book out with detailed information on Star Trek: Phase II including many pictures! :o

I doubt it would be very successful.

It'd be like...

ROSWELL - without Liz Parker

STARGATE SG-1 - without Daniel Jackson (he's back for the final season, woo-hoo!)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - without Data

Smallville - without Lex Luther

See, these are essential characters.  Spock was simply part of Star Trek. :o

That's true. These people were all esential to the show. It just wouldn't have been remotely the same without them (...haven't seen Smallville, though so I dunno what your talking about...but I'll take your word for it.)