Who's your favorite Captain?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Captain?

• James T. Kirk
    • Jean-Luc Picard
    • Benjamin Sisko
    • Kathryn Janeway
    • Jonathan Archer

I voted for Picard.  If I were in Starfleet I would have no hesitation to put my life in his hands.

ITA with that. I'd trust Picard the most. It's very close for me between him and Janeway.

I voted for Archer. This is because he is using an untested vessel, and going into untested waters. He does not have the privelege of Starfleet Regulations to give him direction in handling new situations, and therefore must procede based off his own best judgement. Also, he is the captain that behaves the most like the explorer that is the premise of the Starfleet mission.

I voted for Archer.  This is because he is using an untested vessel, and going into untested waters.  He does not have the privelege of Starfleet Regulations to give him direction in handling new situations, and therefore must procede based off his own best judgement.  Also, he is the captain that behaves the most like the explorer that is the premise of the Starfleet mission.

That's very true. Good answer.

I voted for Archer.  This is because he is using an untested vessel, and going into untested waters.  He does not have the privelege of Starfleet Regulations to give him direction in handling new situations, and therefore must procede based off his own best judgement.  Also, he is the captain that behaves the most like the explorer that is the premise of the Starfleet mission.

DITTO! PERFECTLY STATED!

My vote registered as Archer but I really wanted to click on Janeway. To me she was really the best but then again I have a thing about strong independant woman. I'd follow her orders anyday. Second choice would have to be Sisko. He really showed a flare for being able to control and interpret the prime directive as he saw fit being where he was.

Few people, captians or not, can put a candle to Picard. He is everything that anyone should want to be (with the exception of being bald, but even that he pulls off quite nicely). He is intellegent, whity, diplomatic, kind, strong, sexy, humble, funny, need I say more?

After Picard my list goes:

Kirk

Sisko

Janeway

Archer

Picard was a great captain there can be no question but I submit he is the culmination of all who came before, you know, standing on the shoulders... He is a... result.

I voted for Picard.. but I have a respect for Janeway I have always liked the whole woman in command thing.. :tear:

all hail Bev!! :D

I voted for Picard, But i too liked Janeway and Sisko. I have been watching the new DVD's of DS9 and Brooks really does a great job with showing us a loving father who is also a kick *buttocks* leader.

i voted kirk....hes...human...and i think he had the best relationship/being in tune with his crew, even the little guys...and he knew his weaknesses and strengths i think, and knew that without mccoy or spock, he wouldnt be where he was....

of course i love picard too.....maybe i just got a thing for iowa farm boys :tear:

i voted kirk....hes...human...and i think he had the best relationship/being in tune with his crew, even the little guys...and he knew his weaknesses and strengths i think, and knew that without mccoy or spock, he wouldnt be where he was....

of course i love picard too.....maybe i just got a thing for iowa farm boys 

:blink:

I didn't like Kirk as much as a captain, but boy was he cute! Kirk, Riker and Bashir are the 3 hottest guys to ever grace Star Trek. pant.gif

of course i love picard too.....maybe i just got a thing for iowa farm boys 

:o

I didn't like Kirk as much as a captain, but boy was he cute! Kirk, Riker and Bashir are the 3 hottest guys to ever grace Star Trek. pant.gif

tsk tsk Uhurariker! you should know better than to get a soong girl started on this!!! :o

But I voted Janeway. After that Picard, then Sisko, the Kirk, then Archer (this time it's not just because I dont like ENT. Its because I have no idea at all about him. I don't think I've heard him speak once, so I can't make any judgements...so he's just there to acknowledge that I know hes a captain)

ARCHER!

As ddillard stated:

I voted for Archer. This is because he is using an untested vessel, and going into untested waters. He does not have the privelege of Starfleet Regulations to give him direction in handling new situations, and therefore must procede based off his own best judgement. Also, he is the captain that behaves the most like the explorer that is the premise of the Starfleet mission.

Now Archer must proceed with a new mission of protecting Earth, and in a thus far uncharted area of the galaxy. Talk about going into untested waters!

Wasn't there a similiar poll?

Again I voted Jon Archer!

As to me ENT presents us the most "living", the most near to us characters. And Jon Archer is the one I'd like to be represented from when menkind starts to explore outer space.

Hard call, but Picard is my favourite captain and so I voted for him. I can't even rank the captains I think they all have good qualities. Picard just edges out the rest because TNG is my favourite series.

*gets her Jean-Luc - flag and puts it next to her* :bow:

So, Jean-Luc is my fave captain. I guess you are all surprised now :) :)

He is just... awesome. The best of the best B) :clap:

Mrs. Captain Picard

While I am a TOS fan, and will always be loyal to the first-ever television show that truly captured my imagination, I have never been a huge Kirk fan. So I went with the first captain I absolutely would follow to the ends of the universe, even against the pah'wraiths - Benjamin Sisko.