Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

I hate the English language!

Actually many have grasped with this before and actually I know some who is making a new language which is like improved english or english 2.0. Id give you the website but he does not have it up yet.

Actually, a logical language is easier to learn by anyone and even by infants.

Logical language attempts have been made before (not so far based on english) such as:

Esperanto

http://www.webcom.com/~donh/efaq.html

Ido

http://members.aol.com/idolinguo/

You can search easily for many others.

These languages were mainly attempts at a world language but none (except esperanto a little) really caught on.

Once the page is up I'll try to post it.

Here's a little sample of this language (remember this is still under constuction (there isn't even an official name) and might not be the final version by any means)

English:

I am posting on this message board. Another person was here. This is a great message board.

I post here.

He posts here.

New English:

te ie iz postin on this mesag te bord. uthur te pursn ized te heer. te this iz great mesag te board.

te ie poston te heer.

te ee poston te heer.

(remeber this is still just a draft)

Infants don't acquire language the same way that adults learn a second language. The exact mechanism in a child's language acquisition is still a bit of a mystery but they tend to follow the same patterns worldwide regardless of the language. The key is they have to hear it spoken.

Acquiring a language is also not the same as learning all of the grammatical rules for spelling, cases and tenses etc.

The fact that even young children pick up on the "rules" in language can be explified by my little nieces recent exclamation that "she was being haved".

ø - it's Greek - I forgot the name of the letter but that is where you get psych as in psychology.

oh well the symbol showed up until I posted. :blink:

I believe that symbol is known as theta I could be mistaken though :o

The "Psy" in Psychology is Greek. The symbol resembles a Y with the stem raised so that it looks kinda like a pitchfork. "Theta" looks like an O with a little ~ in the middle.

I had to memorize the Greek alphabet to get into my fraternity in college. I still remember most of it.

Are We Talking...

English English

American English

Canadian English

Aussie English

Or Some Other Form Or English

????

:)

Same difference - none of them make sense!

Infants don't acquire language the same way that adults learn a second language. The exact mechanism in a child's language acquisition is still a bit of a mystery but they tend to follow the same patterns worldwide regardless of the language. The key is they have to hear it spoken.

Acquiring a language is also not the same as learning all of the grammatical rules for spelling, cases and tenses etc.

The fact that even young children pick up on the "rules" in language can be explified by my little nieces recent exclamation that "she was being haved".

Sorry, let me clarify.

I understand and agree with what you are saying, I am trying to say it is easier to learn if the lenguage is logical and regular where those rules always apply. The langage I sampled is one where the verb forms are perfectly regular and there are no signifigant exceptions to any of the rules.

Your "haved" is a perfect example. In english that verb doesn't follow the rules the children are picking up on. In this language it would. And so in other languages similar to it like the examples I provided. In that way, children would learn it faster because they don't have to memorize the exceptions.

I admire anyone who speaks German as a second language.

Cool. :) In high school, I took three years of German(freshman through junior years). I decided that that was the best class for me, as I am(amongst several other backgrounds) part German on both sides of my family. Plus, at the time, my father was working as a musician at a local German resteraunt. Though he could speak a small bit of German(LOL, it somehow kept turning into Norwegian though. Which is where his father, my grandfather, was from), he would recruit me to assist him in translating and learning songs. True, nowadays I am a bit rusty when attempting to translate English to German, or German to English though.

I also took one year of French, not my first choice though(in 1993-1994). My middle school only offered French or Spanish for a High School credit :) Darn. My favorite thing about that class was, besides the French Food Day that we had, my end of the year project. LOL, I sang the Alphabet Song in French(for those who don't know: A, B, C and so on is pronounced a bit different than we do here in America). And except for singing that song and counting to 10....I am very, very rusty nowadays.

I had learned a small bit of Russian, for my 3 week trip over there(I went at the age of 13, as a part of a Student Ambassador program). Again, I can recall only a small bit: counting to 10, yeas and no, farewell, please and thank you.

I have always admired other languages, and love singing in as many different ones as I can. Once I get the lyrics, I start working on learning them :) . Matter of fact, my current signature is a section of a song I love to sing along to. "Every Heart", and it is in Japanese.

I, so far, have sang in: English(of course), German, Swedish, Spanish, French, Italian, Latin, Japanese. (this is just for fun, not for concerts or anything like that. At least not yet)

And English(or American..whichever you would prefer to call it)...hmm, difficult? Yes, it can be. Middle English is a little more tough, I think. In High School, we had to recite the prologue of the Caunterbury Tales in Middle English(cool thing is, is I still remember most of it..can't write it, but I sure can recite it).

I love English for that reason (except when taking English tests/exams) Its just so fun and strange. There's a hilarious book by some one (cant remember who) that my french teacher once lent me called "Crazy English" (what a surprise). I loved it, and recomend it to anyone interested. Its not a challengin book that requires a lot of background knowledge, its a casual, fun, and VERY interesting read though. (love books, dont me)