What Would You Like To Know

what wuold you like to know most about star trek  

23 members have voted

1. 1. what wuold you like to know most about star trek

• where they go to the bathroom
    • how diffrent speises..(cough) well you know
    • what happends if you break a bone
    • what types of transportation is used on a planet

I'm afraid I was none of the above. Now, you may think this is a stupid question but how do they do their laundry? Is there a laundromat on board. Surely the Captain doesn't press his own uniforms. Do they just throw everything down a shute and it gets delivered back clean and pressed?

For that matter is there an onsite barbershop? There must be a commissary for certain personal items. How would they restock items in deep space when other species may not have the same biological functions?

And I just gotta know...do they have Mountain Dew? :laugh:

I'm afraid I was none of the above.  Now, you may think this is a stupid question but how do they do their laundry?  Is there a laundromat on board.  Surely the Captain doesn't press his own uniforms.  Do they just throw everything down a shute and it gets delivered back clean and pressed?

For that matter is there an onsite barbershop?  There must be a commissary for certain personal items.  How would they restock items in deep space when other species may not have the same biological functions? 

And I just gotta know...do they have Mountain Dew? :laugh:

There were quite a few episodes that showed Laforge and Picard getting their hair cuts. The barber was always a bolian (I think that's what they're called).

As for clothes. They probably just put it in a drawer and then it self cleans itself.

Also, in regards to personal items, one episode of TNG showed Worf picking out a wedding gift in what appeared to be a room with a bunch of replicators that showed various personal items and gift-ideas that could be replicated on a screen. For example, a family replicated a teddy bear for their son and Worf was going through various dishes and glasses. Was almost like a "shopping" mall in a way.

And I think what happens to broken bones is obvious as it's been shown quite a few times. It is the same idea with damaged skin and cuts, they get healed by some instrument and while the previously injured crew member is supposed to go easy on it for awhile, it's more or less healed on the spot.

Yeah, but the question about the clothes had bugged me. I know they can replicate thier clothes, but if you got this dress at DS9 from Garek, you don't want to jsut have the replicator unit "reclaim it" after you wear it. So there has to be some sort of cleaning unit in there somewhere.

Yeah, but the question about the clothes had bugged me. I know they can replicate thier clothes, but if you got this dress at DS9 from Garek, you don't want to jsut have the replicator unit "reclaim it" after you wear it. So there has to be some sort of cleaning unit in there somewhere.

I'm sure there is. Like I said, they probably put them in a drawer and then it gets cleaned in a system similar to the sonic shower.

In ST6: TUC, we were shown a laundry for the first time, it was being searched for the gravity boots or Klingon blood, I forget which.

TNG showed us the barbershop and introduced us to the barber, Mott.

The Replicator is capable of recreating more than just Human necessitude’s so other species biological needs are met and I have no idea if they still drink Mtn. Dew.

Sorry adm. stickler but the thing I have always wondered about was not included in your poll either, how do they sleep on the bedding (blankets and pillows) we been shown they use? It looks like it would be as itchy as sandpaper...

Well, if they didn't have a particular food or drink, I remember somewhere it being mentioned that it could be programmed into the replicator...so if they knew about Mountain Dew (Oh, Lord I HOPE so!!) they could always program it in!

I've always wondered where the bathroom on the bridge was. The laundry thing too. Their towels look awful. bedlam.gif I've also wondered how they clean their water and how much is used on the Enterprise.

They talk about laundry in the TNG episode "In Theory". Keiko was telling the story about O'Brien always leaving his socks on the floor and she finally put them in the cleaning unit when the pile was up to her knees or something like that.

I've always wondered what happened with dishes. None of the crew quarters we saw seemed to have any area for to store dishes and cutlery and everytime they replicated food it came on a dish. What happened to them. Did they get thrown into some time of matter recycler.

I've always wondered what happened with dishes.  None of the crew quarters we saw seemed to have any area for to store dishes and cutlery and everytime they replicated food it came on a dish.  What happened to them.  Did they get thrown into some time of matter recycler.

I always just guessed they put it back on the replicator and it recycled it. Or something like that.

Okay, what about the self cleaning ship? How does a starship clean itself? And are these people really soooo busy they can't clean their own quarters? They don't have to cook or anything. :laugh:

They talk about laundry in the TNG episode "In Theory". Keiko was telling the story about O'Brien always leaving his socks on the floor and she finally put them in the cleaning unit when the pile was up to her knees or something like that.

I've always wondered what happened with dishes. None of the crew quarters we saw seemed to have any area for to store dishes and cutlery and everytime they replicated food it came on a dish. What happened to them. Did they get thrown into some time of matter recycler.

the dishes on the enterprise were reciled

I know that the air, floors and stuff are cleaned by the ship. Dust is sucked up and filterd out. So like...Spot's cat hair would be sucked up from Data's pillow every day.

I forgot about that sock story in "In theory!" I do wonder how they get back to their owners though. Can you imagine working in the Laundry of a starship? over one thousand "being" with clothing! Try sorting whites in that mess! :laugh:

I know that the air, floors and stuff are cleaned by the ship.

Well I want to live on a starship then. I'm sick of following my kids around mopping up kool aid. tongue.gif

We also learned in In Theory that the ship doesn't pick up clothes for you. Remember Data cleaning up Jenna's clothes and offering to organize her closet.

Now guys - that's the REAL reason we all like Data so much!!! :laugh:

We also learned in In Theory that the ship doesn't pick up clothes for you.  Remember Data cleaning up Jenna's clothes and offering to organize her closet. 

Now guys - that's the REAL reason we all like Data so much!!!  B)

Never gets tired, cleans up after you....hmmm....maybe I should rethink my favorite star trek man. :laugh:

Just kidding :wow:

I know that the air, floors and stuff are cleaned by the ship.

Well I want to live on a starship then. I'm sick of following my kids around mopping up kool aid. tongue.gif

lol! I'd want to live in a star shipe ither way (for a while, anyways. But I'd always want to come back home)

I have ALWAYS wanted to know about the bathroom thing. They bring it up in FC (and yes, very funny), but Geordi never actually answers the question! This is really bugging me here!

My sister says if you look at the Enterprise blueprints there is a bathroom off the bridge! I want to see the blueprints! :o

I can't believe I'm getting excited over a bathroom. I'm really starting to worry about myself. eek3.gif

lol! I can believe you getting excited over bathrooms! They're very important. I mean, do you know how much time you spend in there? With all that free time on their hands, no wonder the enterprise crew have time for so much! If there is no bathroom, that it.

And I'll believe that when I see it.

All of this talk about bathrooms on starships has brought up another issue that I've thought of but not sure to address. So I'll just say it. I don't think those jump suits would make for convenient bathroom breaks for the female crewmembers - especially if the bathrooms were cramped little spaces.

All of this talk about bathrooms on starships has brought up another issue that I've thought of but not sure to address.  So I'll just say it.  I don't think those jump suits would make for convenient bathroom breaks for the female crewmembers - especially if the bathrooms were cramped little spaces.

I've thought about that too!

I went for number two, especially if you remember that we found out in ST: VI that "not all creatures keep their genitals in the same place."

As far as the cleaning of dishes there are several episodes where we see them placing a dish back in the replicator and it disappearing. And according to the tech manual the replicator reuses the matter from the dish to create other items.

about the bathroom question- I did vote for it, but after i did, i remembered i already knew!, well sort of.

Has any one ever seen the movie called "A Journey's end"? or at least, i think thats whats its called. Its about the making of the next generation, and johnathan frakes, i don't the right word to use, umm...well hes in it and tells you all this stuff , commentates? no.... i don't know what you would call what he does but oh well. Its pretty funny!

Anyways, theres one part were they're talking about how "have you ever wanted to know where the bathroom is?" and he shows this cut away map which shows half the inside of the ship, and tells you where the bathroom is. ( theres only one on the whole ship)

If you haven't seen it, you should, its hilarious. In one part he goes to this convention, and this little girl comes up to him and wants him to sign his autograph for her, saying " with love from william shatner" :bow:

ok, now I'm kind of getting off subject, but it does answer that question

along with the bathrooms, those sonic showers get me. how can you go in all slimy, and dirty, then come out feeling clean. i like ENT they use water showers. thats how its done.

In Genesis they showed Deanna in the bath. Maybe you can switch it to either sonic or water? I would imagine most (or at least a lot) of visitors to the ship are used to bathing in water. Just a thought.

good point maybe thers hope for the future after all. lol i do need my showers, and hot tubs. lifes necessities. :D

:D:D:D

Forget world peace, I need my bubble baths!!!

the dishes on the enterprise were reciled

In the DS9 ep where the cardassian orphan is staying with o'brien and keiko she picked up the dirty dishes and put them in the replicator tray so i suppose it would de-materialise them or something

I chose any ST fashion over one recent trend, pants are worn low, under the ball of the *buttocks*. A few times I have been unfortunate enough to witness...

WARNING! DISGUSTING!

Click for Spoiler:

visible skid marks!