Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Discovery ........What do you think?

I almost hate to admit this, after saying in another thread that I just couldn't get excited about it, but my son-in-law put the first season on my computer (I don't ask any questions about how he acquired them), and I found myself enjoying it.  Especially the season finale, where there were sooooo many easter eggs.  It seems to be the best of all worlds, bringing in all the previous series and playing off themes we know and introducing new ones.  LOVED the mirror universe segment!

Hi, I'm new around here.

I felt Discovery was well written Sci Fi, but it dd not feel like Star Trek to me.

The story was very dark, and setting aside things that were implausible in order to setup such a crew, the fact that the crew didn't really trust each other and didn't work together to solve problems together much bothered me.

It felt like Dark, Action Packed Sci Fi, and not the hopeful future that Star Trek used to paint for us. It's the first Star Trek where the crew didn't feel like a family to me.

I didn't like season 1 all that much. There were obvious canon violations and the Klingon makeup was just horrid. Season 2 was a huge improvement. Now that we're in the middle of season 3, I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.