• The Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Mixed cast
    • Other (Specify)

You do not have to worry about me changing my name. Why would I? :lol:

I voted mixed cast! :)

The Next Generation - Data died, Riker's captain of his own ship and married Deanna, Patrick Stewart is too expensive, and NEMESIS flopped in theaters. It is over people! ;)

Deep Space Nine - Ratings weren't high enough to warrant a movie. :huh:

Voyager - Ratings weren't high enough to warrant a movie. :)

Enterprise - Too early! :lol:

Mixed cast - BEST way to go! Just come up with a story, then plug whatever characters fit that story! ;)

New Cast - Go see a movie with new people? A story with no background? Characters I've never met? :lol:

The Next Generation - Data died, Riker's captain of his own ship and married Deanna, Patrick Stewart is too expensive, and NEMESIS flopped in theaters.  It is over people! :lol:

ARGHH! NOOO! I WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT!! NEVER!

The Next Generation - Data died, Riker's captain of his own ship and married Deanna, Patrick Stewart is too expensive, and NEMESIS flopped in theaters.  It is over people! :lol:

That is blasphemous!!!

I really believe the world situation was the biggest problem for Nemesis' box office. People have been going to see mindless comedies rather than serious (and dark) movies like Nemesis (LOTR excluded). Here is a list of the top movies for 2003 so far (note they do not include movies that were released in 2002).

1 How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

2 Bringing Down the House

3 Daredevil

4 Old School

5 Kangaroo Jack

6 Shanghai Knights

7 Just Married

8 The Recruit

9 Final Destination 2

10 The Jungle Book 2

My gosh. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that's a list of some of the worst junk movies I've ever heard of (Davedevil, I have to admit, I kind of want to see. A blind superhero? That's new...to me anyway. i never read comics!)

The Next Generation - Data died, Riker's captain of his own ship and married Deanna, Patrick Stewart is too expensive, and NEMESIS flopped in theaters.  It is over people! :wow:

That is blasphemous!!!

I really believe the world situation was the biggest problem for Nemesis' box office. People have been going to see mindless comedies rather than serious (and dark) movies like Nemesis (LOTR excluded). Here is a list of the top movies for 2003 so far (note they do not include movies that were released in 2002).

1 How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

2 Bringing Down the House

3 Daredevil

4 Old School

5 Kangaroo Jack

6 Shanghai Knights

7 Just Married

8 The Recruit

9 Final Destination 2

10 The Jungle Book 2

I will agree that most 9 out of 10 movies on that list are mindless crap. However I am a huge fan of both Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson and I thought that Shanghia Knights was even better than the first one. But your point is well taken..

I agree that the movies on that list are pretty much lame or at least lame-brained (No offense to those who saw & loved those movies). But, the one on the list I DO want to see is Shanghai Knights, mainly because I liked Shanghai Noon.

I voted mixed cast. If they have Picard, i would like them to bring back Data, but if they don't have Picard, they could leave him dead and bring him back in a book or something.

I would love to see Sisko back and able to see his new kid for at lease a second. If there was a big crisis, I'm sure he and Picard or Riker would be a good team to tackle it. I would like to see Kira and Odo too. the New Dax was ok, but she can stay home and i'm not sure anyone would miss her.

the EMH i would like to see deleted!

Yeah and it'd work on a Voyager OR a TNG movie(since we discovered they had an EMH doctor). I LIKE THAT...

beep

"oops..." (whistles nonchalantly :oops: )

I voted for TNG but I think if they did a movie to give us more closure for TNG and maybe pass the torch in the movie to someone else then I would be satisfied.. I think it would be cool if Q was in it too..(and his son)

all hail Bev :wow:

Guest Ktrek

It seems most of us here want to have either a TNG or mixed cast movie. I chose other. :wow: Not because I don't like TNG or even the other series. If I had to choose a series I guess it would be a DS9 or a mixed with DS9 characters. However, I really would like to see the ST universe EXPANDED. How about a ST-Excelsior movie with Captain Sulu? Or Starfleet Academy? Or even a really cool push to the far future with ST-Relativity? Or even a more bold idea.....A brand new ship and crew? Maybe the crew of Peter David's New Frontier books and the ship Excalibur? Anyway, there are lots of possibilties that could capture the fans attention and maybe, just maybe, a new viewing public.Just my meager thoughts!!!

Ktrek

Excelsior

It seems most of us here want to have either a TNG or mixed cast movie. I chose other. :wow: Not because I don't like TNG or even the other series. If I had to choose a series I guess it would be a DS9 or a mixed with DS9 characters. However, I really would like to see the ST universe EXPANDED. How about a ST-Excelsior movie with Captain Sulu? Or Starfleet Academy? Or even a really cool push to the far future with ST-Relativity? Or even a more bold idea.....A brand new ship and crew? Maybe the crew of Peter David's New Frontier books and the ship Excalibur? Anyway, there are lots of possibilties that could capture the fans attention and maybe, just maybe, a new viewing public.Just my meager thoughts!!!

Ktrek

Excelsior

You got a great point. It would be neat to see more of Sulu as a Captain. Maybe we can see more of what Tuvak was like then. If the movie had a time travel sceme, maybe members of the different series could be seen.

Also, the Star Fleet Academy idea maybe cool too.

I'll just sit here and cry.. lol

NO ONE WANTS A NEXT GEN MOVIe..

-LAur

That’s not true! I would want another NG flick but it is not practical, they have all be come to expensive. Come-on, BUCK-UP Trekette! You are not the first person to lose a fav to economics, try to begin focusing on the other series and what possibilities that lies with them.

I'm Sorry!

what did ya throw in a little BUCK rogers their too. lol. i think NG has run its course i too think that only FIRST CONTACT was really good, that made me lust for more. nemesis was good but didnt leave the taste for more.

DS9 DS9 DS9 DS9, ALL THE WAY. i want sisko and the rest of the crew back now. but whatever they do i sure as hell dont want a voyager movie.

I would like another TNG movie and one with more closure for TNG. ST10 did not do so well and Stewart seems to be saying ‘no’ to another movie, but there is always a possibility.

If not that probably the best choice would be a mixed one.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Voyager! oh to see B'Elanna and Seven once more :klingon:

You got it! Well, my personal prefs may vary a smidge from yours, but the basic sentiment is the same! There HAD BEEN consideration for a STV film, once, but Nemesis' ratings killed whatever plans that were pondered. Argggh. But, this is my personal favorite, as it,s my main beloved series-shocking!! Still, a mixed-crew film from the latter series would be great as well. But it would limit screen time for all but a certain few-unless the PTB at Paramount would just dig a little deeper in the wallet, as I guess they did for ST11, and pay for a longer film, worthy of such an 'alliance'. I think to be realistic, it would fare better than even my beloved Voyager...and be,if done well, a landmark movie.