Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Discovery Season 2 Trailer Revealed

thumb_discovery-season-2-trailer-reveale

Season two of Star Trek: Discovery will launch on Thursday, January 17, 2019 on CBS All Access, executive producer Alex Kurtzman announced today during the packed Discovery panel at New York Comic-Con. Also during the panel at Madison Square Garden, which featured the show’s cast and executive producers, fans were treated to the debut of official season-two trailer, which included glimpses of Discovery’s Spock, played by Ethan Peck; Number One, portrayed by Rebecca Romijn; and Section 31’s newest recruit, Philippa Georgiou, with Michelle Yeoh back in the role.

After the January 17 premiere night, all-new episodes of Discovery’s 13-episode second season will be available on-demand weekly on Thursdays, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S.

View the full article

thumb_new-discovery-season-two-photos-re

Photos from the upcoming second season of Star Trek: Discovery have just been released. Among those featured in the photos are Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham, Anson Mount as Captain Pike, Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Spock.

Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green)

Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green)

Michael Burnham, Philippa Georgiou (Michelle Yeoh) and Captain Pike (Anson Mount)Michael Burnham, Philippa Georgiou (Michelle Yeoh) and Captain Pike (Anson Mount)

Number One (Rebecca Romijn) and Captain PikeNumber One (Rebecca Romijn) and Captain Pike

Spock (Ethan Peck)

Spock (Ethan Peck)

Philippa GeorgiouPhilippa Georgiou

inset-rockship.jpg

Michael Burnham

Michael Burnham

Paul Stamets (Anthony Rapp) and Sylvia Tilly (Mary Wiseman)Paul Stamets (Anthony Rapp) and Sylvia Tilly (Mary Wiseman)

Season two of Star Trek: Discovery will launch on Thursday, January 17, 2019 on CBS All Access. After the January 17 premiere night, all-new episodes of Discovery’s 13-episode second season will be available on-demand weekly on Thursdays, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S.

Star Trek: Discovery's first season is available on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Space Channel in Canada. It's available on Netflix in the rest of the world.

Star Trek Discovery CBS All Access

Star Trek Discovery Space Channel CraveTV

Star Trek Discovery Netflix

View the full article

thumb_top-takeaways-from-discovery-s2-ny

Star Trek: Discovery beamed down to Madison Square Garden today during New York Comic-Con to beat the drum for the show's upcoming second season. During a panel with cast and executive producers, fans were treated to a New York Comic-Con Discovery season-two trailer debut and were given first look at Discovery's Spock, played by Ethan Peck; Number One, played by Rebecca Romijn; and Section 31’s newest recruit, Philippa Georgiou, played by Michelle Yeoh.

Romijn moderated the panel, which featured a conversation with cast members including Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Mary Wiseman, Anthony Rapp, Michelle Yeoh, Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo, Anson Mount and Ethan Peck. They were joined by executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin.

StarTrek.com was in the house and is pleased to several major takeaways from the NYCC Discovery panel:

Behold the Red Angel

Red Angel

The trailer revealed that the crew is dealing with a mystery involving seven signals. Additionally, Spock has experienced visions of something called the Red Angel, which Michael Burnham confirms that she's seen, too. "The seven signals, who sent them and what do they mean is the drive of season two," Alex Kurtzman told the audience. "There's a conversation of science versus faith, and what does faith mean?"

Bearded Spock

Ethan Peck as Spock

Fans got their first look at Discovery's Spock... and he's got a beard. Ethan Peck addressed how he landed the coveted role, explaining, "The audition was absolutely outrageous. In the beginning, I didn't know what I was reading for, but toward the end I found out who it was and had a panic attack. A few days later, I got a text message from the casting director that said, 'Welcome aboard, Mr. Spock.'” Later in the panel, Peck touched on a plot point of interest to every fan: "We have to start Spock in a place where we see how he becomes the Spock we know standing beside Kirk on the bridge of the Enterprise."

Paging Mr. Green

Kenric Green and Sonequa Martin-Green

Kenric Green, an actor and the husband of Sonequa Martin-Green, will appear during season two. When prompted by Romijn to share the big casting news, Martin-Green could barely contain her joy and pride. "My husband, my amazing husband, Kenric, the love of my life, is going to be on the show. I can't say in what capacity yet. But that's very, very exciting. And I'm incredibly grateful."

Where's Dr. Culber?

Anthony Rapp and Wilson Cruz

Another season-two secret is how Dr. Culber will figure into the proceedings, given that he's dead, but everyone knows that Wilson Cruz will be back on the show. Cruz playfully addressed the situation by saying, "They left me for last because there's only one thing I can say about this whole thing... We find him where we left him. Honestly, I cannot tell you anything more than that. But that's your clue."

Georgiou vs. Georgiou

Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou

Baddies have more fun, or so said Michelle Yeoh of the Section 31 version of Georgiou, a/k/a Emperor Georgiou. "She is pure," the actress said of the Mirror Universe counterpart. "My god, she is pure. I have more fun playing Section 31 Georgiou. Poor Captain Pike, he thinks I'm Captain Georgiou. He has no idea who I am. Very few people know who Georgiou really is."

Romijn Goes Dark

Number One (Rebecca Romijn) and Captain Pike

Romijn stepped out of her moderator role for a moment to address a fan question about playing Number One. "When I got the role, it was a big secret," she said. "But you've all seen the trailer now. The first thing they asked me was, would I wear a wig. I was a fan of The Original Series. So, putting on that wig, it was pretty mind-blowing."

Star Trek: Discovery's
second season will premiere on Thursday, January 17, 2019, in the U.S. and Canada, and in the rest of the world on Friday, January 18, 2019.

Star Trek: Discovery on Blu-ray

Blu-ray1.jpgStar Trek: Discovery: Season One will arrive on Blu-ray and DVD on November 13 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The four-disc Blu-ray and DVD collections, available to U.S. and Canadian fans, will feature all 15 first-season episodes of the CBS All Access series, as well as featurettes and other special features that will include cast and crew interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and deleted and extended scenes.

Fans in the U.S. and Canada can pre-order on Amazon.com now.

Star Trek: Discovery's first season is available on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Space Channel in Canada. It's available on Netflix in the rest of the world.

View the full article