Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trekz

Star Trek Las Vegas 2018: Las Vegas NV, Aug 1-5, 2018

Star Trek Las Vegas 2018 will be held at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada from August 1-5, 2018

https://www.creationent.com/cal/st_lasvegas.html

William Shatner: James Kirk, TOS / ST I-VII

George Takei: Sulu, TOS / ST I-VI

Nichelle Nichols: Uhura, TOS / ST I-VI

Walter Koenig: Pavel Chekov, TOS / ST I-VI

Star Trek Las Vegas 2018 will be held at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada from August 1-5, 2018

https://www.creationent.com/cal/st_lasvegas.html

William Shatner: James Kirk, TOS / ST I-VII

George Takei: Sulu, TOS / ST I-VI

Nichelle Nichols: Uhura, TOS / ST I-VI

Walter Koenig: Pavel Chekov, TOS / ST I-VI

Kate Mulgrew: Kathryn Janeway, VOY

Terry Farrell: Jadzia Dax, DS9

Jeri Ryan: Seven of Nine, VOY

Colm Meaney: Miles O'Brien, TNG / DS9

Brent Spiner: Data, TNG / ST VII-X

Marina Sirtis: Deanna Troi, TNG / ST VII-X

Michael Dorn: Worf, TNG / DS9 / ST VII-X

Levar Burton: Geordi LaForge, TNG / ST VII-X

Jonathon Frakes: Will Riker, TNG / ST VII-X

Gates McFadden: Beverly Crusher, TNG / ST VII-X

Armin Shimerman: Quark, DS9

Rene Aberjonois: Odo, DS9

Nana Visitor: Major Kira, DS9

John de Lancie, Q, TNG / DS9 / VOY

Denise Crosby: Sela / Tasha Yar, TNG

Sonequa Martin-Green: Michael Burnham, DIS

Jason Isaacs: Capt. Gabriel Lorca, DIS

Doug Jones: Saru, DIS

Raain Wilson: Harry Mudd, DIS

More to come

Well I made it there and back in one piece! I say that after having a car accident three days before STLV, which may have colored my experience a bit, still being a bit sore and stiff.

Overall I had fun. 

Top experiences were meeting Doug Jones, Jason Isaacs, Joe Piscopo, talking with TOS actors Phil Adams, Phil Morris, Kellie Flanagan: & with Jennifer Edwards, Bertilla Damas; hearing Famke Janssen, The band Sons of Kirk - which was outstanding!, and hearing the many fine panels, particularly the DS9 ones.

Slightly disappointing was the autograph with Famke - very fast and a bit impersonal, the huge number of DIS guests,  some asking quite a bit of $ for autographs, and DIS somewhat stealing a little of the thunder for the DS9 anniversary, the fact that the DIS emblem was out in the front photograph area - and not a generic Star Trek one, and minor quibbles (not tribbles!) with moderators Spelling (laughed to much at own jokes), and Lovely Chase (Who came out very high pitched each time).

I also wished there had been a guest or two from the reboot movies - which I have finally accepted and embraced after Star Trek Beyond. It was barely mentioned just by one moderator and one guest.

I did pass the personal milestone of reaching over 200 different actor's autographs at this convention. (I rarely do photo-ops)  I also never attended one full program in any other venues than the main stage.

Other concerns: the Con continues to be more expensive each year, I don't see why it can't go back to 4 days - 5 is Exhausting, especially for fans who watched the original series in Real Time, there were NO lunch breaks - there have been in the past., and I heard a rumor that Creation is going to demand more for tables in the dealers room, which could affect attendance or prices. Finally I was accused of  cutting in line for a photograph by a Creation person - and that really ticked me off!

Despite the fun times, the negative have me strongly considering not going again next year, particularly if it becomes mainly an advertising campaign  for DIS (Discovery)  - rather than equally celebrating all the separate series more equally., with emphasis on significant anniversaries. Time will tell....

Glad to hear you are ok.

Yeah I gave up on conventions after the last one I went to some 8-10 years ago. There was fun to be had but mostly just a huge, bloated cash grab. I can just imagine how much more bloated they are now.  

Thanks AlterEgo!

I thought the prices for some of the Discovery actors was high - Green-Martin $100, Jason Isaacs $80, etc. considering the series is just in its first year. We now just buy general weekend tickets, a reserved seat would be nice but not much closer than general admission, plus you can move around since they shift the stage setup around. Only stood in one huge line. I did meet some nice people in line. And we took time to see a magic show and play pinball at the Pinball Hall of Fame (soon to close) :(