Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Meyer On Proposed Star Trek Miniseries

Nick Meyer spoke last night at a Shakespeare and Star Trek event at the UCI School of Humanities, where he explained a comment made last year that he was “working on another Star Trek project” that would be a miniseries.

An audience member at the event asked him about that miniseries. “A while back there were reports that you might be working on a Star Trek miniseries, is there any truth to that, if you’re allowed to say anything about that?”

“No, I can say something,” replied Meyer. “I was hired to write a stand-alone Star Trek-related trilogy, [details of which] I can’t discuss or I’d have to kill you. I was writing it for CBS [All] Access...but at the moment CBS is at a war with Paramount/Viacom[about merging].

“They’re in a power struggle which turned really nasty this past week when CBSdecided to sue Viacom. So I don’t think my project is going anywhere in a hurry, because everything is on hold while they sort out this merger business. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.”

https://www.trektoday.com/content/2018/05/meyer-on-proposed-star-trek-miniseries/