Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

Enterprise And The Dominion Wars

Hey VBG, the Andorians have been mentioned on DS9. They had a cargo ship of some kind docked at DS9 once, but it was only a quick mention. While they were a founding species of the Federation, I think that they have gone in hiding so to speak. The romulans did this for years until they finally reappeared in the last episode of the first season of TNG. I would like to know where they all disspeared to myself!

P.S. If you wanna see an Andorian, check out "Captain's Holiday". There is an Andorian in the background on Risa.

Hey VBG, the Andorians have been mentioned on DS9.  They had a cargo ship of some kind docked at DS9 once, but it was only a quick mention.  While they were a founding species of the Federation, I think that they have gone in hiding so to speak.  The romulans did this for years until they finally reappeared in the last episode of the first season of TNG. I would like to know where they all disspeared to myself!

P.S. If you wanna see an Andorian, check out "Captain's Holiday". There is an Andorian in the background on Risa. 

Yeah, Jake goes to see the Andorian ship dock with Nog in "The Nagus". And if you watch the latest video I did you can see the Andorian in it when the Picard clip comes on.

But being a founding member of the Federation I dont think they would go into hiding. They are mentioned too many times through out TNG and DS9 for that. My question is why weren't they helping to defend the Alpha Quadrant and if they were how were they doing it?

Yeah, I would have been nice to see them in DS9. They would have suited the atmosphere of DS9 perfectly. I watched your clip recently and noticed the Andorian in it. I then realized I probably didn't need to mention it.

Though I did not myself personally review the intelligence gathered on the Federation starship Enterprise during the Dominion War,I did have access to those reports and know for a fact that the USS Enterprise-E participated in numerous campaigns throughout the course of that conflict.That vessel and her superior officer,Captain Jean-Luc Picard led an entire tactical wing of the Federation Starfleet and were stationed in a combat zone different from that of Deep Space Nine(my area of intelligence).

I wonder, where was the Enterprise during the dominion wars.

yes i always wondered this myself whilst watching DS9. like others i believed it was a matter of money. the other ideas mentioned sound great, but all hail the mighty dollar.

I don't think money was an issue. After all there have been a lot of crossovers in Trek so I don't think that bringingPicard in for one more episode would have made that much difference. There must be an answer to this question somewhere. One of the great things about Trek is that EVERYTHING has a reason for happening...

I also believe there is a reason for everything that happens in Trek series, too. And you can't always find that reason in front of the camera within the context of Trek storylines.

I always get a little frustrated when those TNG movies ignore DS9 and all the major happenings of that series ... Insurrection and Nemesis mainly. At least in First Contact we see Worf on the Defiant.

My husband put this into perspective for me though ... TNG movies don't really mention DS9, but DS9 was fairly remiss in not mentioning the Enterprise. It wouldn't even have taken a cameo appearance from any of the TNG crew ... just talking about them would have been plenty good enough.

You just get this feeling that there was a lot of competition between each of the series, which is really stupid since they were all under the same umbrella! Wouldn't plugging DS9 on Voyager and vice versa possible have improved rating for both shows??? And certainly mentioning DS9 more in the movies may have helped ratings for DS9 ... I don't know.

Too many roosters in the hen house is what I think.

And in NEMESIS was there any mention at all of an alliance with Romulus during the recent Dominion War? I don't remember if there was.

anyway, there are 2 TNG books set during the first Months of the war...but like I said..just books....great books...but just books.

I would love to know which books these are, as the same question has occured to me. Where were they during the Dominion wars. Also, are there any books about Shinzon's campaigns during the Dominion wars? As they mentioned in Nemesis. They give the impression that everyone was effected by this war so Ent-E had to in there somewhere.

Cheers!! :laugh:

In TNG the Dom. war has been mentioned in the movies insurrection i forget the exact quote in insurrection but somewhere along hte lines in Nemesis They talked about the Remans being involved in the Dom. war as troops. But i agree it wouldve been great to hear something about the Ent E in the Dominion war, i dont think they wanted to cross TNG over with Ds9 too much in fear that the series would turn out similar or people would only watch it for the TNG in it.. they wanted to develop DS9 on its own, give it some distinction

it is also entirely possible the Enterprise E was with the Seventh fleet, which I think was devestated AFTER Insurrection, and was in for repairs, and therefor unable to participate in Op: Final Assualt. however, the Enterprise E did take a beating in Insurrection, also. they lost their warp core and sustained major damage during their running battle with the Son'a. Remember, the Enterprise E did appear slightly different in Nemesis than in Insurrection, so a refit during the lapse isn't exactly out of the question. the Enterprise E also used 2 torpedo tubes we had never seen used before, those could be biproducts of a Dominion War refit.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

But being a founding member of the Federation I dont think they would go into hiding. They are mentioned too many times through out TNG and DS9 for that. My question is why weren't they helping to defend the Alpha Quadrant and if they were how were they doing it?

As members of Starfleet most likely. By the late 24th century, Federation members would not have individual militaries.

I also was thinking about this a few years ago, untill I read that they were on a different mission or were kept away from the war. Still would of been amazing if they had included at least one episode where Enterprise was shown or just atleast a big reference during the war arc.

The Enterprise D did once twice at DS9? Once during Birthright and then again in Emisary the DS9 pilot? As did the starship Voyager in Caretaker. Riker once contacted Quark via subspace radio to get information. There were other references i'm sure, mostly through Worf and cameos by Lwuxanna Troi and Vash. But I suppose the only thing linking the Enterprise E to DS9 was the Defiant being saved by the Enterprise E in First Contact and Worf's mention of married life in Insurrection et al.

In my imagination, the Enterprise E was deployed closer to home in that corner of the Alpha Quadrant during the Dominion War, rather than being out on the front line near DS9. Maybe the flagship was a symbol of pride and an idol for Star Fleet which couldn't be risked in such battle? Maybe Star Fleet thought that the crew had been through enough with the Borg and stuff? Who knows ... it's a big galaxy, we know that for sure.

I now have to admit, some years on, that perhaps it would have been fun to make an "Admiral Picard" Sisko's superior during the Dominion war, given Sisko's hatred and animosity towards Picard for the events surrounding the battle of Wolf 352 and the death of Jennifer, when Picard was linked to the Borg as Locutus. Star Trek would have benefited from more flashbacks (look at Desperate Housewives and the timeline jumping storylines which are produced as a result of that) andmaybe episodes set at the time of past events.