Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Julie Nimoy Remembers Her Dad on National COPD Awareness Day

thumb_17425d2e0348d9203643ef861c7f21a5a9

Today, November 15, is National COPD Awareness Day. The day is significant as it brings attention to the importance of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, which claims the lives of thousands of people throughout the United States each year. According to the American Lung Association, COPD is currently the third leading cause of death in this country. This day also has great meaning for me personally as my Dad not only struggled with this disease, but he also worked extremely hard to create awareness and attention prior to his passing from complications of COPD on February 27, 2015.

insetnimoycopd1.jpg

To honor my Dad’s legacy, my husband David and I produced a film, Remembering Leonard Nimoy, celebrating Dad’s life, career and his battle with COPD. The film is currently airing on many PBS stations across the country.

insetnimoy2.jpg

My Dad was one-of-a-kind, a man full of passion for his craft and the Arts, the love of his family and friends, and his desire to help everyone around him. His was a life cut way too short by this terrible disease.

To help honor and support my Dad’s memory, please check with your local PBS station for broadcast information or inquire if they would air Remembering Leonard Nimoy in the future. Thank you!

Julie Nimoy

View the full article