Sign in to follow this  
SuraksSoul

On A Matter Of "q"

Though this question has been asked many times before, I'll throw it out there anyways. Now that we are going to have the borg on Enterprise in "Regeneration", would it be to early to ponder if "Q" might be making a guest appearance on Enterprise? Personally, I hope this does not happen. However, what are your feelings on this matter?

I really liked Q on TNG and I think John DeLancie was great. Having said that I would prefer if Q did not pay Enterprise a visit. The Borg episode fits so well because of First Contact. To have Q just drop in on Enterprise wouldn't make sense to me.

I think in one TNG episode Q said that the Q had once been like humans and evolved to become the omnipotent beings that they were in the 24th Century. He didn't say when this step in their evolution happened. The only way I would want to see the Q on Enterprise would be if they had not evolved to that omnipotent state yet but were close.

They could bring Q on in a legit way but they would have to be careful about the storyline they write for it. Q being able to do anything, go anywhere and any time why not see him travel back to when humanity first began deep space travel?

That said, I don't think it would be a wise thing to do.

The only way I would want to see the Q on Enterprise would be if they had not evolved to that omnipotent state yet but were close.

that would be really cool, maybe Enterprise can do something that would make Q believe that humans are savages, therefore his encounter with Picard in TNG..

No, I think the writer's need to be creative and think of new plots and aliens to meet. Now, if they wanted to have John DeLancie in a guest role and make some tongue in cheek reference to Q that would be funny.

One of my favorite lines of his was in the short lived series Legend with Richard Dean Anderson. He was a brilliant scientist in the late 1800's and when he started his automobile he took off with the words "Make it So"

How about a different Q?

I think John DeLancie is so associated with Q that if they went with someone else it would be better to not use a member of the Continuum at all but that's just my opinion.

I like the idea of a Q episode, i have always loved episodes that feature a Q and the possibilities are endless! Myself and a friend were chatting the other day about the possibility of him sending the crew forward to DS9 or Voyager, since the actors are all still 'current' enough and won't have aged, though i doubt folks on here would like that by the sounds of things! lol

At the end of the day, if they are gonna do it we won't be able to stop them, we can only hope that they do it well and not ridiculously!

At the end of the day, if they are gonna do it we won't be able to stop them, we can only hope that they do it well and not ridiculously!

Well said. So many people were against having the Borg on Enterprise but the upcoming episode sounds really well done and in keeping with canon.

If they can come up with a premise for a Q visit that would work I'm for it. The main reason I would prefer not to have a Q visit though is that there are so many species from all of the other series as well as new ones to choose from that I would like to see more of that before Q pays a visit.

Indeed. They need to make sure that the timing is absolutely right first and then it will be great! I mean, that time might be in the next series, or maybe it won't be till the very last episode or something, but i am sure that if they are patient and don't rush out a gimmiky episode it will be cool and we will all enjoy and appreciate it. :laugh:

This was discussed in another thread here on the board....It would make no sense for Q to all of a sudden appear on Enterprise and I agree..De Lancie has made an impact that if they brought on another Q ( Like they did on TNG and Voyager) It would not seem like the same as we have all grown accustomed to him. For Q to appear on Enterprise would alter what he said when he 1st appeard on TNG...which I believe was something like " You humans have finnaly proven interesting" THEN again..The enterprise crew have been doing interesting stuff..maybe he could do a breif cameo where only the viewer would see? would that work?

Q is a big part of post OS S.T. and it is my belief he will make some sort of appearance on ENT eventually.

:tear:

It could be speculated that he has been hanging around watching what has been happening all along so if pitching story ideas were my responsibility, I would proposes an episode where we the viewers see him hanging from the girders talking to himself (sighing and groaning) as he witnesses the crew and what is occurring yet the crew themselves do not see him.

That idea is sooo good, u guys should pitch that to B+B! I would love to see Q hanging around un-noticed, being sarcastic etc that would be really funny! and also that shouldn't upset those people that will be penickety about it! :tear:

If he did say that humans were finally interesting on TNG then he definitely would have had to have had contact with humans in order to find them uninteresting in the past. I like the watching with them not knowing idea too Alterego.

I would love to see Q on Enterprise, but not in his traditional sort of appearance. I think the idea of his watching, and making comments without the crew being aware of his presence is great. Maybe having him doing little things to impede the crews efforts, having him give a commentary about there responses being uninteresting. That would be consistant with his TNG comment about humans "finally" becoming interesting. But I strongly that his appearance should not be known to the Q. Mainly because, well if Archer and his crew had encountered the Q do you really think that there would not have been a record of the Q, and that a warning would not have been included in Starfleets regs?

now a being such as a Q isnt really bound by time by our standards. so really if he said humans are finally getting interesting. couldnt that be a culmination of watching and interacting on the lowdown from archers time through picards time. after all whats a couple hundred years to Q. but in hindsight Q was never a thought or a mention in TOS so it really wouldnt work too well in ENT, unless it was like a covert thing where he was just watching or interacting under disguise.

I think that is what I said. Q on ENT could be shown watching the proceedings, becoming bored out of his mind, leaving with the parting shot; Oh Pleeeese... Maybe in a couple hundred years

I think that is what I said. Q on ENT could be shown watching the proceedings, becoming bored out of his mind, leaving with the parting shot; Oh Pleeeese... Maybe in a couple hundred years

yeah i guess we all said the same thing you did, maybe with a twist, but it was your idea.

As with everything I believe it really depends on how the writers brought him into the show.

I like Q a lot, but I don’t think that he should be in ENT.

However, they could bring in someone like Quinn (I think that’s his name . . . I don’t remember I’m probably wrong, but he was from TOS that seemed to have the same abilities as a Q and so might of actually been one and just did not announce that he was a q)

But f they have a good idea of how they could bring in him then I would support it

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I seem to remember that it is widely excepted that the Squire of Gothos from TOS was a young Q. Am I mistaken in this?

Also, as a side note, I know that Guinans race is extremely long lived. Wonder if she is "old enough" to be seen on ENT. I know it's a stretch, but I wonder?

Wonder if she is "old enough" to be seen on ENT.  I know it's a stretch, but I wonder?

Yes she is old enough. if you recall the episode where TNG crew went back to Mark Twains time, and found Guinan, so yes shes definately old enough to be on ENTERPRISE. i cant remember the name of the episode. But its the one where they found Datas head on the planet with time traveling creatures.