Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Tribbles

Thought I'd try to start a topic on one of my favorite Trek creatures..Yes that's right..It's the Tribble! I tried a poll in the DS9 forum but not many responded to it so I thought I would try something similar here..

How do you think the Tribble home world was destroyed as Worf described in Trials and Tribble-ations? Did the Klingons just nuke the planet and then hunt down every last Tribble and destroy them?

I think it's more likely that the Klingons beamed down troops and used their disruptors to kill all of the Tribbles..Then go on a Tribble hunt throughout the universe..I think the Tribble planet is in tact and could be re-populated..

And what do you think happened to the Tribbles on DS9 at the end of Trials and Tribble-ations? I'll let you use your imagination with this one. I listed options in the poll I placed in the DS9 forum..

I myself think that Sisco found a way to re-populate the Tribble homeworld. It's the humane thing to do..

What do you all think?

Edited by spacetigger

lol...oh, that would be precious. Can you see Sisko asking Gowron for information on where the tribble home world is? And telling him why he wants to know?! This would be a great fanfic idea - couple that with finding out that the tribbles have some low level of sentience, and you not only have a humorous story, but one with relatively evil connotations.

Actually, hearing Worf sing songs of the Great Tribble Hunt, as Odo calls it, would be a great high point.

LOL...I think in terms of fanfic too much...

lol...oh, that would be precious.  Can you see Sisko asking Gowron for information on where the tribble home world is?  And telling him why he wants to know?!  This would be a great fanfic idea - couple that with finding out that the tribbles have some low level of sentience, and you not only have a humorous story, but one with relatively evil connotations.

Actually, hearing Worf sing songs of the Great Tribble Hunt, as Odo calls it, would be a great high point.

LOL...I think in terms of fanfic too much...

Yeah, that does sound like it could be a quite entertaining story..Course, I would like any story that has to do with Tribbles and Klingons..!..Unfortunately I'm not very creative..Anyone want to take this idea and run with it?..

Well we all love the little fuzzy's... :elephant: As Dr Mc Coy said they are born preagnt makes a real time saver... :)

I think tribbles would make a great pet, if there's any Dr Moreau types reading this thread get to work. Nut's to hyena people I want my tribble!

I've always wondered how tribbles keep all that fur so neat and clean. They must have a looooong tongue under all that hair.

well someone's mind's in the gutter isn't it :)

I confess it's me :elephant:

Eeeeeew! Fenriz! I meant a long tongue for grooming, like how kitties clean themselves with their tongues.

if I had a nickel for all the times I get eeeewwww!, I'd be a rich man. Still insane but rich. B)  B)

173051[/snapback]

Lmao, priceless B)

On topic though, I kept wondering. The Tribbles reproduce like... well, bunnies dont even come close with the Tribbles being born pregnant and all. About their homeworld... fit the Tribble's expand exponentionally, at a given moment, there simply is no more space left. What happens them, would we get like an entire planet covered in Tribble's? And with that, all the food runs out as well... would they turn to cannibalism in order to survive?