• ST III:The Search for Spock
    • ST IV:The Voyage Home
    • ST V:The Final Frontier
    • ST VI:The Undiscovered Country
    • ST:Generations
    • ST:First Contact
    • ST:Insurrection
    • ST:Nemesis

Inspired by the 'Worst Movie Ever' topic. So, which Trek movie was the worst? Not, that I would complain about any Trek movie but...

I think that Insurrection and Nemesis have just about killed any hopes for another TNG movie..My opinion is they had better go in another direction. Anyway I had a hard time choosing which was worst;Insurrection or Nemesis...

Guess, I'll go with Insurrection..That one was bad..

I don't believe any of the movies are bad, so I can't say there's a "worst". As for Insurrection and Nemesis killing the chance for a 5th TNG movie? I thought INS rocked! As fr NEM, I'd have to agree, but for different reasons: Riker got promoted and married Troi, both left for the Titan. Data died. Patrick Stewart "Captain Picard" isn't interrested in doing a 5th movie due to poor box office. So, unless the next movie has Riker as the lead, I think it's time to move on to DS9 or VOY on the big screen.

This was pretty easy for me, ST: V The Final Frontier was the worst movie yet.

I also liked Insurrection, it is my second TNG favourite, right after FC.

Edited by Stelfan

I don't believe any of the movies are bad, so I can't say there's a "worst".  As for Insurrection and Nemesis killing the chance for a 5th TNG movie?  I thought INS rocked!  As fr NEM, I'd have to agree, but for different reasons: Riker got promoted and married Troi, both left for the Titan.  Data died.  Patrick Stewart "Captain Picard" isn't interrested in doing a 5th movie due to poor box office.  So, unless the next movie has Riker as the lead, I think it's time to move on to DS9 or VOY on the big screen.

None of the movies are bad except for Insurrection and Nemesis, in my opinion..TNG certainly didn't continue the torch of good Trek movies..First Contact is the only one worth re-watching..OK, so you don't think any of them are bad? Perhaps I should have you used different words..How about this:

Which movie did you like the least?

Which movie did you like the least?

I like all of them equally, except for #9 which is my favorite. :laugh:

You like Insurrection better than First Contact ?! :laugh: Wow, to each his own..

NEMISIS was terrible! It is by far the worst Star Trek movie ever made in my opinion. Especially since Data died in the end.

Actually, I thought Data's death was one of the movie's strengths. I don't buy the "Data's sacrifice was the ultimate human expression" idea that's out there. Rather, I simply saw Data's death scene as a moving scene where Data sacrifices his own life, despite him being a uniuqe android with no one to cary on his legacy, to save his Captain and friend. The end of the movie made it even better in that Picard discovers that B4 has begun assimilating Data's memories - that the Soong legacy lives on.

I think the main reason to kill off Data, however, was due to Brent Spiner's age "starting" to show through the makeup.

Okay, my vote was for V only because I thought it could be a really good movie had Shatner used his head for the movie and not promotion...In my opinion. I realize that there are a lot of people involved in the making of a movie; but when it's the directors' "baby" then he's responsible. Hope I don't offend anyone.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. RL hit hard the last three months, I lost my Gramma, my Mother-in-law, and a family friend. Hopefully I'll be able to be around more now that things have calmed down...a tad. :lol: Now lets go see if I can remember how to 'personalize' this thing! :laugh:

Katy

:laugh:

Well spacetigger this was very difficult, I hate talking smack about any Trek at all but if I must choose one then it's NEM because I've rewatched it the least of the bunch, only twice.

ST V for me, Not that I hate it, Just that it's my least favorite.

Edited by Derro

Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier. The only Star Trek film that I really dislike because it was a waste of a good group of actors as was shown in the previous film.

My favorite films are:

1. ST2 The Wrath of Khan

2. ST4 The Voyage Home

3. ST3 The Search for Spock

4. ST The Motion Picture

5. ST First Contact

6. ST6 The Undiscovered Country

As you can see I'm a bit of an old school fan.

As soon as I saw the name for this topic, all I could say was "FIVE!, FIVE!, FIVE!, FIVE!, ...."

The Final Frontier was by far the worst of the Trek movies. Want to know how bad I think it is? I refuse to own it! That's right, I have all the others, and have for some time, but I'd be perfectly fine w/ not seeing TFF ever again. The acting was bad; the effects were subpar; the storyline was worse.

Of course this is all just my opinion... :laugh:

The Final Frontier was by far the worst of the Trek movies. Want to know how bad I think it is? I refuse to own it! That's right, I have all the others, and have for some time, but I'd be perfectly fine w/ not seeing TFF ever again.

Yeah. My opinion for NEM is the same.

As soon as I saw the name for this topic, all I could say was "FIVE!, FIVE!, FIVE!, FIVE!, ...."

The Final Frontier was by far the worst of the Trek movies. Want to know how bad I think it is? I refuse to own it! That's right, I have all the others, and have for some time, but I'd be perfectly fine w/ not seeing TFF ever again. The acting was bad; the effects were subpar; the storyline was worse.

Don't worry, I feel the same. I've had the video of ST5 since it first came out however I certainly won't buy the new DVDs as I have for all the other films so far.

On the issue of the new DVDs, does anyone else which that the Directors Cut of TMP had not cut as much as it did?

Don't worry, I feel the same. I've had the video of ST5 since it first came out however I certainly won't buy the new DVDs as I have for all the other films so far.

On the issue of the new DVDs, does anyone else which that the Directors Cut of TMP had not cut as much as it did?

Yeah, I could have predicted that lots of people would vote for ST:V..I know most everybody dislikes that movie. It certainly isn't 1 of my favorites but it isn't as bad as everybody thinks..Well, this is only my opinion. I do have the new DVD and do watch it occasionally..I'd watch that before Insurrection or Nemesis! Again, my opinion..That's why I started this topic..To get opinions on the Trek movies..

Yes TM, I do wish they didn't cut a lot of scenes from the directors cut of ST:TMP..But I like both versions really..And since I only have the Directors cut version it's the only one I see!

Insurrection for me. It's just not the kind of movie I'd like to watch a second time. :o (and I won't do so)

I mean, Star Trek is not a comedy show. And not a daily soap either. *thinks of a certain woman* :laugh::laugh: :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Darn it, I went to hit ST:V which was my choice, but hit VI instead. Oh well, though I favor the TNG movies, I did see all ten films...Star Trek V held my interest the least.

Star Trek II & IV are my favorites from TOS

First Contact is my favorite for TNG, with Nemesis a close second.

Darn it, I went to hit ST:V which was my choice, but hit VI instead. Oh well, though I favor the TNG movies, I did see all ten films...Star Trek V held my interest the least.

Star Trek II & IV are my favorites from TOS

First Contact is my favorite for TNG, with Nemesis a close second.

I was wondering who the heck voted for The Undiscovered Country that is one of my favorites.

Insurrection tries to be a touching human story, but it morphes into an action piece, with reasoning that I still can't quite work out. (By my count the needs of the many still out weigh the needs of the few, but that's for another thread)

Nemisis could have been a political/ human drama with a good battle at the end, but Stuart Baird cut out the heart of Nemisis, and exchanged it for a 35 minute battle. The action is good, but that is not at all how I wanted TNG to go out.

However, I can watch both Insurrection and Nemisis and still by some what entertained. But the Final Frontier is a some what decent build, to some thing that could have been grand (I mean meeting God). But it turns out to be just another alien entity. Just another Klingon Commander. Just anothetr confused Vulcan. It is my least favorite installment of Star Trek.

Five was pretty bad - Roddenberry concidered the story of Spocks brother to be apocraphyl. But three was BAD! It was so bad it actually became good in a campy way. So I affectionately nominate "The Search for Spock" as the worst.

KLINGON BASTARDS!

Well for how good it could have been, yeah it was quite lowsy. It isn't really bad aside from the Klingons. First of all, I don't buy Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon, Kirk and Kruge's fight is extremely corny (I've never seen a man near or at his fifties do a back flip), and the acting is fairly corney in several spots. At the same time I can't in good conscience say that that it's worse than Final Frontier.

The movie does linger quite a bit. Like when Kirk and Scotty are aproaching the Enterprise or when the Enterprise enters the cloud around V'ger. Those scenes are three times as long as they need to be.

The movie does linger quite a bit. Like when Kirk and Scotty are aproaching the Enterprise or when the Enterprise enters the cloud around V'ger. Those scenes are three times as long as they need to be.

Whut? :) Those are two of the best scenes in the movie! :lol:

I voted for "Generations" because there was so much promise for that movie and it just did not deliver. The movie was touted as the "old school" meeting "the next generation." I had high hopes. I thought maybe both CREWS would meet via a time warp or something, and the TOS and TNG crews would join forces to save the universe once again. What did I get? My beloved James T. Kirk getting killed in a fist fight!!! What a let down!!

I voted for "Generations" because there was so much promise for that movie and it just did not deliver.  The movie was touted as the "old school" meeting "the next generation."  I had high hopes.  I thought maybe both CREWS would meet via a time warp or something, and the TOS and TNG crews would join forces to save the universe once again.  What did I get?  My beloved James T. Kirk getting killed in a fist fight!!!  What a let down!!

I think you set your expectations to high, as I loved the movie and am both a TOS & TNG fan.

As for being let down? The movie was advertised as a Kirk/Picard story, not a TOS/TNG story. ;) Oh, and Kirk was killed by the mighty, rusty bridge, not a fist fight.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard