Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Deanna Troi on "Voyager"

Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation appeared in the below 3 episodes:

Pathfinder

Life Line

Inside Man

How did you feel about seeing her again on VOY while waiting for NEMESIS. To those who found VOY before TNG, how did you feel about seeing Deanna?

Well, I didn't find VOY before TNG, but I thought pulling Deanna into those storylines was an excellent idea. It fit without being far-fetched, she mentioned the Enterprise for a little added continuity, and it was obvious that Reg would always need some kind of psychological help nearby. Using Deanna instead of bringing in a new character worked, imo, and I'm glad Marina agreed to do it.

I always was a fan of "bringing a character from one series into the other" (except ENT, it wouldn't make much sense there, IMO :o ).

That's why I like the Deanna Troi appearances in VOY a lot. I've always enjoyed her attempts in making Reg less nervous :laugh:

I also loved Jonathan Frakes' guest appearance on VOY. It was funny somehow :laugh:

So, I really liked it to see Deanna and Will again in VOY. :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I think it was just great. I love it when characters from different series are able to interact. It makes the whole world of Star Trek that much more real and convincing. They don't all exist separately, and this small connection proves that.

And I actually like Deanna more when she's on Voyager than when she's on TNG, if that makes any sense at all.

I liked seeing Deanna Troi on ST:VOY. It was a great idea to encorporate this character into this series.

Riker, Q, La Forge and then Troi. Hmmm. And all 70,000 light years away from home. Well, I suppose it was interesting to see them. Troi looked completely different without the lilac cat suit and big wig - a lot more 'real'.

Riker, Q, La Forge and then Troi. Hmmm. And all 70,000 light years away from home. Well, I suppose it was interesting to see them. Troi looked completely different without the lilac cat suit and big wig - a lot more 'real'.

Riker was "flashed" from the past to Voyager, by Q. Remember how he had a TNG-style comm badge? As for Q, he can go anywhere anytime. LaForge was in the Beta Quadrant, in an alternate future. Troi was on Earth the first time, Jupiter station the second time, and Earth again for the third time. So, the only characters to actually go to the DQ were Q, and Riker via Q's flashing him there. :borg2:

I'd say it was more than interresting, but fun and exciting! :assimilated: As for Troi, I don't remember her wearring a catsuit on TNG, yes, she wore outfits that showed off her figure, but nothing outrageous, I feel. As for the "Deanna Troi hair", I agree, I thought it was a nice change to see her "real hair" after GENERATIONS.

As for Troi, I don't remember her wearring a catsuit on TNG, yes, she wore outfits that showed off her figure, but nothing outrageous, I feel.

It was definatley a catsuit. It does not bother me either way but as I was watching some TNG eps lately it reminded me of some recent discussions of T'Pols wardrobe. Deanna's outfits were just as skin tight as anything T'pol is wearing. It's just nobody made such a big deal about it back then.

As for Troi, I don't remember her wearring a catsuit on TNG, yes, she wore outfits that showed off her figure, but nothing outrageous, I feel.

It was definatley a catsuit. It does not bother me either way but as I was watching some TNG eps lately it reminded me of some recent discussions of T'Pols wardrobe. Deanna's outfits were just as skin tight as anything T'pol is wearing. It's just nobody made such a big deal about it back then.

It's because she wasn't wearring a catsuit. :bow:

I think she's referring to the purple jumper, and yes, it was close-enough to a catsuit imo.

I thought it was a nice touch, and it was also to see Lt. Barclay as well. Also I thought it was cool to throw "Captain" LaForge in there too.

Deanna Troi was like a curse on TNG. One of the worst ever Star Trek characters.

Now, as if VOY wasn't bad enough, what do they do?

They bring Deanna Troi into it.

No wonder Star Trek declined so badly.

I think it was just great. I love it when characters from different series are able to interact. It makes the whole world of Star Trek that much more real and convincing. They don't all exist separately, and this small connection proves that.

I totally agree! Well said. :notworthy:

I realy liked all the TNG appearances in Voyager, as someone else said, it shows that they all exist in the same universe which sometimes you could forget

Q, Deanna, Riker, Barklay, Geordi....all realy great appearances