What is the purpose of New Year's Day  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is the purpose of New Year's Day

• Take stock of our lives and set goals for the future
    • Take down the Christmas Tree
    • Sleep off the hangover from last nights party
    • Watch the Scifi channel marathon
    • Huh?

I have a reason for cellebrating New Year's.

Another year's gone by, we're still here, and we've got loads to accomplish in the future still to come, so here's to another year on Earth!

That's what I said.

I celebrate that I do not start the new year with a hangover.

Edited by Indy

*off topic comment* You know what's good to prevent HO's? Red Bull. Have mixed drinks mixed with it or a can during the "festivities" and it sweeps up HO causing toxins and, it's a little cheaper than pills designed to do the same thing. *has shot of Jagermeister with Red Bull chaser* Hic*

*off topic comment* You know what's good to prevent HO's? Red Bull. Have mixed drinks mixed with it or a can during the "festivities" and it sweeps up HO causing toxins and, it's a little cheaper than pills designed to do the same thing. *has shot of Jagermeister with Red Bull chaser* Hic*

104046[/snapback]

I'm not sure of the validity of this method - never thought of it really - but I do know that Red Bull dehydrates you. (So does alcohol by the way.) Dehydration is a known cause of headaches and nausea.

So while you may avoid having a hangover per se you may not avoid the *symptoms* of a hangover.

104046[/snapback]

I'm not sure of the validity of this method - never thought of it really - but I do know that Red Bull dehydrates you. (So does alcohol by the way.) Dehydration is a known cause of headaches and nausea.

So while you may avoid having a hangover per se you may not avoid the *symptoms* of a hangover.

292851[/snapback]

It may not be perfect but it worked(s) for me, :assimilated: you could at least try and see for yourself...

To celebrate the completion of yet another trip around the sun. So far I've traveled around the sun 35 times, in March it will mark my 36th complete trip.

Actually I'm working a holiday job with someone who works for a liquor distributor, and she said the last 2 months of the year are when they make all their money, so you're right on with that accessment. :assimilated:

New Year's... a time to say, "Maybe this year will not be as messed up as last year. Hopefully I can put my life back on track." Of course, for now I am just going watch the SciFi marathon. :assimilated:

Take Stock Of our Lives and set Goals for the Future("those that made some type of Resolution for the coming year").

and I only work till Noon Dec 31

:assimilated::wow: :huh: :)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Celebrating the New Year gives me the opportunity to reflect over the year that has past....giving thanks for all of the blessings I've received; giving thanks for all that I have learned and thanks for all of the challenges that I have been able to conquer. I also celebrate that fact that I am still living. And I celebrate the lives of those that I love and still have in my life. In addition I also pray that the year I am about to face will have many blessings for those I love and as well as for myself.

Take stock of our lives and set goals for the future

Also, it's a time to reflect on our actions over the past year and see how they'll affect the next upcoming year. It seems like a fresh new start.