• James T. Kirk
    • Willard Decker (briefly)
    • Spock
    • John Harriman
    • Rachel Garrett
    • Jean-Luc Picard
    • William T. Riker (briefly)
    • Edward Jellico (briefly)

Yes, there's an "Enterprise captain" poll. However, this one is for captains of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 and her successors only.

I listed everyone in order of when they first commanded the Enterprise. If I forgot to mention anyone, please feel free to say who and include if it was only briefly.

For me, it's Jean-Luc Picard!. B)

Almost forgot. I didn't include Robert April becuase he was never seen on screen. (I'm not counting TAS.)

My favorites are Picard and Kirk but I choose Picard! CJLP, why did you choose not to include Jon Archer? Sure, his Enterprise might be 01 rather than 1701 but I don't see why he should be discounted because of that. How come you do?

There's been a total of 7 Starships named Enterprise, however I consider the NX-01 to be one Enterprise and the NCC-1701 to be another Enterprise which has been rebuilt time and time again over the years. While the NX-01 and NCC-1701 have the same name, I don't see them being in the same linear as 1701, A, B, C, D, & E. Does that make sense?

My fave Enterprise Captain is James T. Kirk....

Just kidding! B) (no offense meant against Kirk *lol*)

Jean-Luc Picard is my fave captain, of course. All the others... well, they are also great, but Jean-Luc ( B) ) is the greatest.

So, my vote goes to Jean-Luc. Like always. B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I actually find the choice between Kirk and Picard difficult because I like them both in their own ways. Since I could only vote for one I voted Kirk - I've enjoyed every series but when it comes down to it Enterprise is Kirk's ship.

I also agree with Captain Bolivar - the difference between a constitution class ship and a galaxy class is about the same as between an nx class and constitution class to me.

Ya I see what you mean CJLP. Jon Archer is the only one that isn't 1701. But I don't think it is the number that is important. I think it is the name: Enterprise. That is what is important to me. They didn't write in to have the shuttle named the 1701... it became the Enterprise. But it's ok to go by number instead! B)

1- Picard

2- Spock

3- Kirk

4- Garrett

Dunno, guess I like the coolheaded type of captain a little more than Kirk. These four are still pretty close for me, though.

Ya I see what you mean CJLP.  Jon Archer is the only one that isn't 1701.  But I don't think it is the number that is important.  I think it is the name: Enterprise.  That is what is important to me.  They didn't write in to have the shuttle named the 1701... it became the Enterprise.  But it's ok to go by number instead! B)

Well, there's a reason I went by number.

NX-01 Enterprise - Named after Space Shuttle.

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 - Named after NX-01 Enterprise.

Enterprises A-E - Named after NCC-1701.

I dunno, I just see Archer's Enterprise and Kirk's Enterprise, and it's successors, as two groups of Enterprises. Comparring Archer's ENT to Kirk's ENT, to me, is like comparring the TOS Defiant to the NX-74205 seen on DS9.

Stardate:213987.3

James Tiberious Kirk

followed by Picard,Riker,Pike ....

Kirk who else??????

James I. Kirk is THE hero of my youth - there could be no other choice for me as captain of the 1701.

Considering the NX01, well, that's a different topic :dude:

Captain Jean-Luc Picard is my favorite Enterprise Captain.

I like Captain James T. Kirk also but there is something about a man with an accent. I love to hear a man with an accent because he seems to carry himself with respect and dignity even if he may be the lowest man on the face of the earth.

:dude::dude::grin:

jellico was a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) ,i can see why calhoun knocked his arss out . :dude:

I voted Picard, of course.

A note on Rachel Garret: we only see her in what, 1 episode? How can you really get an estimate of a character from that? (Yes, we do see that she wants to return to duty... but so would practically everyone else)

A note on Jellico: Votes for Jellico? Eek.

What about Captain April? Tie in between Kirk and Picard I choose Picard.

Captain April is from the animated series. Since that wasn't a live-action show, I didn't feel the need to include him anymore than I would a captain from, say, a book series. :dude:

No contest-

As much as I like Picard, Capt. Kirk is the original.

The man is a hoss, just watch him in a fist fight (he invented Star Fleets deadliest move, the double handed karate chop!) And he's a devil with the ladies.

I am disappointed that Archer was excluded.

My favorite NCC 1701 Captain is Kirk. However my favorite Enterprise Captain is Jonathan Archer!!!

I voted for Riker, of course. ;) Hey, he did a great job while he was in charge. After that Picard, then Kirk.