Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

What Do You Think Of This Forum?

What do you think of this forum?

My view is that it is one of the best around as people on here allow you to express your views without shouting you down if they disagree. I like discussing issues and listening to different arguments but I just turn off when someone’s argument is that you are not a fan if your opinion is different to theirs.

Well done everyone! :laugh:

OMG< do i agree. I got so tired of that on the other board. Or that name calling, spamming or those who could not enjoy a nice little friendly debate. Some of our talks here may get heated, but i have not seem any name calling and since this board is looked over (Happy about that) i doubt we will see it.

I love a good debate. I have learned from many peoples views even at times when they differ from mine. I love it. and i love that we were kindly given this chance to all prove that we could be adults, even those of us who are under the age of 18! :wow::laugh:

It is a great community! It has a nice design to it and ease of use. We also seem to have some great users here which makes it a fun place to be a part of and to communicate with others. I definitely place this as one of my favorite communities. And I think we should all thank VaBeachGuy for creating it.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I love his place! :laugh: I lurked on the other board but never joined.

You are like I was....On ST.com I did sign up, but on TrekBBS and TerranBBS I just lurked there reading the other posts but never regesterring at either(they ankle bite and bash each other worse at the TrekBBS than any of the others!) I am so glad we have this wonderful board!!

From what I have seen, these are really great boards. Props to the admin/moderators for getting a great board like this online. I can't wait to hopfully be more part of the community. Also, great spoiler feature. I just tried it, and now I think every message board on the Internet should have it. Its cool.

I do have one complaint though. What I finish reading a post, the insignia doesn't turn white when I go back to the main page. I heard it was a bug, so hopfully its a bug that will be sqashed soon.

Guest Ktrek

I agree this is a GREAT board! I have been on most every ST board out there and on several email lists but I have had more fun since learning about Startrekfans.net than anyplace else on the net. Keep up the good work VBG! If you were a woman I'd kiss ya! kiss2.gifroflmao.gif:laugh:

Ktrek

I love this board, I posted a few times on ST.com but lost interest, then one day i was looking around and found a link to startrekfans.net. I came to a board that had 39 members, and only a few forums, most of which had just a few post, like one or two. I signed up figured why not. It's been bliss ever since, it's been great to see this place grow from that old board to this one, our own little city, with out the big city problems. Thanks to VBG for building this place and keeping it so well maintained, thanks to Alterego, and my fellow MODS for the great work you guys do, and to the crew for posting, and giving us things to moderate :laugh:Keep it up.

I am really gratified that so many people enjoy this board. It's become so much more then I ever expected and I've had so much fun creating and upgrading and expanding etc... poguemahone, we sure have changed and grown from what that original board was haven't we? On that original board we had about 600 total posts and now we're getting around 500 per day and closing in on 10,000 total postings. It's exciting to watch the board take on a life of it's own.

This board is much better than the official Star Trek board in design. I do not understand why they haven't improved theirs?

I haven't really been here that much to judge the content, but it is nice to browse, although the excessive page width is annoying, but I can live with it.

The InfoPop forum software is better but more expensive. I understand Invision is free so long as you advertise their product name?

Well done.

I hope to visit more often as the year goes by.

It is most refreshing to find a message board where there isn't any critisim or screaming or people posting spam...and the fact that ppl actually listen and respond to posts! I've said it before..and I'll say ot again..Wadda go VabeachGuy :tear:

Mention must also be made for the Members of this site, without them I would be looking at a blank screen and twiddling my thumbs.

Thanks to all the fine people here which are making this site all that it can be and in the process, giving me things to think about Trek in ways I had only dreamed of happening before I made the choice to go online seeking fellow Trek Lovers.

YOU ALL ROCK!

:) :D:tear: :( :) :D :P :lol: :P ;)

This board is much better than the official Star Trek board in design. I do not understand why they haven't improved theirs?

I haven't really been here that much to judge the content, but it is nice to browse, although the excessive page width is annoying, but I can live with it.

The InfoPop forum software is better but more expensive. I understand Invision is free so long as you advertise their product name?

Well done.

I hope to visit more often as the year goes by.

Use of the Invision software is free, the hosting service has a monthly srevice charge though.

yepper, this is a great sight, i even made it my home page on outlook express.VBG you did a great job, and for the rest of ya's who had a hand in its creation or evolution, here here. may we continue to enjoy this for a long time to come. :)

This is truly a GREAT site. Even though I have only been a member for less than a week, I love it here. I have become a little addicted though. I have spent the last couple of years seeking fellow trek fans online, but everywhere I went I ended up being attacked at one point or another, and the posts usually lacked tolerance for differing opinions. I thank VBG and all of the MODS for keeping this a safe haven for all. My only question is how do you become a MOD?

I've never been to sucha friendly message board. Everyone here is great. VBG and Alterego, you've done a fabulous job! Thank you so much :)