Sign in to follow this  
removed

Elite Force II

When does Elite Force II come out for the PC? Man, I've been waiting a long time for that game. The first one rocks and now the TNG crew makes it 100x better.

i read that review but saw nothing about single player holomatch. that was one of my favorite parts of ef and i would love that to be in ef2

I played through about 1/2 of this game...haven't had a chance to finish it. So far the game looks and plays great, but I think I liked the storyline of the first game better. I'll post again when I've finished it.

I do think the Quake engine has been tweaked to its fullest extent...starting to show some age...

:laugh: <---this one is great!

Anyone else played this? I DLed the demo but it was pretty lame. It looks good, but there was a silly part where if you don't do something within a certain time-frame, you die and have to keep repeating it until you get it right. There seemed to be pretty well no way to do it right the first time except by a lucky choice of which corridor/room to walk into, then hitting the right button - no time to think about it. This kind of thing drives me nuts in games since you can end up having to repeat the same sequence again, and again... and again. Ugh.

It looks good, but is no better than similar games. I just got BF1942 which seemed way better based on the demo.

Believe it or not, I HATED the demo as well (and still didn't even like the level when I played it in the game) but I took a chance on the game and the rest of it is MUCH better than the demo that was released.

Hi Mofo,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think it could be as bad as it was. I'm not sure why they bothered to release that one as a demo, but anyway. I'll probably take a chance on it as you did. The graphics are nice and it runs smoothly, so it can't be all that bad.

Cheers,

Red Shirt Volunteer

I'm of the opinion that if the demo is sucky, it really hurts the game's retail chances. There are much better levels in Elite Force II that should have been the demo level. The only reason I got EFII when I did was because back in September, EB Games had a $19.99 web special, so I took a chance on it.