Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Time-stream...

Another thing that has got me thinking about the episode that i also discussed in my last topic..

This new "reality" that Harry enters.. Is this only there when he is there? And will it disappear when he is gone? That can hardly be true..

This must rather be another dimension, another world. And the rules of the prime directive should apply just as same as if he was visiting another planet.

Why can he now try to tell everyone about it, and then blow up a ship and kill Paris.. :laugh: These incidents will most surely affect that dimension and that should be a direct violation against the Prime Directive..

And even though Paris is in that dimension doesn't mean that he is but one person.. He must exist in both places.

And so killing him there won't change anything on Voyager, since he is already there, and so Harry just killed Tom Paris in that dimension, end of story.

Also it is very strange that Tom Paris exists in this other dimension, but Harry Kim does not until he is brought there? Does the "other" Harry just disappear when the shuttlepod goes through to later on reappear again when he is gone..

The whole Episode is a little confusing.. Does anyone have another view or explanation?

By the way, I really like Voyager, so I am not just trying to badmouth the series :wow:

whew..and I've seen the ep u are talking about..and yet it made sense at the time.. :tear: Thought I'd be of no help at all here..but now you've got me curious.

The "timeline" that Harry crashed into, didn't exist till his shuttle accident. The moment he was there, he had never been on Voyager. Well, he retains the personallity of the previous timeline, so he was on Voyager, only he wasn't. It's a little confusing. Anyway, when Harry was beamed into space just before the runabout (like the ones on DS9) exploded, Harry had been sent back to the shuttle that crashed into the time stream, thus the timeline was repaired, thus Tom never died and that runabout prototype never existed.

Still confused? :tear:

so this new timeline is being created only once he crashes into it.. well, how can he crash into it if it is not created until he is there?.. and where is the old Harry that has lived his life on earth?

Well, he doesn't crash into the "other timeline." His crashing into the timestream "creates" that other timeline, thus Harry is now on Earth. The timeline where he was on Voyager no longer exists. When Tom beams Harry into the timestream just before the runabout explodes, the timeline is changed back to it's proper form, thus Harry and Tom aren't living on Earth, the Yellowstone (runabout prototype) never existed, and Harry was back in the shuttle that was about to explode.

Still don't get it? Here's the simple version.

1. Harry's shuttle crashes into timestream.

2. The timestream-crash messes arround with time, landing Harry & Tom on Earth, but with Voyager still in the Delta Quadrant.

3. Harry goes off to make things right.

4. Tom beams Harry into the timestream, Yellowstone explodes.

5. Time's "shifted" back to the way it's suppose to be, with Tom & Harry back on Voyager.

Basically, time "changed" into this alternate timeline, and Harry had to change it back, in order to get home.

Okay, I had no confusion about this episode, until now. I am going to have to re watch it now, because I am so confused after reading this. Guess this would fall under a paradox?

I never used to have any confusion about these shows but now that you guys have me thinking about it, instead of just accepting it, I am so confused.........

I never used to have any confusion about these shows but now that you guys have me thinking about it, instead of just accepting it, I am so confused.........

That is the danger. I discuss these things but still accept Trek for the great programming that it is.

I thought that the timestream universe was created by a Q. So therefore it could be erased if it was only created for Harry Kim.