Sign in to follow this  
Derro

Poor man's EMP

I was reading a Scientific American magazine one day and found an article about Non-Nuclear EMP weapon's. Apparently these weapon's can be built for as little as $400 US, even one's capable of defeating Faraday cages.

Very interesting!  I have one question though!  I know who Faraday is, but what is a Faraday Cage? 

It's a cage used mostly to protect sensitive electronic's from various EM disturbances and is the primary type of EMP shielding used.

To learn more go to this site Faraday cage - Wikipedia

There's a site that directly refers to Faraday cages as a type of EMP shielding but it looks like a survivalist site. It tells you more about how to make Faraday Cages than How they work.

Edited by Derro

If you were to detonate your homemade EMP in you truck, then your truck would immediately stop working. Mabye you need to do a little more homework on Electromagnetic Pulse Weaponry.

actually i have, didn't u see the Discovery special where future police cars will have

emp pulse weapons where they can disable the electronics of a car they are n pursuit of.....i just want to beat them to it.

Build one??? Is this a good topic for this site? What about the kids?