Sign in to follow this  
Derro

Birthplace

I was bored and I wanted to know where people were born. No apparent reason, Just curious.

As for me I was born in Palmerston North, New Zealand

I was born in Karlsruhe, Germany.  :dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Hey great, Karlsruhe is pretty close to where I was born and still live: Ludwigshafen, Germany

Kenora, Ontario

Kenora is the proud hometown of former world class decathlete Michael Smith (I actually lived a couple doors down from him for a year before I moved from Kenora).

Kenora is the smallest centre to ever win the Stanley Cup. The Kenora Thistles won it in 1907. The most well known player on the team is the late Art Ross, who later was a coach and general manager of the Boston Bruins and donated a trophy to the NHL to be awarded to the points leader during the regular season (the Art Ross Trophy).

My interest in genealogy began when I discovered that my great-grandparents (on my mother's side) were married in Rat Portage (name later changed to Kenora - btw the rat is from muskrat not the rodent).

The U.S?  Nobody's referred to that for 400 years! :dude:

(I'm posting in character. :dude: )

The U.S. is not a country but France is? Nowhere have I heard the United States ceased to exist.

It's difficult to figure out. I was looking at st.com for birthplaces of characters.

American born characters:

Janeway: Indiana, North America

Riker: Valdez, Alaska, Earth

Kirk: Riverside, Iowa, Earth

Sulu: San Francisco, Earth

Sisko: New Orleans, Earth

Non-American born characters:

Picard: Labarre, France

O'Brien: Kilarney, Ireland, Earth

Uhura: United States of Africa, Earth

La Forge: African Confederation, Earth

Lots of characters didn't have birthplaces listed but it is interesting to see countries listed for some non-American born characters but not for American born.