Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Voyager Screwing Up The Timeline?

I watched episode 2x05 - Non Sequitur the other day. The episode when Harry returns to earth in another reality when he accidently enters the timestream with his shuttlepod..

I have just started watching Voyager, but if I am not a total a$$hole it is after TNG in trek timeline.. and isn't earth supposed to be a civilized and "good" planet where no violence or crime or other things like that occur any longer.. But still Paris is drunk and volatile, it just doesn't fit my idea of earth as it is descriped.. I guess i am taking Piccards describing the wrong way..

Hmm.. this is just a small thing, I know.. but yet, what are your thoughts?

Hey, we're only human. Who's to say that those who prefer to live on Earth in the 24th century don't still enjoy a good druken night out every now and them. I doubt if human behavior is really going to change that radically as portrayed on Trek. Gene Roddenbarry wanted a future of harmony and understanding and tolerance as he depicted but he made quite a few general assumptions as to what would happen and how it happened. As for your topic header on Voyager screwing up the time line, no better example is the finale "Endgame" Imagine coming back to the Alpha quadrant with Federation technology that was still years away? Plus the idea of being able to meet oneself is still a bit dicey to me. Oh yeah, Voyager messed up the timeline big. But it's just a tv show so getting into the actual theories and consequences are not what the writers had in mind.

guess your right.. just think that Voyager is really screwing up the timeline a lot more then any other series so far.. The whole series a lot more unprofessionally produced.. In a Trek way, of course :laugh:

I'm afraid I haven't seen the other episode you refer to, didn't catch them all on TV, and i'm only done with the second season so far, am downloading them all..

Don't forgot there was that amazing episode where the some temporal federation ship from the future is trying to fix the time line screwed up by Voyager. I think the captain of that ship mentioned how much of a nuisance Janeway had been with messing up the time line so often.

Actually, I don't believe Voyager messed with the timeline. Sure, they had one they had a LOT of time travel adventures, but none on the level of complete damage. The one ones with significant damage are...

"Future's End" - Sol system almost destroyed, Holo-Doc gets his mobile emitter, computer revolution of 20th century happens.

"Endgame" - Future technology brought home to Earth.

So, they messed up once, and then brought home advanced technology. That's nothing compared to Kirk! :laugh:

Actually, I don't believe Voyager messed with the timeline.  Sure, they had one they had a LOT of time travel adventures, but none on the level of complete damage.  The one ones with significant damage are...

"Future's End" - Sol system almost destroyed, Holo-Doc gets his mobile emitter, computer revolution of 20th century happens.

So, they messed up once, and then brought home advanced technology.  That's nothing compared to Kirk! :laugh:

lol, no doubt. Kirk was just plain trouble :wow:

Yes, they made a lot of mistakes in the timeline, but nothing major. What bothered me was how alot of the episodes talking about the "Temporal Prime Directive" and its supreme importance, but yet they never seemed to have a problem violating the directive if it meant a new piece of technology. I just had a problem with the "Everyone has to follow the rules, unless it will benefit us." way that the crew handled the situation.

Actually, I don't believe Voyager messed with the timeline.  Sure, they had one they had a LOT of time travel adventures, but none on the level of complete damage.  The one ones with significant damage are...

So, they messed up once, and then brought home advanced technology.  That's nothing compared to Kirk! :o

Actually, I don't believe Voyager messed with the timeline. Sure, they had one they had a LOT of time travel adventures, but none on the level of complete damage. The one ones with significant damage are...

So, they messed up once, and then brought home advanced technology. That's nothing compared to Kirk!

Thank you Captain Picard for your comments here. :o