ARMS

Hero or fool?

Hero or fool?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Hero or fool?

• Hero
    • Fool
    • Hard to say

Ok i went to a party on friday night, after about a half hour my friend Dom and three people we had just met decided to go to the shop, i thought i'd tag along, on the way we encountered a drunk guy and a kid, who was going round accusing everyone he could find of "slamming kids into walls".

He came out of nowhere and was trying to start a fight with Dom (Dom is a big lad, he's like twice my height and build, and the guy was his physical equal), Dom backed away, and eventually ran down a road, while he was running, this guy we just met a the party Andy told me to walk the two girls back, while he found Dom, i agreed and just minutes after Andy left us Dom ran passed us back to the party, i told the girls to run with him, while i went to look for Andy, the wouldn't they insisted they come with me, and i couldn't force them. As soon as we found Andy we found the guy n kid. The guy was tryna pick a fight with Andy (who looks older than me, but is not), he said "your the oldest aren't ya!", and i said "no he's not..i am" so he grabbed me by the throat and pinned me against a wall punching my face and head butting me, while the kid hit my ribs, during this time Andy and the girls were standing there scared stiff, while i was shouting at them to run.

I hit him with my elbow and escaped, then we all ran.

When we got back to the party everyone was either giulty, angry or upset. Although Dom claimed the guy had a Knife, he show his true colors and its a yellow.

The price for protecting Innocent strangers was a dislocated shoulder, cracked ribs, a black eye, several scapes, a few bumps, a bloody nose and a swollen cheek.

The girls were telling my Nicky just how brave i was and what a coward Dom was

Hero or fool?

Edited by ARMS

Ok so far i'm a fool, but whoever said it hasn't told me why.

Am i any different to those super hero's everyone admires, i help innocent strangers in distress at the cost of my own safety. Without super powers!

Edited by ARMS

Sorry ARMS. I was the one who chose fool.

But it was only after I quickley read it once. After I reread it a couple of times I was like 'why did I choose fool?!'

After reading it again I think you are a hero!

Really? thanks man, it makes the pain worth bearing :laugh: (no sarcasm intended).

Its funny really, i felt no pain until my nose started bleeding then it hurt.

I voted for hero but you should not be harsh on your friend.

A very wise man once said

It is not the fight the man is in but the fight that is in the man

No not all men are bourn with the same amount of fight in them, but each man dose come with a built in animal reflex called the fight or flight reflex and for most the flight reflex kicks in without control and that contorl if not naturaly there takes years of training to get. so I would say that you where a fool for your comment on your friend and I would say you where very lucky for your own control

Yeah.

If there is a lot of pain the body suppresses it so you can get help. Which is pretty handy. :laugh:

Yeh a friend of mine at the party (he wasn't aware of the situation at the time, he was at the house), he was once assaulted by 4 guys with knifes, he was all sliced up and he told me the adrenaline kept him from feeling pain until he saw himself in the mirror.

Yeah.

No not all men are bourn with the same amount of fight in them, but each man dose come with a built in animal reflex called the fight or flight reflex and for most the flight reflex kicks in without control and that contorl if not naturaly there takes years of training to get. so I would say that you where a fool for your comment on your friend and I would say you where very lucky for your own control

I agree. If I were in his situation I would have took of like a bird. :laugh:

I voted for hero but you should not be harsh on your friend.

A very wise man once said

It is not the fight the man is in but the fight that is in the man

So far i have been very forgiving, it's others which have told him what they think of his behaviour.

The think is i've known Dom for 5 years and in all time he's always stood his ground against anyone, i mean the guy is REALLY strong and fast he could take me on easy, and brags about it all the time, and right when i needed him, he ran.

Yeah.

atleast you'll admit it, but Dom always brags about taking on anyone...

Yeah.

In situations like that most people will get butterflys in the stumach and the leg will feell shaky, this is because blood is being pumped from the gut into the leg to get the body ready to run. the way most of my friends know if in a situation like that if I am gona fight or run is if i become very calm. I start to control my breathing so that I do'nt run and can control my reaction. and it has taken nearly 10 years of training to get to a level of control not to run or fly into a blind rage.

I've never ran, and as for a blind rage, well, until this happened i had split personality disorder from a young age.

I had 6 personalitys. When i was 9, 5 personalitys became 1 person, me, while the 6th was a physco, and didnt want him to be a part of me, basically since, whenever i got agetated i'd become animalistic and violent, as soon as he had pushed my body too hard i'd pass out, and wake up in pain.

On friday i was trying to release him, because he is stronger and more of a 'killing-machine' than me, last night i allowed him to become a permanent part of me, so far i'm just being more sarcastic and winning every argument with shouting, but so far its going well.

Edited by ARMS

If you noticed the girls chose to stay with you, and did not follow Dom, so perhaps they had an instinct as to who it was safer to be with...someone who would take risks for someone else.

That is always the better choice, but sometimes, as it did for you, it has consequences. Don't second guess yourself out of knowing that you made the right choice, to try to find Andy, rather than leave him out there alone.

Where would this country be if we only made choices safe for ourselves, and a handful of people we know. Those young people in Iraq are taking risks for countless Americans they do not know, and who, if not for excessive media coverage, might not be in everyone's thoughts. But becuase of what they are doing the world just might be a little bit safer....

You made the right choice.

Interesting Boliver..... *hard thinking awaits*

Thanks to all who said i did the right thing, it makes me feel better about it, through all the pain.

Stick with him, he's a brave one

I'm going to say that it was heroic to help out that Andy guy. Good work.

Some friends who spoke to him after it happened, said that Andy said he didn't care about me at all :o <_< :( :unsure: :frusty:

Anyone who sticks his neck out to protect the innocent is a hero in my book.

I would say that you are a hero. You did a BRAVE thing helping out your friends. In my book that makes you a hero. :lol: :)

Dang Adam! :dude: Tough luck, man; really hope you heal up soon. Did you follow it up any? Even if they'd be hard for the police to find, I'm a huge fan of getting people like that thrown in the slammer for a little while. :dude: