Sign in to follow this  
removed

Time Travel

Physics...just did this. (Love that class btw) Basically, yeah. The closer to the speed of light you travel, the faster you go. It's an exponential increase. The time you save by going faster is basically non-exsistant, untill you get going about .8 times the speed of light, then, since it's exponential, after that speed, the rate of time slows down, however only to the people around you. You would also seem to be really stretched out. (As already graciously explained by Viper)

To get time travel, you must look at worm holes. To get worm holes, you basically colide 2 black holes together. Think of space as a piece of paper. Make a 2 marks, each on the edge of the same piece of paper. Then fold the paper. As you see, the 2 marks are closer now. This is what worm holes are suppost to do. Now, to take this theory into time travel: basically you use one of these worm holes, going very close to, if not at the speed of light. Bringing back the twin theory, you will have gone a lot slower in this worm hole than anyone else. You then return generations ahead of your time. However, with this, you only go forward in time. You'd have to be going so fast that you go backwards in time, which, as Viper also stated, would have to be faster than light, which is impossible. Relativity = very confusing. Almost as confusing as time paradoxes.

Stephen Hawking has a great explanation in The Universe in a nutshell.....

AHHHHHHHH..... Twin Paradoxes.....

i have the steven hawking book and i think its probably right..... and i think that I'm going to run till i get to see the begining of microsoft..... buy lots o stock and then use the rewind button to come back to my time

I have decided to merge this topic with the older ones so people can see the entire topic for discussion.