Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Chicago Movie & Soundtrack

I unfortuantely have not seen the movie Chicago yet. My little sister has and she loved it, she said it was even better than hearing the soundtrack which I have and I think it is awesome!

I was just curious to know how many people have seen the movie, heard the soundtrack, or both? And what did you think about it??

Yes, I've seen the movie and loved it. It was kind of necessary since my daughter is a dancer. I thought it was well done, well acted and the professional dancers were incredible. The music and lighting is great. We may have to go see it again and I've already been informed that we ARE getting the DVD when it comes out. :blink:

I know that regardless of seeing the movie or not in theaters I will be getting that DVD! I got to see a little of the Behind the Scenes, and I thought that the scenes that were shown were awesome!!!!

You should see it in a theatre, if at all possible. Some movies are just so good in theatres because of the sound systems and big screens. It will be good on DVD, but some scenes, like the cell-block tango, are so much better on the big screen. The visuals in this movie are so striking and impressive.

Yay!!! I found out that Chicago is playing at our "cheap" theater and I am going to finally going to see it!!!!! Can't wait!!

I just got back not too long ago from seeing it....IT WAS AWESOME! I loved the whole movie! And it actually manages to be even better than the soundtrack!!

Isn't it great?? I think it's actually one movie that deserved all the academy awards it got.

Isn't it great?? I think it's actually one movie that deserved all the academy awards it got.

nah, Nemesis deserved the Oscar for best picture this year. :tear::D

OK, maybe not win the Oscar, but at least it would have been NICE to have Nemesis get a NOMINATION or two, or three or ...... As much as I loved Nemesis, I really AM glad that Chicago won that award!

OK, maybe not win the Oscar, but at least it would have been NICE to have Nemesis get a NOMINATION or two, or three or ...... As much as I loved Nemesis, I really AM glad that Chicago won that award!

I was actually thinking about it this morning for some reason. But Nemesis really should have at least been nominated in the special effects or sound editing category. The whole battle scene in the nebula should been reason enough for a nomination.

OOPS!!!!!!!

Didn't even think about Nemesis when I made that comment!!!

Anyway, I agree that Nemesis deserved at least a couple of nominations. Really, my comment was more about some of the movies which have won in the past and then when I saw them, I thought they were either just plain terrible or at least not deserving of the Oscar they received. It would have been great for Nemesis to win, or even be nominated. But since it wasn't, I'm glad that Chicago won.

I've seen the movie and have the soundtrack, and i love both, but I didn;t quite believe it was...necessary, for it to have been nominated for 13 awards!!

I have seen the movie Chicago 6 times!!! and the theater version 1 time I love the songs and the characters make me laugh hard!!!!! ( oh and no the reasson that I saw the movie 6 times was because some of my friends wanted to see it and others did not so I would go with them but hey I am not complaining haha)

I think the favorite thing about the theater I went to see it in was the fact that we(my mom, brother & I) were three of about 9 that were there. Which means we were free to sing aloud, and along with the movie!!! We had a blast!

I have seen the movie Chicago 6 times!!!  and the theater version 1 time I love the songs and the characters make me laugh hard!!!!! ( oh and no the reasson that I saw the movie 6 times was because some of my friends wanted to see it and others did not so I would go with them but hey I am not complaining haha)

Did you know Melanie Griffith has signed on to play Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway. What do you think of that you Chicago fans?