Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Bandai NCC-1701

I just placed my order for this Enterprise thru the Communicator magazine website. It looks pretty good don't you think?...It'll be a nice Christmas present for myself.. ;)

NCC-1701

I picked up the same issue yesterday and was looking that ad over, I want all three but with all the dough I've been shelling out for season boxsets I doubt I'll be able to get even one of them. ;)

Are you buying it as collectors item or will you be putting it together?

I picked up the same issue yesterday and was looking that ad over, I want all three but with all the dough I've been shelling out for season boxsets I doubt I'll be able to get even one of them. ;)

Are you buying it as collectors item or will you be putting it together?

I'll definately be puting it together so I can enjoy it in my home..I know what you mean about the cost of seasons sets, models and other Trek stuff..It certainly isn't a cheap hobby..

Well it sure is a killer kit and I'm envious you getting one, post a pic of when you have it assembled ok?

I looked around the site for pics of the other two ships offered but no luck, I think if I had the $70 clams to get just one it would be the 1701-E, that's the only Ent model I've never owned.

I think it looks really cool, even if it is kind of small. Spacetigger, be sure to find and read some online reviews for assembly tips...I read a couple of them a while ago and they said to glue some parts of it together to avoid light leaks.

Sorry, I don't have a link handy to post for ya. Enjoy!

Well, I assembled my Enterprise yesterday. I agree that it is a killer model kit! I wish it was a little bigger but it's cool. It looks great. You were right mofo jones, there are a couple of spots that didn't go together perfectly and I may go back and glue them. Overall I think it came out real good..Not sure if I'll be able to post any pics since I don't have a digital camera yet. If I do post some pics, it won't be for quite a while.

Well, I now have a digital camera so here are a few pics of my Bandai 1701..

Click for Spoiler:

Ent1.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Ent2.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Ent3.jpg