Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

What we leave behind

I have just watched this episode agane and the was somthing about the name that had me thinking. because of the sentiment of the episode do you think the got the name from a Quote by captain Picard in Generations??

What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever.

I believe it has to do with the way everyone's storylines kind of split in the final episode. Worf going off to Kronos, Odo going back to be with the Founders, Miles going back to Earth and Starfleet Academy and Sisko going to be with the Profits.

They all had those moments of rememberence, of the things that they were leaving behind in order to strike out on their new journey. They're leaving friends and family and great memories. I also think it had something to do with how the writers, directors and producers all felt about ending the series.

It's kind of a somber title. Whenever you move on in your life you always look forward to the new adventure, but at the moment of leaving you always look back at "What You Leave Behind".