Sign in to follow this  

Somethings about Odo that have had me Perplexed for awhile

His Vocie. As we know, Changelings can Imitate Voices...so I wonder how came to decide to use Rene Auberjonois' Voice :blink:

His Commuticator. We See it morph with him. Wazzupwitdat??!!! ;)

and Finaly...how far do you think he can expand himself and how Small can he get? :D

Anyone else wondered this?? :hand:

Actually, Rene doesn't sound like that. He stated once that he can't really even talk like that in real life because it has something do with the make up that makes him talk that way. If you watch that episode where Sisko is having a dream and all the actors are in it playing different people without make up (great episode btw), Rene's character doesn't sound like Odo at all.

And remember, Odo wasn't as good as a changeling as the founders. He couldn't morph into other people, so he probably couldn't imitate voices like Quark's for example.

Well yes...that's true...he doesn't sound like that.

Oh..about Odo not Imitating Voices...He did a Good Found Leader when they Stole that Jem'Hadar Ship :blink:

any Ideas on that other stuff??

His Commuticator. We See it morph with him.  Wazzupwitdat??!!!  :blink:

I never thought of that. ;)

I never thought of that. ;)

me neither. Probably a huge over sight that lasted 7 years. :D

Actually, Rene doesn't sound like that. He stated once that he can't really even talk like that in real life because it has something do with the make up that makes him talk that way. If you watch that episode where Sisko is having a dream and all the actors are in it playing different people without make up (great episode btw), Rene's character doesn't sound like Odo at all.

And remember, Odo wasn't as good as a changeling as the founders. He couldn't morph into other people, so he probably couldn't imitate voices like Quark's for example.

Far Beyond The Stars - That was a great episode.

They probably just didn't want to deal with that problem if they even notised it.

as far as how small, i saw him become a glass and a little hand held padd, but i am only up to season two.

Perhaps when he morphs, the comm badge is brought to his certer. He will need it, so he had to keep a hold of it.

so he probably couldn't imitate voices like Quark's for example.

if he could he would frame Quark for something, lol.

Somethings about Odo that have had me Perplexed for awhile

His Vocie.  As we know, Changelings can Imitate Voices...so I wonder how came to decide to use Rene Auberjonois' Voice :angry:

His Commuticator. We See it morph with him.  Wazzupwitdat??!!!  :)

and Finaly...how far do you think he can expand himself and how Small can he get?  :)

Anyone else wondered this?? :angry:

We saw (and heard) Rene live at a con before and I think they sound very much the same, remember Benson? Again it's the same voice, imo.

He has the same tone, yes, but he still changes his voice.

ANYWAY - the one I always wondered about is a simple law of physics...Odo can't change his mass; he can just rearrange it. If he weighs 200 lbs as a "man," then when he's a datapadd, he should still weigh 200 lbs.

Chalk it up to "but he's good television" and leave it at that.

Stardate:213488.9

As far as his communicator goes I figure he can use part of his body to change into one.As said above he has changed into a PADD and other equipment so it makes sense.

as far as how small, i saw him become a glass and a little hand held padd, but i am only up to season two.

Perhaps when he morphs, the comm badge is brought to his certer. He will need it, so he had to keep a hold of it.

That is a great theory. Especially when you think about the fact that it would not be difficult for him to do so.

They've said more than once that Odo can't morph into complex machines and such, so I allways figured he studied the Bajorran Com Badge so he could morph "part of himself" to simulat the comm badge instead of having to carry it with him.

As for how small? He once turned into a rat! :lol:

Id go witht he theory that he carries the com badge about inside of him. And he can probably concentrate his molecular structure into tightly packed small and losely packed large. If he mutated into a dinosaur he may be very unstable and literally come apart. Like elastic.

Stardate:213488.9

As far as his communicator goes I figure he can use part of his body to change into one.As said above he has changed into a PADD and other equipment so it makes sense.

I would go with that one, just because I'm sure when Odo morph he sometimes don't want to be traceble by his combage..

And, well, since he can turn into a pad...

But that's fun all the theory we can put for this.. eheh