Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Mistakes/irregularities in the movies

Star Trek 5 (groan): while blasting up the turbo shaft, McCoy and Kirk LIGHTLY hold onto Spock yet when we see their feet they are dangling from him in mid air.

Enterprise-A being a 78 deck ship... while going straight up with no turns. :)

In NEMESIS, you can see a deck chart at the back of the bridge and count 24 decks on the Enterprise-E. Worf reports intruders on Deck 29 where Riker and Worf lead a team to fight them. Riker follows the Viceroy to a lower deck, then finally kicks him down at least 10 more decks. Um... Where did they go, since they went below the bottom deck? :dude: :) :)

Star Trek 5 (groan): while blasting up the turbo shaft, McCoy and Kirk LIGHTLY hold onto Spock yet when we see their feet they are dangling from him in mid air.

how bout this...when they start climbing the first deck we see is 13 and as they shoot up the last deck they are about to hit is 78... now correct me if im wrong but dont they count downward usually.. deck one being the bridge. .deck 50ish being the bottom

how bout this...when they start climbing the first deck we see is 13 and as they shoot up the last deck they are about to hit is 78... now correct me if im wrong but dont they count downward usually.. deck one being the bridge. .deck 50ish being the bottom

That's correct, but the ship is only 23 decks, and you can't go in a straight line from deck 23 to deck 1. :dude:

I know that this could be more less explained but in Generations Picard says that Data's emotion chip had been fused into his nueral net, but in Insurrection Geordi says that Data didn't take his chip with him to study the Baku.

I know that this could be more less explained but in Generations Picard says that Data's emotion chip had been fused into his nueral net, but in Insurrection Geordi says that Data didn't take his chip with him to study the Baku.

In Generations, Picard does indeed say that Data's emotion chip is fused into his neural net and cannot be removed. However, in Insurrection, Picard asks about Data's emotion chip with Geordi saying that he didn't take it with him. I allways assumed that new technologies allowed Data's emotion chip to be "removed" without damage to Data's neural net nor emotion chip.

Another blooper from Star Trek 5...after the Enterprise enters orbit around Sha-Ka-Ree, Kirk decides to take a shuttle down to the planet to investigate. He invites Spock, McCoy, and Sybok to join him. While boarding the shuttle aboard the Enterprise, Sybok's hair is long (shoulder length) and wild looking, but when they disembark from the shuttle after landing on Sha-Ka-Ree, Sybok's hair is neatly trimmed above the collar! Did anybody notice a barber aboard the shuttle? I sure didn't!!

Another blooper from Star Trek 5...after the Enterprise enters orbit around Sha-Ka-Ree, Kirk decides to take a shuttle down to the planet to investigate.  He invites Spock, McCoy, and Sybok to join him.  While boarding the shuttle aboard the Enterprise, Sybok's hair is long (shoulder length) and wild looking, but when they disembark from the shuttle after landing on Sha-Ka-Ree, Sybok's hair is neatly trimmed above the collar!  Did anybody notice a barber aboard the shuttle?  I sure didn't!!

Finaly, Someone Else Besides Me Has Noticed This. It's Been Bugging Me For Years.

I have always wondered one thing about the nexus in Generations.

When Picard arrives there Guinan tells him he can do anything he wants, which includes traveling back in time. Why then does he seem so worried about not being able to save that planet? He could travel back in time as many times as he likes, until he can prevent it..

Another thing that is quite odd, in the nexus you can have and do whatever you want, shouldn't Soran be able to prevent the timetravel? Not that it is possible to have a place where everyone can have what they want..

In fact, when you think about, the entire movie is just one big mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the movie, I can't dislike any Star Trek movie, but the story could be better.. a lot better..

Edited by Stelfan

When Picard arrives there Guinan tells him he can do anything he wants, which includes traveling back in time. Why then does he seem so worried about not being able to save that planet? He could travel back in time as many times as he likes, until he can prevent it..

Another thing that is quite odd, in the nexus you can have and do whatever you want, shouldn't Soran be able to prevent the timetravel? Not that it is possible to have a place where everyone can have what they want..

Don't get me wrong, I still like the movie, I can't dislike any Star Trek movie, but the story could be better.. a lot better..

You know I have never thought about that! All of the times I've see n that movie and I have never caught that. Maybe the Enterprise was still too far away to detect a beam up?

I just wondered did protein resequensers exist in ST VI? I swore I saw cooks in a galley.

Well, I allwas wonderred why he didn't go back to when Soran was found by the Enterprise and throw him in the brig, but then, the movie would end too soon. :) As for travelling back in time as often as he wants? He has to leave the nexus as "well" as travel back in time in order to save the planet, and once doing so, he can't "time travel" again unless he re-enters the Nexus.

Well, Soran would be in his "fantasy world", not Picard's. Besides, would Soran really know that you could leave the Nexus to any place or time?

I thought this was an excellent Trek and sci-fi movie. The only thing that annoyed me was the stock footage of the BOP exploding from Movie #6. I don't mind stock footage in an episode, but this is a movie! :lol:

What do you have in mind?

You know I have never thought about that! All of the times I've see n that movie and I have never caught that. Maybe the Enterprise was still too far away to detect a beam up?

I just wondered did protein resequensers exist in ST VI? I swore I saw cooks in a galley.

Which beam-up?

Protien resequensers? They have replicators! :) Also, the Enterprise-D may have a galley for when they want to eat "real food", but it was not seen in the movie.

Which beam-up?

I think he means, when Picard beamed down to where Soran had his launching system set up. I'd guess Soran or the Klingons had some kind of dampening fiel;d to block the signatures.

Another question about Generations. This isn't really a mistake, but why did they keep changing uniforms through out the coarse of the film. I didn't have a problem with either one (except for Geordi and Riker having 8 inches cut off the end of their sleeves), but it was just iratating to me when the uniforms were so off set.

Well, the uniforms in ST:FC weren't all new, but rather an upgrade of the DS9 uniforms. For the TNG era...

TNG Season 1 - New uniform

TNG Season 3 - Season 1 uniform upgraded

DS9 Season 1 (TNG Season 6) - Introduces jumpsuits for use on space stations.

Generations - Starfleet decides to adopt the space station uniform for starships.

First Contact - DS9-style uniform gets upgrade

Well, It still iratates me slightly when I see the different uniforms, (it's just one of those weird things), but I didn't expect any real fulfilment. Its not like my soul is riding on it, just a matter of my personal preference.

I thought this was an excellent Trek and sci-fi movie.  The only thing that annoyed me was the stock footage of the BOP exploding from Movie #6.  I don't mind stock footage in an episode, but this is a movie! :)

Yeah, That Was Kinda Stupid, lol

I thought this was an excellent Trek and sci-fi movie.  The only thing that annoyed me was the stock footage of the BOP exploding from Movie #6.  I don't mind stock footage in an episode, but this is a movie! :)

Yeah, That Was Kinda Stupid, lol

Yeah, and didn't they use some from Search for Spock, when the Bird of Prey decloaked at Veridian. I'm pretty sure that was also stock footage.

Well, I allwas wonderred why he didn't go back to when Soran was found by the Enterprise and throw him in the brig, but then, the movie would end too soon. :) As for travelling back in time as often as he wants?  He has to leave the nexus as "well" as travel back in time in order to save the planet, and once doing so, he can't "time travel" again unless he re-enters the Nexus.

Well, if he would fail again that would only mean that he woule re-enter the nexus, and therefore he could just try again, and again, and again...

I'm still not convinced he ever got out of the Nexus, but that's a whole other issue. :dude::dude:

Remember this...?

Picard, "Guinnan, what are you doing here? I thought you were on the Enterprise."

Guinnan, "Think of me as an echo of the person you know."

...and later...

Picard, "Guinnan, can I leave the Nexus?"

Guinnan, "Where would you go?"

Picard, "I don't understand."

Guinnan, "Time has no meaning here. If you leave the Nexus, you can go anywhere, anytime."

Picard deffinately left the nexus. :dude:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Well, I wont drag the topic away since I don't think it matters either way, but it could just as easily be argued that he's living out another form of fantasy from his mind. It creates whatever reality you want, and he wanted to stop Soran.

Don't worry, I think he got out as well, but ya never know - seems strange that you can just wish yourself out of an interspacial ribbon. :dude: