Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Next year the final season?!?!?!?!

Now I'm concerned. Enterprise is a really good show. Some of the best stuff on TV. I blame this all on our sick love for Reality Shows.... they suck! (Sorry, I need a scape goat for this) LONG LIVE ENTERPRISE!

Rumours of Possible Changes for 'Enterprise'

By Michelle

December 9, 2003 - 8:36 PM

Two rumours surfaced today of possible changes for Star Trek: Enterprise later this season.

Mediaweek Programming Insider columnist Marc Berman has reported that UPN is considering moving Star Trek: Enterprise to Friday nights.

"If UPN really does move Enterprise to Friday as rumored, there really could be trouble ahead for the vulnerable Star Trek series," he noted.

Fans of the original series may remember that Star Trek was cancelled after being moved to the "death slot" on Friday evenings, an often difficult night for shows to find a young adult audience.

However, The X-Files found its audience on Friday nights due to the lack of competing genre series, and without direct competition from Smallville, Enterprise might thrive in the timeslot, traditionally not a strong ratings night for UPN.

Meanwhile, Dark Horizons is reporting a rumour from the Paramount lot that there will be 24 episodes of Enterprise instead of 26 this season.

Reporter Garth Franklin cites an alleged leaked Paramount memo stating that the current Enterprise season will be reduced to 24 shows - the first time in nearly 20 years that a Star Trek series has filmed fewer than 26 episodes per season except during a writers' strike.

Dark Horizons emphasizes that this is only a rumour which the reporter was unable to corroborate with the studio.

"Lot talk behind the memo is that next year will be the last season of Enterprise," Franklin added. "A fourth and final season of 24 shows, which with the first two seasons total episode count...would fulfill the magic syndication requirement of 100 total episodes."

The Dark Horizons story is here. Berman's Mediaweek column is here. Please bear in mind that none of this information is official; it has not been confirmed by Paramount or UPN and should be treated as a rumour.

IT'S ALL RUMORS!!!

Rumors of ENT demise have been circulating ever since the night after Broken Bow aired!

It's all unofficial. I HOPE it's just a rumor. Enterprise is getting better and better.

We'll see what Paramount has to say. The article is a bit inaccurate though when it says:

Reporter Garth Franklin cites an alleged leaked Paramount memo stating that the current Enterprise season will be reduced to 24 shows - the first time in nearly 20 years that a Star Trek series has filmed fewer than 26 episodes per season except during a writers' strike.

The first season of DS9 had 19 episodes and the first season of Voyager had 16 episodes. While the reason for the short runs of those seasons is due to the fact that they started in January they were none the less seasons that were not during a writers strike and had less then 26 episodes. Which is in conflict with this article. I point this out because if an article has one error then you have to question all of it.

Here's a threory:

Enterprise runs 2 seasons on UPN. UPN has name changed to Star Trek: Enterprise for 3rd season. Aftre 4th season, UPN cancels ENT with a big, epic season finale. Paramount then puts ENT into syndication for Season 5.

I bet this will be what happens. Anyone agree?

Only rumors. There has been talk of Enterprise being cancelled since the first show. I won't panic until it happens and I don't believe that it will. The shows are much better this year and they keep on getting better. It wouldn't be Star Trek if it didn't have a constant threat of being cancelled. We should all be used to it by now.

Folks, Steve Krutzler, editor of trekweb.com (an extremely reliable source) has confirmed that Paramount confirmed that only 24 episodes of ENT will be produced this year. Paramount did not confirm with Trekweb:

1.)a move to Fridays

2.)cancellation after season four. Ratings will determine cancellation--period according to them.

It's to save money. UPN is in dire straits. At 24 episodes, ENT will still be producing 2 more eps a season than shows on all the major network series who only produce 22. "24" is an extremely successful, critically acclaimed program...and it only produces 24 episodes a year. 22 is the norm and ENT is very expensive. It's money. This isn't a death knell. :(

Folks, Steve Krutzler, editor of trekweb.com (an extremely reliable source) has confirmed that Paramount confirmed that only 24 episodes of ENT will be produced this year.  Paramount did not confirm with Trekweb:

1.)a move to Fridays

2.)cancellation after season four. Ratings will determine cancellation--period according to them.

It's to save money.  UPN is in dire straits.  At 24 episodes, ENT will still be producing 2 more eps a season than shows on all the major network series who only produce 22.  "24" is an extremely successful, critically acclaimed program...and it only produces 24 episodes a year.  22 is the norm and ENT is very expensive. It's money. This isn't a death knell.  :(

I so love the voice of reason. Thanks MR

What about the Romulan War?  They'll be cancelling the show just before we get to the good part! :(

You will understand how the fans of TOS felt, and why we want to return to TOS era and finish the original five year mission!

What about the Romulan War?  They'll be cancelling the show just before we get to the good part! :(

You will understand how the fans of TOS felt, and why we want to return to TOS era and finish the original five year mission!

Yes, but TOS was episodic. There wasn't anything in paticular you missed. With ENT, we "know" what we'll be missing, and that's the Romulan War.

Yes, but TOS was episodic. There wasn't anything in paticular you missed. With ENT, we "know" what we'll be missing, and that's the Romulan War.

Really? I find it disturbing the ease in which you can chuck my feelings as well as the feelings of other TOS fans into the garbage like that ... bravo! TOS is just as endearing to me as ENT is to you, and our mission was cut short by two whole years. Episodic or no, we were robbed of two seasons which we didn't get to see.

If they cancel ENT you will know how we felt ... no difference, unless, of course, you feel that your feelings and your show is somehow more important than mine.

Um, dude...  I wasn't chucking your feelings into the garbage, I was saying that there wasn't any specific TOS story you missed versus the Romulan War.  Please, let's not get all sensitive.

Well, what did you expect? Your comment: "There wasn't anything in particular you missed", in the context of this conversation translates to: "unimportant".

Edited by Big_Steve

Thank you CJLP, apology accepted, and I admit that I may have over-reacted ... sorry. But story arc or not, it doesn't make pre-mature cancellation of a beloved program any easier to take ... it's a bitter pill. There were many more stories to be told, planets to explore, and new life to be discovered by the OS crew ... the mission was cut way too short.

Stardate:213940.9

Ha I dont believe a word of it(well except for the seasons being shorten that seems to have creditabilty).Like was said before they have been saying they are going to cancel Enterprise since day 1.I will believe it when I see it

Just say this happened what will happen to the sites? I mean like startrefans, trekbbs, startrek.com (that place can go to hell) My new site coming soon?

Marc Berman from Mediaweek refuted the move to Friday's in today's column. It isn't happening. Cancellation will depend on ratings and nothing else. Basher that he is, he even begrudgingly admitted that ENT has an audience. There is no predetermined plan for cancellation. The only thing that's happening is a 24 episode season.....and that is two more episodes than every series at the major networks produces per season. All major networks produce 22 EPISODES PER SEASON OR LESS.

The sky has not fallen good people. :( Nothing has changed from two days ago. The only thing that's happened is a little fat trimming from the budget. ENTs producers wanted this; I've read as such more than once. 26 episodes are too much for the writers to churn out a year. This will give the writers more time.

This is a GOOD THING. Don't let the boo birds convince you otherwise. Vulture meat is sour. Leave them alone. M. Berman is just rattling cages.

http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.ph...b=5&o=7&fpart=1

^Link to thread which links today's mediaweek column.

Just say this happened what will happen to the sites? I mean like startrefans, trekbbs, startrek.com (that place can go to hell)

Oh, don't worry. Even if ENT was canceled (which I doubt at this point) we'll still be here @ StarTrekFans.net.

But story arc or not, it doesn't make pre-mature cancellation of a beloved program any easier to take ... it's a bitter pill. There were many more stories to be told, planets to explore, and new life to be discovered by the OS crew ... the mission was cut way too short.

The logic that I don't follow from CJCP is that the same thing could be argued for TNG. (And yes TNG had more of a flow then TOS, but there really was no major story arc)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Marc Berman from Mediaweek refuted the move to Friday's in today's column.  It isn't happening.  Cancellation will depend on ratings and nothing else. Basher that he is, he even begrudgingly admitted that ENT has an audience.  There is no predetermined plan for cancellation.  The only thing that's happening is a 24 episode season.....and that is two more episodes than every series at the major networks produces per season.    All major networks produce 22 EPISODES PER SEASON OR LESS.

The sky has not fallen good people.  :( Nothing has changed from two days ago.  The only thing that's happened is a little fat trimming from the budget.  ENTs producers wanted this; I've read as such more than once.  26 episodes are too much for the writers to churn out a year. This will give the writers more time.

This is a GOOD THING.  Don't let the boo birds convince you otherwise.  Vulture meat is sour. Leave them alone.  M. Berman is just rattling cages.

http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.ph...b=5&o=7&fpart=1

^Link to thread which links today's mediaweek column.

It seems that you are correct -

UPN Denies 'Enterprise' Schedule Change Rumors

http://www.trektoday.com/news/101203_03.shtml

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think the biggest problem Enterprise has is UPN. TNG and DS9 weren't on UPN were they? They were syndicated if I recall correctly. I think the local Fox channel carried both DS9 and TNG here.

I think the biggest problem Enterprise has is UPN. TNG and DS9 weren't on UPN were they? They were syndicated if I recall correctly. I think the local Fox channel carried both DS9 and TNG here.

Correct. Fox hosted both of them in my area as well. UPN began with VOY.

Sign in to follow this