Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Ozzy Osbourne Injured In Wreck

Wasn't Sure Where Else To Put This

And Sorry If It's Been Posted Already

From AOL News

LONDON (AP) - Once the wild man of heavy metal and now a dazed dad in a reality TV show, Ozzy Osbourne was recuperating in intensive care Tuesday, temporarily unable to speak, after a quad bike accident fractured several bones.

Wife Sharon Osbourne rushed to Britain to be with the 55-year-old following the latest dramatic incident in a colorful career that has taken in bat-decapitation, urinating on the Alamo, and other outrageous antics.

``Apparently he was on his quad bike and he hit something and he fell and the bike landed on top of him,'' Sharon Osbourne told reporters after flying into Heathrow Airport, west of London, from Los Angeles.

She visited her husband at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, west of London, where he underwent emergency surgery Monday to restore the flow to a damaged blood vessel, said Dr. (Please stop me from cursing) Jack, the hospital's medical director.

The singer fractured his left collarbone, eight ribs and a neck vertebra in the accident on his Buckinghamshire estate in southern England.

``His progress is steady, he's stable, he's comfortable,'' Jack said Tuesday afternoon. ``It's satisfactory but it's going to be slow. I don't expect any major changes certainly for 24 hours.''

He said he believed there was no risk of paralysis from the fractured neck vertebra, although doctors were waiting for the all-clear from neuro-radiologists before removing a hard collar Osbourne was wearing. He added that doctors had started removing a ventilator which prevented him from speaking, but said the process could take several days.

The accident occurred while the singer was taking a day off from promoting the British release of ``Changes,'' a duet with his daughter, Kelly, his London publicist Planet Publicity said in a statement.

Now...Ya'll Know I'm A Big Ozzy Fan...But Who The Hell Let Him On That Thing?? The Man Can Barely Walk As It Is.

Poor guy......as I have been watching the Osbornes I have noticed that Ozzy injures himself a lot! as for who let him on....whoed have guessed Ozzy would get hurt ? :borgqueen:

I just heard the news before coming on. At this time he is doing ok but can't speak because of a tube going down his throat. I'll be keeping good thoughts for Ozzy and his family and hope he makes a full recovery.